• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, the construction process can take awhile. Cutting it take a long time if it's only a couple orders because they might have to cut each piece by hand. That takes a lot of time and elbow grease. If it is at least a dozen then they can use a large hand held auto cutting machine.

I'm not sure of the process Epaulet uses to make their items but I think it's pretty lucky they made the long and short patterns. I probably wouldn't invest the money for the extra patterns for only a couple dozen orders on a seasonal coat.These guys work hard.

Oh I agree that it's awesome for Mike to offer long and shorts. It's just that I want a tweed coat now with only a week or so wait on getting it altered to fit :)

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

when can we expect new sizes/colors of chinos? specifically asking about the khaki canvas as well as wanting to know when new colors are slated to arrive. thanks.

I have a massive order wrapping up and finishing in LA pretty soon. Still anticipating them around the end of the month. We'll restock a bunch of existing colors and bring in Gunmetal canvas (can't wait for that!)

any word on CPO shirt restock? I was able to check them out when I was in NY a couple weeks ago and they are fantastic, wish there had been a large as I would definitely have gotten one.

Yes, we're unfortunately still waiting on the fabric - this shipment was crazy delayed from Italy, and I've been holding out for the same awesome wool melton that we ran the first batch in. It's probably going to be around the middle of November, realistically.

Mike, do you have deadstock fabrics coming in with the mid grey/charcoal/ glen plaid batch of walts?

Not deadstock per se, but a few new fabrics. I found an awesome Taupe Birdseye tweed - which is pretty close to the texture of a Donegal, but feels INCREDIBLE. We'll also restock the Wool/Cashmere Grey dress pants and bring in a Wool/Cashmere Navy trouser. Olive Moleskin should get restocked then too.

I'll be in the store on Saturday this weekend, will the waistcoats be there yet? I'd love to be able to try one on in person before I buy one.

Yes, I'm expecting the waistcoats to come in around the end of the week. You're coming by the Manhattan store, right?

Mike, do any of your customers ever notice that the shoulders are narrow on these jackets? I would love a brown houndstooth in X-long, but on the face of the measurements I have always thought that the shoulders were a bit on the tight side.
Wondering whether I should take a punt... The brown houndstooth sure is beckoning! Especially with matching Rudy trousers.

Awesome, thanks for the long measurements Mike!
To Doctor's point, I have noticed the shoulders do seem a little narrower than most OTR jackets I have tried. I typically wear a 40L, and most of my jackets have a 18.5" shoulder measurement. For these, I will have to size up to a 44L to get the shoulder fit right, but luckily the 31.5" length should be perfect for me now.

I am a pretty muscular 38 with fairly large shoulders and I think the shoulders fit pretty perfectly.

We've sold about a hundred of these jackets so far, and I've personally sold about two dozen of them. I haven't seen the shoulders be that much of an issue. Our jacket fit is spec'd for an athletic build, so it works TTS for most customers. In some cases, customers have sized up one to accommodate their shoulders, but I haven't encountered anyone who sized up two. If you're in doubt, going a size up will allow a tailor to take it in to a sharp fit.

My chest measures about 42.5" and I lift weights a few times a week. I've got fairly broad shoulders and the 42R is an excellent fit on my shoulders. I just had to get it taken in a little bit at the body. Unless your shoulders are really broad for your build, and you find that most slim pieces are tight around there, then I wouldn't worry about it. There's seam allowances throughout the jacket too, so it's entirely possible to let it out if need be.

Overall, our jackets are pretty slim though. Not crazy slim like Band of Outsiders or Thom Browne, but slimmer than most jackets out there on the market. Just like our shirting.

I wear an XS in the shirts but they're snug in the shoulders, so I ordered a size up for my sportcoat (36). It arrives today, so I'll let you know how it worked out.
I received my fairisle shirt last week, and it is bad ass! I'm gonna wear this thing way too much this winter!

Thank you sir!

Damn, 3 to 6 weeks for special lengths? Then add about a week for it to get to me plus another week to get it to my tailor for tweaking ( have to go on weekends) plus 7 to 10 days for the work to be done. Could stretch out to about 8 weeks or more before I would have it. A little too far into the season for a fall type coat for me. ****.

Yes, the lead time is definitely a consideration. I'm pretty confident that the turnaround time will be in the 3-4 week range, but Southwick can only commit to a 6-week delivery period. I've also got the issue that we're constantly cutting the seasonal fabrics, so they might not be available for special orders after the next week or so. We're already tapped out of the Baby Camel.

Most requests that I've received are for the Caine Hopsack blazer and the Weller in Medium Grey Super 120's, and we're good on both of those fabrics. The Caine is a true year-round piece, so that's an easy one to grab anytime.

dinted voice

Reaction score
Just got the pindot and it is amazing. I should get tons of wear out of this. Thanks for a great product, Mike and Adele!

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, I'm expecting the waistcoats to come in around the end of the week. You're coming by the Manhattan store, right?

Yep, I'll stop by the Manhattan store sometime on Saturday afternoon, looking forward to trying one of the waistcoats!

cl smooth

Reaction score

I have a massive order wrapping up and finishing in LA pretty soon. Still anticipating them around the end of the month. We'll restock a bunch of existing colors and bring in Gunmetal canvas (can't wait for that!)

cool! One more quick follow up question, what about cords? Any darker corduroy pants coming in anytime in the next month?

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question on the natural belts... How are they measured? Site says size up two from your usual pant size, but the site's models also having the belt not in the middle hole, which is what I prefer.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My belt did strike me as small at first. I buy size 28 or so in most pants. I measure 30 or 31" where I really wear pants. I got a size 30 belt and I doubt I will ever wear the belt tighter than the third hole; wearing my jeans on my hips, these are buckled at the second or even first hole.
However, the models are wearing brand new belts, and, if you're talking about the bridle belt, they do seem to stretch just a tiny bit during break-in. I'd say I got the right size.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

cool! One more quick follow up question, what about cords? Any darker corduroy pants coming in anytime in the next month?

Ah sorry, we don't have any more cords coming at all.

Quick question on the natural belts... How are they measured? Site says size up two from your usual pant size, but the site's models also having the belt not in the middle hole, which is what I prefer.

If you're in doubt, go for a size larger. Our sizing recommendation works for most customers, but every size exchange that I've ever received has been for the next size up, never the next size down.

Yep, I'll stop by the Manhattan store sometime on Saturday afternoon, looking forward to trying one of the waistcoats!

Very cool - we'll see you then!

Just got the pindot and it is amazing. I should get tons of wear out of this. Thanks for a great product, Mike and Adele!

Thank you sir, and enjoy the shirt!

nbernie

Reaction score
Last year's Navy Flannel. Beautiful depth to this fabric.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you're in doubt, go for a size larger. Our sizing recommendation works for most customers, but every size exchange that I've ever received has been for the next size up, never the next size down.

yes i went with my tanner belt size but had to go up a size for epaulet. it may be due to the fact that my tanner is really thick or it has stretched a ton from wear. but everyones exp may vary

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Buy two up. I don't know what's going on with the sizing on the models, but I am a 30 inch waist (I wear 30 in the rivet chinos, for example) and I took a natural CXL belt in size 32. Fits perfectly in the middle hole.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Buy two up. I don't know what's going on with the sizing on the models, but I am a 30 inch waist (I wear 30 in the rivet chinos, for example) and I took a natural CXL belt in size 32. Fits perfectly in the middle hole.

I will say that the belt stretches a lot in my estimation. I am a 33 waist in Epaulet Walt trousers and initially went with a size 34 belt. I thought that was too small and went up to size 36 and was using the middle hole. After wearing the belt for 3 weeks, I am on the last hole and it looks good but I guess I can't lose any weight; otherwise the belt will be unusable. I think I should have stuck with the size 34 belt; but obviously experiences will vary.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear a 33 Rudy and I got a size 34 belt in both the Brown CXL and Western Print. If I wear it with dress trousers, I usually use the 2nd hole, and if I'm wearing it with thicker pants like jeans or cords, I sometimes have to use the first hole. It may have been a good idea to get a 36, then have a cobbler chop it down to what would be the equivalent of a size 35.

pistolero

Reaction score

I wear a 33 Rudy and I got a size 34 belt in both the Brown CXL and Western Print. If I wear it with dress trousers, I usually use the 2nd hole, and if I'm wearing it with thicker pants like jeans or cords, I sometimes have to use the first hole. It may have been a good idea to get a 36, then have a cobbler chop it down to what would be the equivalent of a size 35.

I'm in the same boat...basically in between a 34 and 36 in most standard belts. I'm a 33 in rivet chinos and went with size 34 Epaulet belt. Fits perfectly in the second hole. My brown belt, which I've had longer, has definitely stretched some, so I'm glad I didn't go with a 36.

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm... good timing on the belt size question. I just ordered a 36 in the black. I wear a 36 Rudy. Should I have gone 38?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads