• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nycxandy

Reaction score
You probably said something about this before, but will the Grape Herringbone trousers be restocked?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'm in the same boat...basically in between a 34 and 36 in most standard belts. I'm a 33 in rivet chinos and went with size 34 Epaulet belt. Fits perfectly in the second hole. My brown belt, which I've had longer, has definitely stretched some, so I'm glad I didn't go with a 36.

Yes, going 2 inches up works for most people. If you're an odd size, going up one inch (like in pistolero's case) or three inch will typically work too.

Hmm... good timing on the belt size question. I just ordered a 36 in the black. I wear a 36 Rudy. Should I have gone 38?

Yes, I'd say so. PM me if you want to switch it out.

You probably said something about this before, but will the Grape Herringbone trousers be restocked?

Yup, in about three weeks. We have around 17 units inbound.

I will say that the belt stretches a lot in my estimation. I am a 33 waist in Epaulet Walt trousers and initially went with a size 34 belt. I thought that was too small and went up to size 36 and was using the middle hole. After wearing the belt for 3 weeks, I am on the last hole and it looks good but I guess I can't lose any weight; otherwise the belt will be unusable. I think I should have stuck with the size 34 belt; but obviously experiences will vary.

Oh don't stress out about the belt being too long. Take it to a good shoe cobbler - they'll be able to both punch additional holes and cleanly cut down and trim the end.

I have a few customers who dropped a considerable amount of weight and did exactly this for their belts. It's easy and pretty inexpensive.

samsterdam

Reaction score
Just got my grape herringbones in. Color is sick. If you missed out on the first run, definitely jump on the restock.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got my grape herringbones in. Color is sick. If you missed out on the first run, definitely jump on the restock.

these looked great....too bad they didn't offer them in the Rudy. Or better for my bank account that they didn't

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Think I might give the Walt's a try... and if it's close they can be let out a little apparently.

MacTerp

Reaction score
So, I have six pairs of Walts and I am thinking it's time to purchase lucky #7. I am wavering between the Grape Herringbones and the Medium Grey Flannels. I think they both look equally awesome, but does anyone have an opinion as to which pair would be warmer? I come from island stock and DC winters can be very cold!

nbernie

Reaction score

So, I have six pairs of Walts and I am thinking it's time to purchase lucky #7. I am wavering between the Grape Herringbones and the Medium Grey Flannels. I think they both look equally awesome, but does anyone have an opinion as to which pair would be warmer? I come from island stock and DC winters can be very cold!

My lucky #7 will be the med grays. The herringbone might be warmer?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Nice - thanks for picking them up!

They're both almost the same weight. The Grape Herringbone might be a tad thicker. If you don't already have a Grey Flannel trouser in your life, I'd recommend getting that one first - it's incredible how much you can wear them.

OK, and in other news:

1. Got our second Southwick for Michael Kuhle delivery. Holy s***. Two new Harris Tweeds, two solids, and the mod-est, baddest-ass Harris Tweed Overcoat of all time. It's like Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels. Shooting them today, working to get everything online by tomorrow.

2. We got a seriously tough Yuketen boot in:

Yuketen for Epaulet Lace To Toe Boot Peanut Roughout: $525

3. I'm thinking about doing a "fit pic" contest. Something open ended, where you can submit a solid fit pic with at least one Epaulet item. We'd put the pics onto our Tumblr page, and the ones with the most notes (likes and reblogs) win! Prizes would be Comme Des Garcons colognes. What do you guys think?

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
3. I'm thinking about doing a "fit pic" contest. Something open ended, where you can submit a solid fit pic with at least one Epaulet item. We'd put the pics onto our Tumblr page, and the ones with the most notes (likes and reblogs) win! Prizes would be Comme Des Garcons colognes. What do you guys think?

uhm, yes!

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
def yes ... but one epaulet item is too easy. should be more than one

edit: great yuketen boots mike! i just received the Danner x Tanner olive chromexcel boots that i think you mentioned you are carrying soon. amazing boot for hiking/bad weather

Last edited:

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
also you ought to limit the number of entries per participant or some people will go totally overboard

ok, I am referring to myself

i10casual

Reaction score
Yes, sounds fun.
I just received my Brixton today. Here are some shot at work fresh out of the box. This is the natural color at dusk with no flash, just the sun on them.

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm down, though with photogs with steez like KG and SVB I've no shot, unless your blog followers like facial hair.

Last edited:

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help... Put in an order for 34, I pretty much wear a 32 in all pants.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'm down, though with photogs with steez like KG and SVB I've no shot, unless your blog followers like facial hair.

Do they? Our tumblr followers love facial hair. Due to Dylan's generous modeling, we can count both "Husbears" and "Bearly Legal" as our tumblr followers. I have to say, you're going to be pretty competitive there.

OK, so let's definitely rock this contest next week! I'll get the terms and such done in the next few days.

Thanks for the help... Put in an order for 34, I pretty much wear a 32 in all pants.

Thank you sir!

And... I've got a favor to ask of you guys...

We're in the running for Racked.com's Best Menswear Store in New York contest. If you dig our store, please give us a vote - it would be awesome to win! We'd beat out the J.Crew Mens Shop and shove their "secret wash" where the f-ing sun doesn't shine! You don't have to register or anything, and you can cast your vote here:

http://ny.racked.com/archives/2011/..._the_best_menswear_store_in_new_york_city.php

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads