• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the sizing info. That will help me get my size right when I get my pre-order of my size 5Uk in the double monk.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I just checked my Walts and they're developing a rip in the same spot that has been mentioned earlier :confused:

Sorry to hear that - drop me a PM with details and we'll see what we can do for you

Anyone have a handle on how the Inca last fits compared to a Barrie?

The shape is vastly different, but most guys will get an equivalent fit by going down a half size from their Barrie last size (ex buy a 10UK if you take a 10.5D in Barrie).

The Inca last has a unique, and a very smart fit. Despite having a really chiseled toe, it offers a really comfortable shape that's not narrow at all.

Are the Chestnut Fitzgerald's due for a restock anytime soon?

Yes, but it's probably going to be late August before we bring in more Chestnut. We'll bring in a bunch of them then.

When is the deadline for a special order for the next delivery of the double monks? I PMed Matt about this, but I read earlier that he was swamped with PMs, so I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't too late for this.

Actually, I'm going to finalize the order this week. Delivery will be mid-May to early June. Drop me a PM if you want to special order a size.

Hi Epaulet,
Is there any chance the Epaulet Cigar Shell Officer's Indy boot will be making a reappearance anytime soon?

It's possible that we'll get a restock in the Fall, but I'm honestly not sure. Hopefully!

To NYR and/or anyone else,
Do you find the chinos to stretch at all, in any places, after some wearing? I'm asking because it is cotton after all. In my head, I would expect very minimal stretching (if you sized the pants right and they're not loose on you).
I've only worn my olive Service Pants twice and haven't noticed it.

Since a lot of us (me included) were raw denim enthusiasts, I always hesitate to use the word "stretch" with the chinos. Like any cotton trouser, you can expect them to break in a little bit with wear. But the expansion is typically not enough that guys should size down and buy them uncomfortably tight like they sometimes do with raw jeans. And like with jeans, you'll find that they'll tighten up a bit after a cold wash and hang dry.

So I'm a little annoyed with Epaulet. I placed the order on Friday for what was the current chino, then noticed right after that they just replaced them with a new one. I immediately messaged them asking about sizing and whether they could ship the new ones instead. They said yes (on Friday). While continuing to ask about sizing, I had them confirm a few times that they'd ship the new ones... well. They shipped out Monday and I received the old pair. :facepalm:.

Ah I'm sorry man. PM me your order details and we'll get you sorted ASAP with the correct pair of chinos. We'll take care of your return shipping expenses too, as it was our screw-up.

And not to make excuses, but this past week was gonzo for us. With chinos, carminas, shirts, etc we took a higher volume of orders in 5 days than ever before. Because so many chino purchases came from first-time customers, we received a lot of order modifications after the order was placed. Changes of size, changes of color, change to a different fabric, etc. They came in via email, phone, and PM, so it got really hectic to keep everything organized and fill everyone's order in a timely fashion. So my apologies if this kind of mixup or an unexpected stock-out happened to any SF members out there - it's not typical of us at all. This chino delivery was hotly anticipated, so it got a little crazy.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
Hey Mike, just out of curiosity, did the demand for the new Rivet Chinos exceed your expectations or did you expect such a quick sell-out? Specifically, did you expect the French Blue and Caramel to sell out as fast as they did?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone wants a pair of British Khaki Rivets in size 34 that are like new (only worn once for about 4 hours), let me know. I haven't really worn these at all and with the Caramel Ducks on the way, these might end up just sitting in my closet, so I'll let them go for well below retail to a happy home. Also, I need money to get in on the Cigar LWB pre-order :happy:

these British Khaki Rivets are sold, thanks!

Last edited:

runningfrog

Reaction score

And not to make excuses, but this past week was gonzo for us. With chinos, carminas, shirts, etc we took a higher volume of orders in 5 days than ever before. Because so many chino purchases came from first-time customers, we received a lot of order modifications after the order was placed. Changes of size, changes of color, change to a different fabric, etc. They came in via email, phone, and PM, so it got really hectic to keep everything organized and fill everyone's order in a timely fashion. So my apologies if this kind of mixup or an unexpected stock-out happened to any SF members out there - it's not typical of us at all. This chino delivery was hotly anticipated, so it got a little crazy.

i think it's great that epaulet is gaining in popularity and attracting new customers. personally, i've had several epaulet orders this year already and matt and mike have both been very helpful and responsive. this includes special orders, pre-orders, combining orders, etc. i can only imagine the volume of emails and PMs they receive on a daily basis.

i'm really looking forward to getting my canvas ducks next week. they look great from all the pics posted so far.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

To NYR and/or anyone else,
Do you find the chinos to stretch at all, in any places, after some wearing? I'm asking because it is cotton after all. In my head, I would expect very minimal stretching (if you sized the pants right and they're not loose on you).
I've only worn my olive Service Pants twice and haven't noticed it.

Like Mike said, they've loosened up a touch on my. Even after the cold wash hang dry shrink, they'll ease up a bit on it after an hour or so (at least my khaki canvas did). I assume the ducks, being a looser weave (right?) canvas will be the same.

I was in Rivets all week at work, yesterday was the heavy weight Japanese cotton (no pics) and today Navy canvas rivets and Natty Chromex belt.
46dfdb47.jpg

f9bafe24.jpg

b15b2751.jpg

A note on the ruggedness of these that makes me love em so much. This year my class sizes went up from 29-39 per class (we basically lost one teaching position on our grade) my room is TIGHT as hell. That chair you see to my left in the pic is an old school chair from my pops old office they were tossing, so I grabbed it for my classroom. Kids climb all over it and the metal piece is peeling off the back and a small nail is sticking out as well. Caught the rivets on it three times today, just some minor damage. If it were a pair of more dainty pants (walts, rudys or my bespoke stuff) it would have torn a gaping, irreparable hole on the pocket seem. The rivets took a lickin and kept on kickin...

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think if I ordered a 36 in the duck canvas chinos, 2 inches wouldn't be too much to get them hemmed in the waist?

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rob,
That color looks awesome. I just got a Pm that an extra box of chinos showed up and had a size 32 for me if I wanted them, but I had to pass until the next shipment. I should have just bit the bullet and got them, but I need to put m deposit down for the cigar LWB and I just put a deposit on a #8 LWB from Leffot.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Should I pull the trigger on the Armor Lux X Beams shirt? I want so bad.

Yes. Armor Lux shirts are great, judging by the one I had and passed along because I foolishly bought a medium instead of a large. Solid,heavy, soft fabric that washes and wears wonderfully. And this is a really sharp version. So there, you go. Order away. I think you are going to love it.

Do you guys think if I ordered a 36 in the duck canvas chinos, 2 inches wouldn't be too much to get them hemmed in the waist?

Without looking at the Web site, is this because 34s are out of stock?

I just had this conversation with my tailor today. Took my two canvas Walts in to be let out a bit in the waist (seems I'm between 34 and 36) and he said that if you size the waist down from a 36 then you'll have more room in the thighs. Which means it all then depends on whether you need that room or like how that room fits. Personally I like how the thigh and the rest of the leg fits in 34, so its a matter of letting them out.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Without looking at the Web site, is this because 34s are out of stock?
I just had this conversation with my tailor today. Took my two canvas Walts in to be let out a bit in the waist (seems I'm between 34 and 36) and he said that if you size the waist down from a 36 then you'll have more room in the thighs. Which means it all then depends on whether you need that room or like how that room fits. Personally I like how the thigh and the rest of the leg fits in 34, so its a matter of letting them out.

All sizes in the caramel ducks are out of stock, I'm pretty sure. But no, it's because I need more room in the thighs, and the 36 chinos look like they fit like 34 Rudys (except 1.5 inches bigger in the waist), which is what I wear.

I'm thinking 1.5 inches shouldn't be a big deal to take in.

Last edited:

ThomSquared

Reaction score
Just got the unfortunate news from my tailor that I have to size up 2 in the waist for the duck canvas, size 31 caramel is being returned today, be on the lookout for it.

captainfunk

Reaction score
Grabbed french blues and armor lux shirt in manhattan shop today. Great pieces separately, but together they will be unbeatable (especially with snuff chukkas).

ibitegirls

Reaction score
I'm a size 33 in dockers alpha chinos, so what size should I get the rivet chinos in from epaulet? I'm thinking 32 will be good?
any help would be appreciated. thx
fing02[1].gif
ok got the rivet chinos and size 32 is a bit too tight for me, should have gone with 33
censored.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads