• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can someone also explain the rise measurement? I took the traditional rise measurement, which was about 9 inches. Then I took the "full rise" as they described it and it was about 12 inches. Where does the stated 10.75 inches come from?

just measure from the bottom of the crotch not where the seams meet. it comes out to around 10.75 .

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, all other Epaulet pants are slimmer than the Rudy. I just need a bigger top block, too big of upper thighs.

perhaps just size up on the new rivet chinos and have the waist taken in.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

perhaps just size up on the new rivet chinos and have the waist taken in.

Actually, I think you might be right. If I order a 36 instead of a 34, that gives me enough room for my upper legs... but I'd need the waist brought in like two inches... would be be too much surgery and throw off the balance of the back, I wonder?

Also, I wonder if it would still be possible to get in on the next order of the caramel ducks...

Last edited:

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It comes out to 12 inches.
And the back waistband is level with the front waistband.

i believe that's the issue. i think they naturally have a dip in the front without it being lined up it should measure around the stated measurements.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To NYR and/or anyone else,

Do you find the chinos to stretch at all, in any places, after some wearing? I'm asking because it is cotton after all. In my head, I would expect very minimal stretching (if you sized the pants right and they're not loose on you).

I've only worn my olive Service Pants twice and haven't noticed it.

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Epaulet,

Is there any chance the Epaulet Cigar Shell Officer's Indy boot will be making a reappearance anytime soon?

jthan09

Reaction score
When is the deadline for a special order for the next delivery of the double monks? I PMed Matt about this, but I read earlier that he was swamped with PMs, so I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't too late for this.

unclesam099

Reaction score
I got my caramel canvas Rivets yesterday, they are awesome! Great color and great fit.

Side note, I have a 44L Brown Houndstooth jacket that I am thinking about selling - not yet altered, has just been in the closet since I got it. I'm getting married in August and could use the cash for a tux. I'd sell at Epaulet cost of jacket plus $50 for custom size, $645. PM me if you'd like more info.

puddin

Reaction score

So I'm a little annoyed with Epaulet. I placed the order on Friday for what was the current chino, then noticed right after that they just replaced them with a new one. I immediately messaged them asking about sizing and whether they could ship the new ones instead. They said yes (on Friday). While continuing to ask about sizing, I had them confirm a few times that they'd ship the new ones... well. They shipped out Monday and I received the old pair. :facepalm:.

Why not just email them about it? I'm sure they'll take care of you.

Cahrin

Reaction score

Why not just email them about it? I'm sure they'll take care of you.

I think posting about a customer service issue is a valid use for the thread. From his post it's pretty apparent that he's likely already emailed them about the issue. I know you weren't outright saying "Don't post customer service issues publicly until you've emailed the vendor directly", but that's the underlying message I get from your post.

Just seems a bit fanboyish to me. If you have have an issue and it gets resolved (which in this case I'm sure it will), that's great. Post a follow up. But as a consumer I'd still like to know that other customers are having issues in the first place, rather than just hearing about it if it doesn't get resolved to their satisfaction.

Just a pet peeve I guess.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Anyone have a handle on how the Inca last fits compared to a Barrie?

Overall, I'd say there's less width and less lateral toe room in the Inca than the Barrie. The Inca toe is pretty rounded despite how it looks, so there's plenty of room in length. I've got the Salinger double monks in shell in 10 UK and Barrie boots and shoes in both 10.5 D and 11 D. The 10 UK has started off tight, but I feel like I'm going to get good wear out of them with thin socks, which is pretty much how Barrie 10.5 D works for me. Barrie 11 is more a comfort size for me, but 10.5 UK wasn't available when I got the monks.

Really, the Carmina construction has felt stiffer overall to me to start with. The soles are firm and the construction tight, so I'm also working through this difference.

I'd suggest picking the Barrie size that gives you a little bit of extra room and go down .5 from that for UK sizing.

Hopefully that helps some.

The Salingers after a light brushing last night:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics