• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last season, I sourced a beautiful Olive Sateen cotton from Japan. This is military reproduction fabric with an incredibly soft hand and smooth finish.

I knew it would make for some boss custom trousers. There was enough for about 10 units, and they sold through quickly.

The first makeups just arrived, and they're even *better* than I anticipated. Huge thanks to everyone who ordered! It's hard to show the real character of cotton twills in photos, but these are really exceptional. I hope that you guys love them!

The trouser models shown are (1) Nico Trouser (2) Walt Trouser (3) Taylor Trouser

Sateen Nico.jpg
Sateen Walt.jpg
Sateen Taylor.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys! Sorry for being MIA... this has been my biggest week of custom tailoring orders since 2019, so it's been dominating most of my time. Huge thanks to everyone who's ordered!

In case you didn't get the email, our 15% off promo is ending for three different categories of fabrics today (Sunday, 2/18). Use the code RTC15 at checkout.

You can get any of our shapes in any of the fabrics. I'm talking suits, sportcoats, trousers, overcoats, Teba jackets, Doyle Chore Coats, and Field Jackets.

If you're unsure of your sizing but you want to get your order in, just make your best guess and write "HOLD FOR SIZING" in the checkout comments. I'll follow up with you next week with a size consultation. As long as we have the order paid and the fabric reserved today, then I can honor this price discount.

unnamed.jpg

VIEW ALL HARRIS TWEED ITEMS

Woven in Scotland, Harris Tweed is one of the most iconic fabrics on Earth. These heavyweight 18oz pure woolens are famous for their warmth, durability, and complexity. Their style is enduring and timeless.

Over the past 15 years, we've sold thousands of Harris Tweed garments. We're thrilled to now offer the most expansive selection of patterns, herringbones, twills, and textures - over 25 fabrics in all!

unnamed (2).jpg

VIEW ALL RACING GREEN CAMEL HAIR ITEMS

Woven in England by Joshua Ellis, this is amongst the finest and most luxurious camel hair in the world. It weighs in at a substantial 20oz weight for incredible warmth and comfort.

This "Racing Green" tone is incredibly rare, and it's absolutely striking in person. It matches flawlessly to khaki, navy, and grey, and it looks great with denim. Pure camel hair of this caliber is crafted from long, unbroken fibers.

It's softer than wool and significantly more durable. Its also naturally pill-resistant. We have 50 yards available, and we can use for all of our custom designs - including trousers! . This promotional pricing is approximately 50% off our MSRP.

unnamed (1).jpg

VIEW ALL HARDY MINNIS NAVY "BALLOON" HOPSACK ITEMS

Woven in England by Hardy Minnis, this stunning pure wool is lightweight, breathable, and crafted with natural stretch.

Often called "Balloon hopsack" due to its airy nature, this super high-twist yarn has a remarkably open weave. It's opaque when you wear it, but hold it up to the light and you'll see its mesh-like structure. It's wrinkle resistant and makes a great travel companion.

The cloth is technically four-season, but works particularly well in warmer temperatures. This promotional pricing is approximately 35% off our MSRP.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Busy day! Here's what's happening:

1) Our Rivet Chino cutting is finalized and going into work tomorrow. We're doing all of the Military Spec cottons (that preorder is closed) and the Natural Stitchwork Sashiko Chinos. The Dyed Stitchwork will chinos will come through with the Kamigatas. I think we can have these all finished right at the end of next week.

2) Speaking of the Stitchwork Kamigatas, I was finally able to get a model shoot going for the samples. Check them out below! The preorder will be open for another week.. until Tues 2/27

Stitchwork Kamigata Navy.jpg
Stitchdown Gunmetal Kamigata4.jpg
Stitchwork Kamigata Navy2.jpg
Stitchwork Sashiko Grey3.jpg
Stitchwork Kamigata Navy3.jpg
Stitchdown Kamigata Grey1.jpg

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
Busy day! Here's what's happening:

1) Our Rivet Chino cutting is finalized and going into work tomorrow. We're doing all of the Military Spec cottons (that preorder is closed) and the Natural Stitchwork Sashiko Chinos. The Dyed Stitchwork will chinos will come through with the Kamigatas. I think we can have these all finished right at the end of next week.

2) Speaking of the Stitchwork Kamigatas, I was finally able to get a model shoot going for the samples. Check them out below! The preorder will be open for another week.. until Tues 2/27

View attachment 2136433 View attachment 2136435 View attachment 2136437 View attachment 2136439 View attachment 2136441 View attachment 2136443
Oh no! I didn’t know the rivet order was closing now. I had a couple pairs in my cart with an outstanding question. I gotta have em! Can I put in order?

plato

Reaction score
Hey, Epaulet people, where have you found higher quality laces for your sneakers when the original laces wear out? Am in need of some to match the ghost horsehide tennis trainers and some to match dark green GATs.

Also, recently Eva delivered to me a killer MTO tweed suit. Can’t speak highly enough about the fit, fabric, and great service. Thanks!

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my first pair of laidback pants (sashiko) last week. The inseam is incredibly long for me. I normally tailor pants to 28.5 or 29" so 36" is something else. I know a lot of people roll the bottom, but 7" of rolling is too heavy and weighs the pants down.

Does anyone have any suggestions to how much extra length to leave to provide a reasonable roll? Also, should I wash first to ensure no additional shrinkage after they are tailored?

Thanks

SpallaPerfetta

Reaction score
I got my first pair of laidback pants (sashiko) last week. The inseam is incredibly long for me. I normally tailor pants to 28.5 or 29" so 36" is something else. I know a lot of people roll the bottom, but 7" of rolling is too heavy and weighs the pants down.

Does anyone have any suggestions to how much extra length to leave to provide a reasonable roll? Also, should I wash first to ensure no additional shrinkage after they are tailored?

Thanks
I got mine hemmed at the tailor. I washed and dried them in the drier and did not notice any shrinkage.

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score

Thanks

I think most Epaulet MTO pants come with an unfinished 36" hem. Per your suggestion, wash and dry (hang dry is always better) tailoring.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey, Epaulet people, where have you found higher quality laces for your sneakers when the original laces wear out? Am in need of some to match the ghost horsehide tennis trainers and some to match dark green GATs.

Also, recently Eva delivered to me a killer MTO tweed suit. Can’t speak highly enough about the fit, fabric, and great service. Thanks!

Aww thanks so much.. I'm so glad that you like the suit! We've got a ton of goods going through RTC right now, I'm really excited to receive the new orders. I'll keep the thread updated with what arrives.

Thanks

Thanks for picking them up!

The Sashiko pants are definitely preshrunk. The dye process is super intense with multiple rounds of hot water and high heat drying. The dyed ones won't get any smaller regardless of what you do.

If you get a natural pair, just do the usual cold wash and either hang dry or tumble dry low. You might get a bit of shrinkage if you really nuke them with hot water or high heat, but otherwise there's no special care needed.

To have a rolled cuff at the bottom, I'd say to leave about 3" more than your typical no-break hem. But a lot of customers tend to get them with a plain finish and slight break.

To that end, the hemming that we offer on preorders has been really popular. With the new Rivet Chinos (arriving in about a week), I'm going to offer $15 hems on stock items as well. It makes the item final sale and adds a short lead time for shipping, but the service will be available for anyone who wants it.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

herzzreh

Reaction score
Sorry about the dirty mirror...

Are there some pattern issues happening? Noticed this on my washable tweed, then went back and looked at the matka silk one I have and it does the same thing. The only one that doesn't do this is my brown tweed with button sleeves from a few years ago.

I tried ironing this out but when you lay it out flat, it seems that there's some excess fabric there.

1000005286.jpg

SpallaPerfetta

Reaction score
Sorry about the dirty mirror...

Are there some pattern issues happening? Noticed this on my washable tweed, then went back and looked at the matka silk one I have and it does the same thing. The only one that doesn't do this is my brown tweed with button sleeves from a few years ago.

I tried ironing this out but when you lay it out flat, it seems that there's some excess fabric there.

View attachment 2141449
I have the exact same issue with a Sinclair I ordered a few months ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads