• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Louys

Reaction score

Gah, I really ought to pick up the anniversary Doyle, but I really like how the navy overdyed one looks and feel I'd get more wear out of it. But... but... 15% off! WHAT TO DO?

If you think that you'll get more wear out of the navy overdye then buy the navy overdye or else you'll just buy it later (albeit for 15% off).

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Gah, I really ought to pick up the anniversary Doyle, but I really like how the navy overdyed one looks and feel I'd get more wear out of it. But... but... 15% off! WHAT TO DO?

They seem like different pieces to me, with the chambray a lighter weight so more a spring into summer piece. In the bay area, I think it would be quite versatile throughout the summer. I like the variation in the fabric and think it will be quite unique with lighter colored pants (light gray, white, chinos), and certainly unique relative to more standard navy jackets/shirs. The denim seems to me a bit heavier though summer in SF might call for it (used to live in the Inner Sunset; nothing like fog and wind in late summer afternoons).

I think it will be easier to find dark navy pieces, so I would say Chambray Doyle. But I see why you are torn: it's a nice deep dye job on that denim.

neutrino

Reaction score
I think this topic was approved for a slight digression by Mike: I remember he was endorsing the Sony RX100. I'm a noob and just looking for a compact camera. There's a deal on Sony NEX-6 + kit lens on Amazon now, I'd love to get a brief on how it compares against the first make of the RX. It looks like the NEX is heavier, bigger, and more advanced overall. If it's correct, I don't know if I need this.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered the Grape Sanded Canvas MTO Walts a few days ago. After seeing the Driggs shots recently posted, I'm pretty psyched to see how they come out.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well it looks like the chambray Doyle is sold out, so your decision might be made for you! (Unless you already pulled the trigger).

eddiemczee

Reaction score
They seem like different pieces to me, with the chambray a lighter weight so more a spring into summer piece. In the bay area, I think it would be quite versatile throughout the summer. I like the variation in the fabric and think it will be quite unique with lighter colored pants (light gray, white, chinos), and certainly unique relative to more standard navy jackets/shirs. The denim seems to me a bit heavier though summer in SF might call for it (used to live in the Inner Sunset; nothing like fog and wind in late summer afternoons).

I think it will be easier to find dark navy pieces, so I would say Chambray Doyle. But I see why you are torn: it's a nice deep dye job on that denim.
This was my thinking exactly. I was pretty set on ordering the Chambray Doyle but when I saw how great the dye job was on the denim one, I second guessed myself. Ended up going with the chambray because it's more unique and would be a better fit for warmer climates (as I plan on wearing it during the Spring/Summer). A good thing I decided too as it is apparently sold out now.

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got a pair of these this week but I haven't worn them yet. I like the cuffs, although I'm leaning toward no cuffs for mine. Cuffed pants just collect dog hair around my house.
Yeah, I haven't decided what to do here, these are just flipped up at the point where the extra material ends on the inside (which happens to by my exact inseam). The material is stiff enough that I can actually flip them the other way (inside) for a no-cuff look.

Do most people roll their ducks, or get them professionally hemmed/cuffed?

buckeye00

Reaction score
I agree with your comments here. I was about to ask for a refund on the chambray doyle once I saw the overdyed doyle, but then I saw it sold out. If the overdye job on the doyle is the same as that lbm piece, I'll use my 15% off on the lbm overdye.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carmina x Epaulet string loafers again. It's amazing that I could get him to sit still for a pic haha.
uju6unyb.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Ordered the Grape Sanded Canvas MTO Walts a few days ago.  After seeing the Driggs shots recently posted, I'm pretty psyched to see how they come out.

Thank you sir! It's a killer color - I think that you'll really dig it.

I think this topic was approved for a slight digression by Mike: I remember he was endorsing the Sony RX100. I'm a noob and just looking for a compact camera. There's a deal on Sony NEX-6 + kit lens on Amazon now, I'd love to get a brief on how it compares against the first make of the RX. It looks like the NEX is heavier, bigger, and more advanced overall. If it's correct, I don't know if I need this.

Yup, I've had both cameras.

I would absolutely advise the RX100 over the NEX-6. The NEX is pretty good, but that kit lens is kind of shite, so you'd have to buy more glass to get truly good photos out of it. The RX100 has a great lens and is a way more portable and comfortable camera to use. I easily get 10x the amount of use out of it.

And I'm not sure what your budget is, but if you're willing to spend more, then I'd completely recommend the Sony RX1. It's full frame with an INCREDIBLE lens. Very small and portable body. It's my favorite digital camera of all time, and I'd rate it for image quality and usability over both the Canon 6D and the Leica M.

I just noticed those Petrol Blue Walts on the Epaulet site the other day, only a matter of time before I order a pair. So much great new stuff lately! I just ordered the Black Overdye Doyle and Grape Canvas Driggs (my first pair of Driggs).

Thank you sir! Those will look great together. We were really jazzed on how the OD Doyles came out.

Is it possible the LBM swatches might be ready and the LBM jackets might be available for MTO soon? :D

Yup, I have all of the swatches in hand and they look amazing. Huge amount of stuff to choose from. We'll definitely have that online next week. Turnaround time for production in Italy is about 4 weeks.

Mike - I'm looking for a classic dark navy pair of Driggs. Between then basic khaki twill English sanded canvas, which would you recommend?

Navy "Khaki" is going to be a darker tone than English Sanded Canvas. The Sanded Canvas is a lot more blue, but it's still classic and can be conservative IMO.

Between the two, I'd recommend the Sanded Canvas. I find it to be really comfortable, and it makes up brilliantly in the Driggs fit.

Mike - Will the dye used for the Doyle transfer/bleed on to lighter-colored shirts? Or does the overdye process prevent this?

It shouldn't, as these are professionally overdyed and rinsed several times after the dye bath. That said, deep indigo and black tones can transfer a bit in an extreme situation, like a crazy rainstorm. This can even happen with regular indigo Levis.

if you're concerned, just put it through another wash before wearing. You should be good to go.

A snuff suede Alt Wien would be awesome. Are all of these already spoken for or are there going to be some available in 7.5D (assuming these are Barrie)?

Agreed - I'm looking forward to this! Not sure when it's going to arrive, but we should have a 7.5D Barrie.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well it looks like the chambray Doyle is sold out, so your decision might be made for you! (Unless you already pulled the trigger).

That didn't take long.

I'm glad I got in on that. I had been debating the Doyle when it first came out but this chambray sealed the deal for me (and the discount on a future purchase was a nice added bonus).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads