• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I believe Mike said a while ago that the 15% discount would apply to sale items.

I tried looking for the original announcement but I couldn't find it, but you might be right. If so, I wonder if I can get that 15% off on the Carminas I got along with the Vass order. I should have just placed everything in one order along with my Rudy order, but I was going to wait for the coupon before I bought anything else. Not sure how that will work yet.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i-got-you.jpg

Haha, I know where to go on the off chance these don't fit

neutrino

Reaction score
And as a special incentive, if you purchase a pair of VASS MTO shoes during this event, you may take 15% off any other items bought at the same time (which includes sale merchandise but does not include special order/made to order merchandise).

thirdman

Reaction score

elwood49

Reaction score
Did you guys receive shipping notices on jackets coming directly from Southwick? I'm still waiting for my baby camel MTO that I ordered on the first day it was available, and I've seen some in hand pics of them already in this thread.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Autumn rivets just arrived....whoa!

Need the waist taken in quite a bit as I sized up but awesome material on these.

Do you guys get your pants altered I'm waist and length before Dry (or wet) cleaning? I'm debating going straight to my tailor tomorrow but worry about shrinkage from dry cleaning after I've altered.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Autumn rivets just arrived....whoa!

Need the waist taken in quite a bit as I sized up but awesome material on these.

Do you guys get your pants altered I'm waist and length before Dry (or wet) cleaning? I'm debating going straight to my tailor tomorrow but worry about shrinkage from dry cleaning after I've altered.

From my experience nothing shrinks when dry cleaning. I made it a habit of altering afterward all the time however. Wouldn't want to risk such high priced items.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've had the same experience. I'll stick to my usual way and dry clean after just to be safe.

I'm just anxious to rock these but a couple of weeks won't kill me.

From my experience nothing shrinks when dry cleaning. I made it a habit of altering afterward all the time however. Wouldn't want to risk such high priced items.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here you are:

You are correct sir. I just got refunded 15% for the Carmina purchase, plus another 15% code to use for a one-time purchase. I think I need to take full advantage of this and really stock up. Might be time to finally try one of the polos :)

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, just posted this about the VASS 15% deal....

BTW, I neglected to mention the 15% Discount offer here. We originally offered this during the MTO event two weeks ago and I said that it would apply to this first batch of group buy items as well. We now have the ability to assign personal discount codes through our site.

So, if you order a Group Buy shoe from this first batch of three styles, you'll be emailed a single use code for 15% off your next order with us. It applies to everything EXCEPT Vass shoes. It can apply to sale merchandise. The code is good for 30 days after its issued.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Did you guys receive shipping notices on jackets coming directly from Southwick? I'm still waiting for my baby camel MTO that I ordered on the first day it was available, and I've seen some in hand pics of them already in this thread.

Unfortunately Southwick presently doesn't have a way to notify customers before they ship, but feel free to email us with your order details and we can find out what the status is.

Anybody ever have an item be deemed "undeliverable" by USPS? I have! Looks like my rivets won't be coming anytime soon

Ah man, that stinks! We should be able to sort that out for you - please drop us an email with your order info.

so if I'm a barrie 11E, Vass F-Last 44.5 wide?

Yes, I would advise that. It's not an exact science, but we tested out that fit formula with our staff and a bunch of in-store customers in both NYC and CA. It's worked very well so far.

Damn, I think I'm too fat for the Bartlett.

The Mulberry is a really snug fit across the shoulders and chest.

So, it's weird - the Mulberry definitely measures larger than the Bartlett, but the fit is pretty similar. It's most likely do the angled front zip and a deeper/higher rear gussett at the back. I wear a Large in the Wyatt, Mulberry, and Bartlett, and the fit is very similar in all three of them. We worked to have as much consistency as possible between the three shapes.

Finally pulled the trigger on the Carmina double-monks on sale after lusting after it for a long time. I think a leather version would be better with denim, but the snuff suede will do for now. You guys think the double-monk shape will be a classic for years to come and how long will these suede shoes last me with proper care. I got the Tarrango protector as well.

Thank you sir! The Double Monk is definitely here to stay for a while. The original trendy bros who were constantly championing have moved on to other things, so we can all just appreciate them as a comfortable and classic style. You'll love the suede ones with denim. I'd actually say that they look cooler with it than the smooth leather ones.

Trying to decide between U Cap and DM. I think U Cap is winning...design is insane.

I have the same dilemma. (And no, the correct answer is not "buy both.") The monk is more versatile, but the U-Cap is more "special." Question for the peanut gallery: Would you wear the U-Cap with an odd jacket and trousers, or just with a suit?

The U-Cap is going to be a somewhat dressier style, but they're both similar in terms of versatility. You can absolutely wear both with trousers and an odd jacket. They would look great with any kind of trousers IMO as long as the color works.

Many of our shoe customers are also into high end denim and we seem them pair fairly dressy shoes with selvedge jeans all of the time. Our friend Stephen Taffel at Leffot wears this combo all of the time. I think that many of us are a little gun-shy about dress shoes and jeans but a great pair of shoes with a tapered & clean pair of jeans can look great.

If you like the idea of the U-Cap, then go for that IMO. That twisted arc is really cool - it grabbed us in the factory from 50 feet away. I've never seen anything quite like it, and it's going to be glorious in that dark brown museum calf.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Which trousers do you gentlemen prefer for a conservative business dress work environment? I like to wear odd jackets with trousers. I don't have to be in a tie ever unless it is a formal occasion or my firm is hosting an event.

edit:
What are peoples experience with the walt trousers in canvas versus wool? Canvas looks robust and the rise seems high enough to tuck in shirts.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads