• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aldenwear

Reaction score
I have the same dilemma. (And no, the correct answer is not "buy both.") The monk is more versatile, but the U-Cap is more "special." Question for the peanut gallery: Would you wear the U-Cap with an odd jacket and trousers, or just with a suit?

That u-cap is a great looking shoe. You could wear the u cap with sport coat and trousers. I would think it might look odd with more casual pants like corduroy. But wool or linen pants, even dressy cotton ones, with a coat or coat-like sweater would look fantastic.

Personally, I wish there was a different color leather planned fr the U-cap. My dress clothes are greys, blues and blacks. I don't use a lot of olives or browns in these clothes, making brown dress shoes difficult to use. I do have one pair of tan trousers so maybe I do have a serious unmet need for this MTO.

Couldn't that U-cap be offered in an oxblood calf or cordovan? Or . . . . .. grey leather?

Last edited:

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And the 15% discount offer still stands. Anyone who buys into one of these group buys will receive a personalized, non-transferable discount code for 15% off their next purchase.

How long is the code good for?

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ryosuke

Reaction score
Finally pulled the trigger on the Carmina double-monks on sale after lusting after it for a long time. I think a leather version would be better with denim, but the snuff suede will do for now. You guys think the double-monk shape will be a classic for years to come and how long will these suede shoes last me with proper care. I got the Tarrango protector as well.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just doubled up on popping my double monk cherry all at once. Picked up the snuff suede Carmina on sale....I had been eyeing those for a while and couldn't pass them up at the sale price. I tried on an 11.5UK once a while back but they were a little too big. Here's hoping the 11UK fits. If not, keep an eye out here because I'd be sure to flip them to another Epaulet fan.

Also got in on the Vass group MTO gold museum calf order. Based on all my readings of Vass sizing (literally hours worth of research), I decided on size 45.5 with a narrow fitting. Two big gambles on sizing, so I'll cross my fingers that I got it right this time.

As soon as I get my 15% off coupon, I'll place my winter Rudy order for a couple of the UK tweeds. And that 15% off does not count towards sale items right? Just wanted to double check incase I could have gotten an extra 15% off the Carmina DMs

Last edited:

kumizi

Reaction score
Damn, I think I'm too fat for the Bartlett.

The Mulberry is a really snug fit across the shoulders and chest.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just doubled up on popping my double monk cherry all at once. Picked up the snuff suede Carmina on sale....I had been eyeing those for a while and couldn't pass them up at the sale price. I tried on an 11.5UK once a while back but they were a little too big. Here's hoping the 11UK fits. If not, keep an eye out here because I'd be sure to flip them to another Epaulet fan.

Also got in on the Vass group MTO gold museum calf order. Based on all my readings of Vass sizing (literally hours worth of research), I decided on size 45.5 with a narrow fitting. Two big gambles on sizing, so I'll cross my fingers that I got it right this time.

As soon as I get my 15% off coupon, I'll place my winter Rudy order for a couple of the UK tweeds. And that 15% off does not count towards sale items right? Just wanted to double check incase I could have gotten an extra 15% off the Carmina DMs
Sounds awesome! I'm jealous of those picking up the Carmina suede dub monks. I'm leaning towards jumping on the Vass MTO gold calf dub monk as well, but I'm still debating between that one and the others, including the Vass cognac scotchgrain that hit a week or so ago (would do an individual order for that one).

Regarding the 15% discount: I don't think it applies to sale items, but I'm not positive. I placed an order the other day for a few of the new Walt tweeds (sandy orange and olive tree) and flannels (nightshade). Can't wait to get them!

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe Mike said a while ago that the 15% discount would apply to sale items.

neutrino

Reaction score
Thanks to whoever grabbed the suede DM in 9.5, I was tentatively considering them. Maybe the long-sleeve popover.. My blue point collar pinpoint doesn't get too much wear though. But what I'm going to grab is what seems like the last taupe heavyweight twill rivets in 31 (hope it's not a glitch since they've been there for quite a while).

thirdman

Reaction score
FF jacket just arrived. It's a terrible photo, I might try to take a better one later (although the colours are pretty close, including the unfortunate yellow of the wall).

If the Southwick cuts work for you the FF jackets are a pretty amazing deal. Now I'm just looking forward to the next round...

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i-got-you.jpg

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

so if I'm a barrie 11E, Vass F-Last 44.5 wide?

I wear 11D Alden Barrie and have both 44.5G (wide) and 45F (medium) in New Peter last. G (wide) width in New Peter has plenty of length for me and is very comfortable in the width. So you may be guessing right for F last, which I have not yet tried myself.

FF jacket just arrived. It's a terrible photo, I might try to take a better one later (although the colours are pretty close, including the unfortunate yellow of the wall).

If the Southwick cuts work for you the FF jackets are a pretty amazing deal. Now I'm just looking forward to the next round...

Looks great. What's the fabric you chose?

zielschuss

Reaction score

Is that the exploded rust check? Looked a lot more orange in the fabric swatch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads