• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are all your DBs bespoke? I really like the lengths of your DBs, I find a lot of DBs seem to be much longer.
Wow, I love the silhouette of this. The metal buttons, cuff and ticket pocket are a bit too fussy for my liking but I'd love a navy blazer in this cut. Shows that us skinny guys can pull of the db style.

Thanks. Both are these are from Dream Bespoke in Hong Kong, which I'm very happy with. One I posted previously is from Simpson Sin, which I don't prefer now but I think was still a good lower end tailor. I just didn't know as much what I wanted at that time. By the way I am using smoky MoP buttons here not metal.

SwedishFish

Reaction score

Thanks. Both are these are from Dream Bespoke in Hong Kong, which I'm very happy with. One I posted previously is from Simpson Sin, which I don't prefer now but I think was still a good lower end tailor. I just didn't know as much what I wanted at that time. By the way I am using smoky MoP buttons here not metal.

Ah, yes, I can see it now. I got so inspired by your pic that I actually ordered a db blazer (albeit in a hopefully muted navy plaid). It's a style I have been looking at for so long but I don't have the athletic frame as in most good-looking db pics I have seen. I really hope the jacket fits and that I can pull it off!

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before SF I didn't really like them, they seemed old fashioned, but I have since then seen so many excellent pictures and fits with them I've been inspired to try them, and I'm glad I am doing the same for you. Good luck with your blazer.

SwedishFish

Reaction score

Before SF I didn't really like them, they seemed old fashioned, but I have since then seen so many excellent pictures and fits with them I've been inspired to try them, and I'm glad I am doing the same for you. Good luck with your blazer.

Thanks! If all goes well I might post a picture. I was shopping in Bicester Village yesterday for some basics and I saw a guy wearing one, which just confirmed to me that I made the right decision to place an order. I wish I could have tried one one first, but where I am located they just don't carry db styles. If you know of any good places in London, please do let me know as I might go there for various errands in the weeks ahead.

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It depends on your price range I am sure there are bespoke options in the UK, and Steed does a cheaper MTM service, though it's a bit expensive. Ede and Ravenscroft does some RTW, and Gieves and Hawkes RTW has been decent in my experience too. Brooks Brothers has shops here too of course but I don't personally like their styles as much.

SwedishFish

Reaction score

It depends on your price range I am sure there are bespoke options in the UK, and Steed does a cheaper MTM service, though it's a bit expensive. Ede and Ravenscroft does some RTW, and Gieves and Hawkes RTW has been decent in my experience too. Brooks Brothers has shops here too of course but I don't personally like their styles as much.

Depressingly enough, Ede and Ravenscroft is the only option in my town, butI boycott it due to past negative experiences. Unfortunately, my tastes are too expensive for my wallet, but I generally prefer to buy high end stuff on sale or save up for what I want rather than buying 'compromise' garments. The db jacket I ordered is from Hardy Amies. I have no experience of that brand but I have seen stuff from them in the past which I really liked so here's hoping it will be a match made in sartorial heaven.

Lately I've been quite stuck in a RLBL and RLPL bubble as that is what I can usually find at good discounts (plus I know my fits etc which makes it easy to order online), but I have been wanting to break out of that bubble for a while now, and maybe this is where it all starts... :)

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe Gieves and Hawkes has a store at the Bicester Village and I thought the selection was decent. I would imagine they have some DB jackets there but I'm not sure. They have an online section here as well: http://www.gievesandhawkes.com/tailoring/tailoring.html and you might find some sales. A jacket I was inspired by was posted by Claghorn and I believe he got it from Huntsman ready to wear, so maybe you can look there too (http://www.h-huntsman.com/tailoring/) though they seem to be quite expensive.

I should note also that the bespoke jackets I got only cost me about 350-450 GBP each with CMT, so it's actually quite cheap, but of course I had to go to Hong Kong to get it made. Some do offer overseas service but those are somewhat more risky of course.

SwedishFish

Reaction score
Yes, there is a Gieves and Hawkes in Bicester. But to be honest, in my size 36-38R, 30-31w, there is never much to be found in Bicester in terms of fine tailoring. The two Bicester outlets where I occasionally get lucky are Ralph Lauren and Burberry, which coincidentally are also the biggest stores there. Yesterday I found a black shawl collar RLBL dinner jacket in 36R, which just never happens. I almost bought it, but I have no need for one right now. Also found a RLBL suit in 36R, in the exact same model I already own (a solid light grey for £350 if someone is interested in making a Bicester trip)... Nothing double-breasted though although I have seen RRL and RLBL double breasted suits and jackets in bigger sizes in the outlet in the past. I also went to the Brooks Brothers outlet there which is a joke.

Probably the best value of anything I saw during the trip was a £250 Coach briefcase (no loud logos or other distracting details). I am sure it was in their made for outlet collection, but the styling and leather quality seemed on par with, if not better, than the more than twice as expensive Mulberry briefcase across the faux street. Sorry for the OT.

SwedishFish

Reaction score
Here's the db blazer I ordered. Don't mind the other clothes as I tried on the jacket with the clothes I wore to work yesterday. The image quality is poor, because this is actually a screencap from a video shot on an ipad. Alas, I do not have a nice camera, or a nice, bright room for that matter. For £250 I am happy with it. I think it fits well, and lengthwise it hits the mark for me.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Belvest,wow!!
Italy often is more British that Britain!

Touche! However, the Italians still put belt loops on suit trousers unless tabs/plain are specifically requested. Though I agree that Belvest is among the most English-looking cuts around (particularly given the 8in drop many have).

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

carpu65

Reaction score
Touche! However, the Italians still put belt loops on suit trousers unless tabs/plain are specifically requested. Though I agree that Belvest is among the most English-looking cuts around (particularly given the 8in drop many have).
Ah,is terrible!
Find a daks tabs trousers in Italy is almost impossible.
I have request to my tailor (that is a excellent tailor) and he said me that have never make.
In a better world a British-Italian tailor council for share information and train together the new generations of tailors would be a great resource.
"United we stand".

carpu65

Reaction score

Are Excellent!
wow.gif

Leave the garish 70s patterns (that would go crazy Gianni Cerruti
biggrin.gif
),but if you put these pictures in a forum and said that the first suit is from some Neapolitan tailor and the second is a Cifonelli...well many believe you!
And are ( well..were
confused.gif
) American ready to wear suits !

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads