• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First fitting of the burgundy DB jacket I talked about earlier:

Asked to have the lapel wider (as pinned on the left one) and button stance made slightly wider and lower (chalk marks), gorge lower. Thoughts?

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah literally all the suits I wear start like that first fitting. It'll hopefully be fixed by the end. :S Don't know what's wrong, haven't been able to find a tailor that completely fixes it, I wonder if it's the high drop?

OTM

Reaction score
See!? I told you it would be great!

The back issues stem from the shoulders, yeh?

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe so, every tailor I've worked with has had some trouble with it. I also think my stance, quite erect, makes it hard, especially as I like waist suppression. I think it looks okay from the front at least.

I think the color looks just fine, fwiw. Don't regret that part really.

OTCtailor

Reaction score
Shoulders are way too wide and not sloped enough. Back is too long. It is falling down off the backs of your shoulders (thus the pinning) and the whole back balance is contacting your hips. It is typical of the erect posture to have this happen. I fix this all the time....with MTM.

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, can I have some opinions specifically on the lapels and roping please? What do you think of the width and shape/angle? How can I get it to be more angled as opposed to horizontal? Lower gorge?

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Hi, can I have some opinions specifically on the lapels and roping please? What do you think of the width and shape/angle? How can I get it to be more angled as opposed to horizontal? Lower gorge?
I would worry more about that buckling right above the button. It probably has something to do with your dropped shoulder, so it might be kind of inevitable in some respects, but I would ask if that's something that can be improved.

Last edited:

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll have a look at it. I am hoping it's because the button hasn't been set in properly and it wasn't pinned perfectly. If I recall correctly the tailor did take in length from below the armhole so it should match up okay at the quarters.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You're talking about the next jacket, right? Because this one is almost completely baked. Doesn't look at all bad, BTW, even if one might prefer small changes of the kind you're talking about.

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah yeah, I'm pretty happy with it as it is. I might get more from this tailor in the future as I enjoy working with him and price is reasonable, so I want to see if there are changes I should look out for in the future as these two were my first db jacket with him. Just wanted to get them made before I leave HK, don't get that many chances after all.

Last edited:

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Yeah yeah, I'm pretty happy with it as it is. I might get more from this tailor in the future as I enjoy working with him and price is reasonable, so I want to see if there are changes I should look out for in the future as these two were my first db jacket with him. Just wanted to get them made before I leave HK, don't get that many chances after all.

It might be just me, or the fact that I'm looking at a still photo instead of a moving person, but I think the horizontal line of the lapels accentuates your dropped shoulder. Especially combined with the horizontal line of the skirt on a DB jacket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads