• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim Therapy Review 2014

andruszko

Reaction score
Now, I know in the past a few people have used DT with varying results over the years. However as we all know, quality of service (and quality of goods) can change over time. Note I have already emailed the company and am waiting for a response on my issues...I'll update with their response when I post pics later.
Disclaimer: I'm not much of a snob about my jeans. Okay maybe when it comes to new pairs, but with used I believe my views should reflect those of the most easy-going denim wearers...so don't think for a second I'm being overly picky.

Firstly: DT used to stitch in new fabric, and from what I've seen there were some very nice repairs done by them. This does not appear to be the case anymore, as it appears to rather be a thin patch with fabric stitched in just as you'd see at any tailor you went to for 1/4 of the price.

1. Diesel Zatiny Jeans: Thin crotch area, and a 1"x1" hole on each upper thigh. The upper thigh repairs are fairly noticeable, but with the wash that was to be expected...I wish the stitch itself blended in a little better but overall I'm fairly pleased with the results (even at $40.)

2. Guess Premium Jeans (don't knock on em, I've worn them close to 300 times, they were a limited run by Guess and tbh held up even better than my Diesels. They still look new.) Aside from a re-size because the fabric stretched and I like a little bit slimmer fit these jeans were essentially perfect. So for $70 I had them re-sized according to the Diesel pair noted above. A fairly high price for a denim resizing (especially after shipping and waiting 2 months...) I digress. The right side came out perfect. The left side...well, the upper thigh is 2" larger than the right, the knee is a little over 1" larger than the right, the leg opening is 1" wider and the seam is uneven and loosely stitched with threads showing all over the place. Extremely disappointed. My tailor could've charged half the price (after shipping fees are taken into account) and I would've had them back in a week instead of waiting months.

3. Diesel Viker Jeans: These had a fair sized rip in the knee. Probably around 4" long. The repair estimate was $44 (yes, their pricing on their website does not in fact seem to line up with any of their actual estimates...) and I decided I might as well have it done anyways, seeing as the pair was already there. I turned down reinforcement of the other knee for $44...this was a cheap pair and I don't mind using a thin iron-on patch on the inside to keep them from tearing. The stitching is horrendous. Between the off color thread and the sheen it gives off, not to mention with all the weight it hardly rests evenly on the knee...my god I believe a blind man could see it clearly.

I'm still waiting on a response from them, but so far I'm very much displeased. Also, they didn't even know they'd gotten my jeans in. 10 days after I shipped them I got an email reminding me to ship my jeans, and went through a whole fiaso for a week worrying about my package being lost! Only to finally get an email with repair estimates. Just an unnecessary headache. Will get back to you with a review on the second part of their customer service shortly...

Edit: I did receive a call within a few hours, and when I am home from work will be sending them a picture of the Viker Jeans. The Guess jeans obviously don't require a picture but they did say they could correct them, and fortunately will be sending a shipping label so I don't have to pay shipping again. I'll take pictures of the Viker jeans in different light and from different angles for a full perspective, if they agree with me they'll include the Vikers in the label too and try another method or thread on them. Sounds fair to me...so the verdict's still out! Please feel free to share any experiences you may have had with DT as well. I'd like for people looking to repair their jeans to be able to find unbiased, honest reviews.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads