• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Replacing/upgrading favourite corduroys

montgn

Reaction score
Thank you for all the great suggestions, including lots of brands I’ve never even heard of so I’m excited to look into them.

I’m familiar with Brisbane Moss, they seem to come highly recommended. I actually live only about 40 miles from their mill, and definitely like the idea of supporting local textile manufacturers.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Zegna Cashco bunch has a wonderful selection of corduroys. While the cut-length price of the fabric is quite expensive, rendering the price of such trousers / jackets prohibitive at most tailors, SuitSupply seem to have a wool-biased pricing that makes the cotton/cashmere blend palatable.

Fabric

Garment

On a related note, SuitSupply also use Brisbane Moss

michaelvl

Reaction score
I really like a slightly tapered pair of Classic Cut Polo Ralph Lauren cords.

I really hate the modern slim fit cords that most brands (including RL) are currently offering and have been offering the last 5 years, especially the ones with sub 18.5CM leg openings. I like my leg opening to be around 20.5 CM.

The classic cut Polo RL Cords can be often found for around 50US$ new in tags on eBay. The factory leg openings on these are around 22CM in my size (W32). I often purchase them and have them slightly tapered from the knee down to my exact desires, I also remove the Polo label on the back pocket with a surgical knife. These Polo cords get more wear and love then cords from other brands, even more than some that cost me more than 8 times as much.

The cloth is great, they are well made and I love the design and fit.

Last edited:

jdgershbein

Reaction score
I used to have negative associations with corduroy. As a kid, my mom would buy a few pairs for me to wear to school on non-blue jean days. I didn't like the feel of them, and they whooshed when I walked.

That was then.

Corduroy has come on strong for me during the past few cold seasons. I have invested in a few high-end pieces, including a tailored mocha Zegna sports jacket (like buttah!), a Tintoria Mattei overshirt, and a fantastic pair of thin wales from 34 Heritage that have busted my childhood stigma for the fabric. All's well that wears well.

reidrothchild

Reaction score
Seconding Todd Snyder’s cords. I got a pair in their relaxed fit, which is about the only pair of high-ish rise 5-pockets on the market, as far as I have found. 2% elastane, super soft, and drape well. I got all 4 colors and have been wearing them pretty much every day this winter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads