• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Enjoy Wearing This Year?

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The first thing that I didn’t imagine I’d love as much as I did were these Naissance rose velour shorts, which ended up getting even more wear this summer because of the pandemic.

1609458497530.jpeg

I’m with @smittycl regarding the Ikiji polo.
1609458595924.jpeg

This KS black waffle crewneck and my first traveler get a lot of wear both inside and outside respectivl
1609458728169.jpeg

And lastly, this Document fleece jacket that has been on me during many quick errands.
1609458793093.jpeg

Ed13

Reaction score
Started dressing more casual end of last year and with Covid this year switched from CM to streetwear 90% of the time. Favourite items are a Real McCoy 30s Sports Jacket and mid year got a Real McCoy Buco J-24. Basically wore Levi 501s, casual shirts, sneakers and boots. Same clothes as when I was in school but upgraded a jean jacket for leathers.

MythReindeer

Reaction score
Nice thread! Early in the year, I snagged one of these silly Rowing Blazers shirts off eBay. It's maybe a touch big on me, making it quite cozy and so a fun thing to wear around the house:

web_rugby_skull_m_1600x.jpg

And a pair of pleated navy corduroys from Unis. Too long in the inseam, not especially flattering, but another comfort as I wander around my apartment.

KamoteJoe

Farmer Diva
Reaction score
Here are my personal favorite purchases of 2020 that were the most heavily worn. I'll start off with these Needles x Troentorp Clogs as my number one favorite, I reached for them all the time and was surprised with how versatile they were.

X7t7kgY.jpg

Early in quarantine I purchased these barely used Kapital Navy Supply side zip boots off Rakuten for a steal. My original inspiration to look for one came around 2017 when I happened upon @dieworkwear's article on his favorite casual shoes. My boot rotation consists mostly of Engineer boots for motorcycle riding and these filled a need for something slightly more sleek with the same workwear energy. They're surprisingly breathable even when worn in warmer weather

zkkdL8U.jpg

In keeping with climate friendly purchases, I purchased this vintage towel jacket from one of my favorite up-and-coming designers: Dashiel Brahmann. I throw it on most days in LA - it's a perfect outer layer over a tank top or tee. His attention to detail in his pattern matching and fabric selection are why I continue to keep an eye on his brand. If you like Bode then I suggest checking him out

VIJYrPa.jpg

I also found my 2020 white whale which was the drunk stripe coverall from Kapital. It was a must-have when they released the first images of the AW20 collection though it sold out instantly. This sits in a special slot of my wardrobe with my Boa Fleece Rider jacket as it captures the essence of Kapital perfectly

QIW4PnF.jpg

Last two I wanted to share are the Needles Star Cardigan and Narrow Track pants. I lived in these track pants for a vast majority of the year. They're worth the hype and you should consider getting a pair because comfy and can be worn in all kinds of outfits. I've worn them with sneakers, paraboots, clogs, and sandals and I'll never tire of them. I'll probably pick up another pair in a different colorway. While I'm suffering from recency bias, I didn't know how much I'd been missing out on the Needles mohair cardigan life. They're incredibly soft and fun to layer with. It gets lots of compliments!

Nip0MVr.jpg

Oh jeez how could I forget my Wesco Engineer Boots! I wear these everyday when I ride and I love that they've accompanied me on all my motorcycle trips in 2020.

XklNNuv.jpg

Happy New Year SFers, here's to more responsible and irresponsible clothing purchases in 2021

Last edited:

Nbarbar

Reaction score
18 East
Came into its own at a great time when I finally realized I was done with CM and trying to dress “like and adult”

JMM
Only have two for now but every time I hold them, put them one and see myself in them I love them.

Flares
Got some blue from LVC and some black from Lemaire and I pretty much ignore anything that suggests taper now

Short sleeves shirts
Avoided them for years because I readily some dump article about how they make you look shorter. May be true but who cares.
Faves from 18 East, Wacko Maria and EG

Black
Thought it was boring for years then seeing great posts on WAYWT and reading @dieworkwear article on it made me dip my feet. The aforementioned Lemaire flares, a Uniqlo trucker and some cons are my favorite pieces to spice up an outfit with black.

White footwear
Avoided white sneakers and such for the opposite reason of why I avoided black. Thought it stood out too much. Now I realize that’s what’s great about it. Love my EG vans. White boots are next up. No picture

Tank tops
They go well with 70s shirts and flares . No picture

Eidos/Vanson Double Rider/Lancer/Whatever you call it in your country
It’s a beautiful piece of denim armor and prevents me from getting a leather DR

Visvim Brigadiers
I have them and love them and still have pictures of other peoples on my phone. Just perfectly shaped boots for me

View attachment 1526844
View attachment 1526846 View attachment 1526848 View attachment 1526850
That Eidos jacket has to be one of my top three misses. I still regret not buying that. Looks great on you.

Daniel Hakimi

Reaction score
The winner is definitely this GBV shirt -- I've wanted it for a while. It fits just how I want it to fit (maybe a hair longer), the exact shades are just right, there are two different stripe patterns so it's not too boring... And it's insanely light. Like, the lightest thing in my closet.
pUpF9ie.jpg

Honorable Mention #1: Suitsupply silk scarf. I know white silk is normally black tie specific, but I'm going to try experimenting with it. Helped me finally pull my silk scarf article together.

ncmUFfj.jpg

Honorable Mention #2 -- this Rubinacci madder from LuxeSwap. I almost think of these ties as collectibles; I enjoy looking at and feeling the silk, even if I can't wear them often. The colors are super trippy and it's 4.25" wide, so... This was a find. Also, it was dirt cheap because... luxeswap.

FhuG2zc.jpg

Honorable mention #3 -- also from luxeswap. Itchy, but... I like the fit, and a super chunky knit is just nice to have. Also, you know, cheap as hell.

dyBJCSe.jpg

Finally, I got a few free items for my blog. The Twillory underwear and Asket tee / oxford would be on this list, but the list is long enough so you don't have to worry about me shilling.

Nbarbar

Reaction score
The winner is definitely this GBV shirt -- I've wanted it for a while. It fits just how I want it to fit (maybe a hair longer), the exact shades are just right, there are two different stripe patterns so it's not too boring... And it's insanely light. Like, the lightest thing in my closet.
pUpF9ie.jpg

Honorable Mention #1: Suitsupply silk scarf. I know white silk is normally black tie specific, but I'm going to try experimenting with it. Helped me finally pull my silk scarf article together.

ncmUFfj.jpg

Honorable Mention #2 -- this Rubinacci madder from LuxeSwap. I almost think of these ties as collectibles; I enjoy looking at and feeling the silk, even if I can't wear them often. The colors are super trippy and it's 4.25" wide, so... This was a find. Also, it was dirt cheap because... luxeswap.

FhuG2zc.jpg

Honorable mention #3 -- also from luxeswap. Itchy, but... I like the fit, and a super chunky knit is just nice to have. Also, you know, cheap as hell.

dyBJCSe.jpg

Finally, I got a few free items for my blog. The Twillory underwear and Asket tee / oxford would be on this list, but the list is long enough so you don't have to worry about me shilling.
What is the sweater? Great colour.

Racing Green

Reaction score
Loving this thread. One thing I forgot despite the fact it’s become my go to outerwear for the park and the odd hike is this vintage LL Bean MIUSA down filled vest. $20 on eBay.

7311BEDA-9422-411A-A46A-8799646C6715.jpeg
0A426CF2-2513-44B5-AD1A-91A600FBDC4C.jpeg
w

Waldo Jeffers

Reaction score
Loving this thread. One thing I forgot despite the fact it’s become my go to outerwear for the park and the odd hike is this vintage LL Bean MIUSA down filled vest. $20 on eBay.

View attachment 1527944 View attachment 1527945 w

great find

my dad has that exact same vest—has been wearing it for probably 45 yrs

I wish LLBean would start making those exactly the same again

it is surprisingly hard to find a plain color down vest with no branding in a non shiny fabric

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads