• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CEGO "Do Not Starch" Internet MTM program

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The site:
http://ziddles.net/soup

We have put together a small pilot program to allow for online ordering of custom shirts. For those of you not familiar with CEGO, CEGO has been offering custom men's dress shirts out of manhattan for over 25 years.

The shirts will be made by the same people to the same quality standards as the ones our made-to-measure customers receive. All of the shirts are made here in the USA.

I have tried to keep the process simple and user-friendly, but practically any aspect of the shirt can be customized - just ask. The starting line will have about 100 fabrics, all priced under $150.

I stole some measurement pictures and wrote a small guide to self measurement. How this works is that you can either select one of our 5 ready-to-wear sizes and then make changes in future orders, you can modify the rtw sizes against your own measurements, or you can completely measure yourself and we'll make a pattern based on those measurements. The less confident you are about measuring yourself, the more you should rely on our RTW patterns. After the first order, you can send us pictures and we'll discuss what we think would be a better fit.

I have taken your input to Carl along with my suggestions, and the ready to wear sizes have been heavily modified since the first version of this thread. We have tapered the hips and waist in substantially to create a nice, slim fit. The complete measurements are at the end of this post

To answer the most commonly asked question I get via PM: You do keep the first shirt. So please measure yourself well.

Shipping is at cost. MOP is $5 Extra. Turnaround time is about 3-4 weeks.
Do not be afraid to ask for extra/weird details. We'll tell you if they're doable...

Pricing is as follows(by swatch range):
3000-3499: $95
3500-3999: $105
4000-4499: $110
4500-4999: $115
5000-5499: $120
5500-5999: $125
6000-6499: $130
6500-6999: $140
7000-7499: $145
7500-7999: $150

For reference, here is Teger's experience:
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=129587

RTW SIZES(to be worn untucked):

Size 14.5(for approximately a 34r)
Neck: 14.5''
Chest: 37''
Waist: 32'
Hips: 33'
Yoke: 17''
Sleeves: 33''
Tail Length: 26''

Size 15(for approximately a 35.5r)
Neck 15\t\t
Chest 39
Waist 335
Hips 345
Yoke 17.25
Sleeves 33.5
Tail: 26.5

Size 15.5(approx: 37r)
Neck: 15.5''\t
Chest: 41''
Waist: 35'
Hips: 36
Yoke: 17.5''
Sleeves: 34 ''
Tail Length: 27''

Size 16(approx:38.5r)
Neck 16\t\t
Chest 42.5
Waist 37
Hips 38
Yoke 18
Sleeves 34.25
Tail 27.25

Size 16.5(approx 40r)
Neck: 16.5''\t
Chest:: 44''
Waist: 39
Hips: 40'
Yoke: 18.25''
Sleeves: 34.5''
Tail Length: 27.5''

I will be happy to answer questions via PM or in this thread(for everyone's reference.) Thanks.

cr1234

Reaction score
This sounds pretty awesome. How are you handling payments? CC or paypal? If it's the former, will you take Canadian credit cards (still shipping to a US address)? And since I'm sure someone else will ask, will you ship international?

evpj2L

Reaction score
Can you provide shoulder measurements for the RTW sizes? (sorry if I'm ignorant and one of the other measurements refers to that).

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by evpj2L
Can you provide shoulder measurements for the RTW sizes? (sorry if I'm ignorant and one of the other measurements refers to that).

The yoke represents the shoulder measurement. Go to the site that Souper linked. Click on Self Measurement guide.

ddoonie

Reaction score
Will the discount program with CEGO apply to this as well? Or will this be treated as a separate entity?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
stock up on advil, you'll need some after answering all the pm's, silly questions, and then dealing with people who can't measure themselves properly, before and after. Godspeed.

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rotflmao.gif

Things aren't so bad yet.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.