• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish sellers on Ebay would stop describing suits / trousers as in "very good" or "excellent" condition when they have sheen. Some of the stuff I've seen and received has been so bad that they just had be thrown. This is something I see time and time again, even from relatively big sellers. The absolute worst being when they know, but won't even mention it, just trying to CYA with "Look at the pictures" and vague or overly general description. Instant business killer.

jamesmkeart

Reaction score

So, the auction I posted yesterday is now up to 82 bids. The vast majority of the bids are from a single person incrementally raising his max apparently pennies at a time. Each time that he does this, it shows as a new bid. So, this morning, my curiosity got the best of me and sent him a message: He immediately responded: Oddly enough, I am impressed with his tactic. Sure, it might work against my profit. However, after careful examination of the bidding rules, he is not breaking any of them. Like it or not, I will always respect the hustle of people who go out of their way to achieve a goal (even if it is a butt-ugly skeet).
I've actually thought to try this but just like 4 or 5 bids. I realized I'm less likely to get into an auction if I see a bunch of bids and I'm not that into an item. I just min bid and min raise up until the point I'll pay. Didn't seem very effective.

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've actually thought to try this but just like 4 or 5 bids. I realized I'm less likely to get into an auction if I see a bunch of bids and I'm not that into an item. I just min bid and min raise up until the point I'll pay. Didn't seem very effective.
Tried it last night and I scored a fairly recent Nova Check scarf for a good price lol (relative to the market on these) When you're high bidder, you can increment by .01 and it only takes a second to type a new number. Coincidence or psychological warfare lol you decide

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/401275241107?_trksid=p2057872.m2748.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got a neg removed while driving between thrift shops. Multitasking is winning...

Last edited:

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, the auction I posted yesterday is now up to 82 bids. The vast majority of the bids are from a single person incrementally raising his max apparently pennies at a time. Each time that he does this, it shows as a new bid.

So, this morning, my curiosity got the best of me and sent him a message:

He immediately responded:

Oddly enough, I am impressed with his tactic. Sure, it might work against my profit. However, after careful examination of the bidding rules, he is not breaking any of them. Like it or not, I will always respect the hustle of people who go out of their way to achieve a goal (even if it is a butt-ugly skeet).

HAHA I saw this and noticed it was the same guy and it was at like $22 so I bid up to $33 just to move the damn needle. I was hoping I wouldn't accidentally win it though, I just want to poke the guy.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

HAHA I saw this and noticed it was the same guy and it was at like $22 so I bid up to $33 just to move the damn needle. I was hoping I wouldn't accidentally win it though, I just want to poke the guy.

Many thanks. Lol Don't worry. You are off the hook. It jumped up to around $87. Still has a couple of days. I bet that he is wishing he would have just done the BIN option.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quote: Yup and last update was that they closed the return and sent the shirt to RG..... and were contacting the FBI lol
tinfoil.gif

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I recently upgraded to GarageSale 7, and am struggling. Quite apart from the fact that I lost all my many templates, neverr to be seen again, I'm having trouble replicating my old workflow and figuring things out in the new version.

Two particular things I'm having trouble with are:

1. I can't get Click and Collect to work on my item, even though it should be eligible.
2. I'm confused by how to stipulate free shipping: do I put a Flat rate of $0, or a calculated rate and tick the Free check box?

This is the item in question, if that helps.

TIA for any help.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics