• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow...did not expect it to be that bad.

I sort of wanted to watch this....now, I'll probably wait for it to hit RedBox.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Part of the problem maybe that some of the reviewers have never seen the show, which is clear with this kind of statements in their reviews:

The people who live in these tribes can manipulate or "bend" their respective elements: hurl giant blobs of water or zap someone with a wave of flames. It's like an elaborate game of rock-paper-scissors, though it's hard to tell which bendy skill is preferable; they all seem kind of lame, with Earth being the most cumbersome one.
I mean sure, the anime being made into a movie has to make sense to those who hasn't seen it in anime form but I think it helps make the movie more enjoyable if you have. Kind of like Watchmen, most have not read the graphic novel and hated the movie from the get go.

Also, keep in mind that this is the first of 3 books so it'll be a pretty long series.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Yahoo user review has been horrible to. Nickolodian is going to be pissed. They had the chance to make HUGE dollars. Well M.Knight your days are numbered , buddy.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
lol Dev Patel's role was originally going to be done by Jesse McCartney

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Movie producers and other powers that be can't be that dumb , right??? I think if the casting and directing are better for the next 2 movies thins can look up for " twinkle toes" and the gang.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
Movie producers and other powers that be can't be that dumb , right??? I think if the casting and directing are better for the next 2 movies thins can look up for " twinkle toes" and the gang.

If it doesn't kill at the box office I'd say sequel possibilities will be pretty unlikely considering how much they spent on this.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am not sure going against Eclipse will help much in the box office numbers.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
Nice Hollywood whitewashing of the main characters of this film.

well they kept one asian... the villainous, duplicitous character. oh not like we haven't seen that before....

87_4_000001.jpg

oh... oh wait.

Originally Posted by Mauro
DAMN R.T. did kill it. However it's a ******* cartoon tunred live action that has seasons of growth .
critics are fucked up. I will see it and enjoy it no matter what. It will make my daughter happy and that in itself makes me happy. SO ,**** YOU, EBERT.

gotta give ebert credit for mentioning the racebending in this film. i think it was a dumb move on their part, the kids are clearly asian, and even if it's a fantasy world, it doesn't mean that fantasy = white. that's what the lotr series is for, to teach you about good anglo-saxon values and that friendship, loyalty, and homoeroticism will allow you to overcome hordes of mud people.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
gotta give ebert credit for mentioning the racebending in this film. i think it was a dumb move on their part, the kids are clearly asian, and even if it's a fantasy world, it doesn't mean that fantasy = white. that's what the lotr series is for, to teach you about good anglo-saxon values and that friendship, loyalty, and homoeroticism will allow you to overcome hordes of mud people.

LOTR was very pro little people too!

Mauby

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
...Hate the director (how is he able to generate even remote interest for employers?) but the Indian guy is an awesome actor (Slumdog Millionaire ...

That was the first & only time I've heard someone mention Dev Patel being an "awesome" actor in Slumdog Millionaire. That's cool, glad he has his fans. I thought his British-accented performance in Slumdog was the most unbelievable part of the movie.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauby
That was the first & only time I've heard someone mention Dev Patel being an "awesome" actor in Slumdog Millionaire. That's cool, glad he has his fans. I thought his British-accented performance in Slumdog was the most unbelievable part of the movie.

He also had the same exact expression of wide eyed bewilderment the entire movie...At least that's what I recall of his performance.

cure

Reaction score
im pretty sure the only white people in this show are the hicks that live in the swamps and have alligators as pets.

its too bad they didnt just make the "dark" skinned characters actually indian and leave at least one main character asian. dev patel looks like he couldve played the goofy role

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am going to go watch it now with my daughter. A review will follow.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You think the main chars were asian with those baby blue eyes?

It's always been an ambiguous fictional race, kind of like Conan was.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nostradamus