• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are you a negative person?

enjoiii

Reaction score
Wow, there have been some great responses and I really appreciate everyones input. Definately given me some stuff to think about.

[
Originally Posted by *#..
Are you religious at all? I'm not, so don't worry, I'm not trying to convert you. Just trying to get more of an idea of who you are. Tell me more about yourself with examples, so I can give a better answer.

Yes, I guess you could say I am Christian. I am definitely not super religious by any stretch of the imagination and most people are surprised that I go to church based on my actions.

Here is a few examples of what I do:

-Someone I know goes to an average school out East and lives on campus. The family does not have a lot of money and I think she should live at home and go to a local university which are arguably better schools and would cost significantly less. I always feel to need to criticize her school and the decision to go there to people I know.

-A few people I know with so-so grades are planning to go to elite law schools which I very highly doubt they will get into. I don't say anything to them but I will make snide remarks behind there back about how they have no chance of getting into those schools.

-If someone comes to me with a business idea they are thinking of pursing, I will be the first person to jump all over it and tell them it has no chance of being successful.

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im extremely cynical about peoples motivations, especially at work. struggle to bite my tongue when there are obvious political motivations which are probably not the best for the business.

trying to put a lid on it and be more positive about things. i just cant help but think that people who are always positive are morons.

matt22616

Reaction score
wellbutrin_20073_4_(big)_.jpg

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by enjoiii
Here is a few examples of what I do:

-Someone I know goes to an average school out East and lives on campus. The family does not have a lot of money and I think she should live at home and go to a local university which are arguably better schools and would cost significantly less. I always feel to need to criticize her school and the decision to go there to people I know.

-A few people I know with so-so grades are planning to go to elite law schools which I very highly doubt they will get into. I don't say anything to them but I will make snide remarks behind there back about how they have no chance of getting into those schools.

-If someone comes to me with a business idea they are thinking of pursing, I will be the first person to jump all over it and tell them it has no chance of being successful.

Wow.

No offense, and I don't know you at all nor am I judging you, but you seem like a major debbie-downer and in the most extreme case, a douche.

Talking behind people's backs? Criticizing other people's choices? That all screams insecurity to me.

But I'm glad you're not afraid of posting those examples up. Kudos on that.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) Read "The Power of Now"

2) Ask your doctor if you might have Dysthymia

3) Re-read "The Power of Now"

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently I woke up from being as all my family is.

A passive agressive personality disorder of the kind of negationist.

I never heard anything positive by them , only negative as she is ugly ,thar car is bad etc.

Finally and thanks God I woke up from the nightmare.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by socialdtk
I'm also a very negative person that tends to voice my opinion even in situations that it'd be best to keep silent. With that being said, your logic makes you sound like idiot. For instance, you work at a coffee shop; therefore you're a pathetic waste of matter.

Oh we are similar. Do a research about passive agressive negationist personallity disorder on DSM .

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
1) Read "The Power of Now" 2) Ask your doctor if you might have Dysthymia 3) Re-read "The Power of Now"
I am gonna look for it translated to spanish. Is this one? http://www.casadellibro.com/libro-el...fyvjfaoduqj1mw I just finished Venza sus obsesiones, like win over your obbsesions by VENZA SUS OBSESIONES de FOA, EDNA B. y WILSON, R. REID a great book, recommended.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by giraffe lookout
I recently read Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People. It is a little corny at times but he actually does help you to get in the mindset of looking the positives in people and not the negatives.

Originally Posted by mm84321
I enjoyed this. Thank you.

That book is very poor.

I also recommend this book that helped me a lot when I ruined, used to live in a luxury world.

Anxiety for status. by a french author that has been awarded a lot.

It helps to see that a lot of our snobish things are useless.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm snarky on internet forums because it's all the rave ...

But outside of this fake universe I'm a positive person in general and will apologize to someone if I notice I'm in a bad mood and being a pain ********** to deal with.

I used to not notice that at all and life is a lot easier now that I kind of assess where my head is at a bunch of different times during the day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads