• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampatravel

Reaction score

To reinforce the crazy amount of seconds in stock for D widths:

8.5E Walnut Strand seconds: 5
9D Walnut Strand seconds: 62

Speaking of that, there's a pair of both Cordovan Walnut Strands and Cordovan Walnut Daltons, as seconds in 9D. Someone needs to pick those up! 

I wish they had some in 12 D

frank212

Reaction score
Congrats! I have come close to getting a deer bone but have always been able to work things out with brushing, a little wax, reno, and did I mention brushing? As far as boning your shoes and your girlfriend catching you, can't help you LOL. But the deer bone is from a stag in Europe and good chance it was raised for food. But then again the horse hide provided for your shoe was likely from Europe also, and the horse was eaten. Of course you don't have to tell her any of this. Now you just need to train her to say all great recipes start with first you cook a pound of bacon.... Pictures of your new shoes when you get them please!
Cambridges arrived! They are much darker than the red plastic-like photos on the Allen Edmonds site; more like chocolate.

Will look for replacement laces. The stock thin waxed laces feel like they would garrote through the holes if I yank on them hard enough. Any lace recommendations?

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My black shell PA were waiting for me when I got home tonight. Stripped off a ton of cream and brushing them for as long as I have tells me I still have a lot more work to do on them before they get a few thin coats of Saphir blue polish. Also need to wear them for awhile first to work out any bloom that may be in the shell. In a week or so hope to have them ready to post pictures.

I just got a new pair of Cambridge seconds delivered today. They look like firsts to me--no flaws I would've complained about. I'll include a photo side-by-side with an old McNeil to compare the different shades of cordovan. The new ones look darker.

Cambridge (new)

MacNeil (old)
Outstanding pickup delmar! And nice comparison shots.

I still don't own a LWB and between you and bucksfan now know what I'm going to get. On the Alden thread someone posted a link to ebay for a pair of LWB in whiskey that are in my size, a very rare and desirable shoe. My first thought was that of the lion taking down the zebra which TheSizzle posted and I almost pounced on them. But thinking it through.... burgundy shell is as classic as it gets. I have enough brown shoes and boots (for now) and according to those on the Alden thread exotic shell colors will not even exist this year. But has anyone tried to buy a burgundy colored belt in the last 5 years? You can find them but you have to work for it, they are all brown or black for the most part. Burgundy shoes or #8 is less common than brown in shoe color overall. And there is just something about #8 that is "right". The fact that it pairs with almost everything doesn't hurt either. The MacNeil in burgundy shell is at the top of my list right now. Thanks for posting yours. And great Cambridge's!

Barroomheroes

Reaction score

Yesterday these arrived. A pair of burgundy Van Ness. My wife was in Raleigh North Carolina, and visited an AE Outlet. They had a sale going on and she picked these up for me for only $129. They are first quality. The pics below all have a flash, except for the last pic. I shined them last evening. The sole is like none that I have on any of my other 16 pairs of AE's. Can anyone tell me much about this sole?
What did you do to shine them? They look great!

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speaking of that, there's a pair of both Cordovan Walnut Strands and Cordovan Walnut Daltons, as seconds in 9D. Someone needs to pick those up!

Any idea how much they are?

frogwash

Reaction score

GOP Shoe Guy

Reaction score
What did you do to shine them? They look great!
I applied one coat of venetian creme to condition them. Then I applied a coat of lincoln marine cordovan wax polish. I used dabs of hot water, and small circles to buff off the wax, and bring about a high shine. I applied a second coat to the captoe only. I then buffed the entire shoe with my shine cloth. All those pics have a flash, except the last, it was natural light.

I have had comments before on here about the high shine I have on my shoes. Maybe I should go into the shine business...
fistbump.gif

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Burgundy shoes or #8 is less common than brown in shoe color overall. And there is just something about #8 that is "right". The fact that it pairs with almost everything doesn't hurt either. The MacNeil in burgundy shell is at the top of my list right now.

Still on my year-long shoe-buying moratorium, but when I'm done I'll use the money I've saved to custom-order a hyper-narrow burgundy shell MacNeil... presuming I don't find one on eBay between now and then. It just seems like the quintessential American shoe.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

where do I look?

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Instead of the shoebank contact the Jeffersonville Oh. outlet. They have a sale till 4/30 with 20% off one item. And have access to everything that the shoebank does. And have always responded to my emails.

Allen Edmonds Jeffersonville
8665 Factory Shops Blvd.
Jeffersonville OH 43128
phone (740) 948 9033
[email protected]
is this it?

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At first, I was told it would be six to eight weeks for replacement, since the Fifth Streets are now MTO. However, they were made immediately and overnighted. I should have them today, along with a pair of shoe trees and some polish.
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

My Black & Orange Neumoks will be here tomorrow, so it's like Christmas in March!

Now that's the great customer service I've come to expect!
nod[1].gif
Hope this pair works out well for you.

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Riverhead is running that 20% off promotion as well. I believe any AE outlet that's located at a Tanger is running the promotion, because Tanger is having 20% off coupons (they don't stack, can't be used on clearance). I remember that the deals coincided last time those coupons were out as well.

Deladonis

Reaction score
Where can I find some of the vintage Allen Edmond shoes? And part two is finding size 14D that has been hard to find as well. Any help you can give would be great. Especially if you know any sites i might be able to find those size 14's
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads