• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New In Box 1970's Shoe Advice

callmebrandon

Reaction score
Hi,

Long time lurker - first time poster - please be gentile if I'm in the wrong place!

My dad is a big hoarder - and amassed a collection of around 60 pairs of unworn new in boxes shoes during the 1970s - these are name brand mostly dress shoes but some other styles like boots etc. These shoes contain styles from Florsheim, Allen Edmonds, LL Bean, Timberland, as well as brands like Hanover and Lawson Hill. They are all size 10 which is his size.

Do these have any demand beyond going to a vintage shop and getting around $150 a pair or so? It seems these kinds of shoes new in box and never worn might have significant value, but I don't really know.

Attaching some pics of the shoes - we have many many more - but this is a good start. Are there any specific models that collectors really love?

Unfortunately for me - I'm a different size than my father so really can't fit into any of the shoes. IMG_20231231_121516.jpg PXL_20231230_153931299.jpg IMG_20231231_120253.jpg IMG_20231231_120249.jpg IMG_20231231_120220.jpg IMG_20231231_120245.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20231231_120214.jpg
    IMG_20231231_120214.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 90
Reaction score
I’d put a couple up on eBay to gauge response. The right person would likely be willing to pay more but who knows when that person will come around.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Post these on the Vintage thread and you are likely to get a nice price.

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would do a quick inventory of what you have. Specifically if you have any shell cordovan pairs. NOS (new old stock) still in box and unworn can bring a nice premium but you have to know what you've got to get a decent idea of pricing. Remember that when checking eBay you need to look for sold items, not just what people are asking as that can give you an incorrect impression of what they are really worth. Tons of stuff on eBay sitting around forever but unsellable at the price unless that one perfect buyer comes around. We do have a vintage shoe thread here and once you have a solid list, that is probably a good place to get some advice.
Edit. Looks like JFWR beat me to the vintage thread.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Long time lurker - first time poster - please be gentile if I'm in the wrong place!

My dad is a big hoarder - and amassed a collection of around 60 pairs of unworn new in boxes shoes during the 1970s - these are name brand mostly dress shoes but some other styles like boots etc. These shoes contain styles from Florsheim, Allen Edmonds, LL Bean, Timberland, as well as brands like Hanover and Lawson Hill. They are all size 10 which is his size.

Do these have any demand beyond going to a vintage shop and getting around $150 a pair or so? It seems these kinds of shoes new in box and never worn might have significant value, but I don't really know.

Attaching some pics of the shoes - we have many many more - but this is a good start. Are there any specific models that collectors really love?

Unfortunately for me - I'm a different size than my father so really can't fit into any of the shoes. View attachment 2101117 View attachment 2101119 View attachment 2101121 View attachment 2101123 View attachment 2101125 View attachment 2101127
The third photo is of an Allen Edmonds model that I wore in the 70s, 80s.
Long discontinued. I wish I were size 10. They are great shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads