• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dd1101

Reaction score

I just found out about the Cordovan Event that starts at the end of this month. Turns out they've been doing this for a few years now. I didn't even know they had such an event. I guess it's were you can order any AE model in cordovan leather in 3 colors (black, brown and burgundy). It usually costs $650 per pair plus and extra $120-150 since it's made to order. Only difference in this event is that they waive the extra $120-$150 charge. Anybody every order during this event?

Thanks for letting us know. Now the debate of which model I should get in shell; Leiden, Yorktown, Grayson, or lake forest.

matwa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look great!

What size did you go with (relative to 65 size) and how do they fit?

AE won't sell to a Canadian on eBay, but my SA is checking to see if he can get them.
I bought 10.5 E - same size as I wear in 65 last. They are only slightly more roomy all around.
I intend to wear these with thicker socks, so that works out just right for me.

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've cut down on the amount of bread I was eating and I lost a good size on my waste in about 6 weeks. The only downside is that my 36 belts feel a little too large now. I'm back to a true 32 size waste. The suede belt is the largest of all, and I should not have ordered a 36. Belts are tricky because they are not consistently the same size.
Which hole on the belt does the buckle fasten to? I always order a large belt because I want the last loop on the belt. LOL. I think you are actually supposed to be on the third one.

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know. Now the debate of which model I should get in shell; Leiden, Yorktown, Grayson, or lake forest.

I have not. This is only good if you want a Shell model in one that is not in regular production. Such as the Warwick.

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Third one is typical - It seems most recommendations are to order one full size up (e.g. 38 orders a 40-size belt).

I always order 4 sizes up. I figure it can go on last hole but if you ever gain weight (not that I am planning to) it will still fit. The only issue with that is my belts have a long flap on one side sometimes. I have noticed that the Manitesse belt is not true to size compared to other AE belts. Seems smaller to me. Maybe the leather.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always order 4 sizes up. I figure it can go on last hole but if you ever gain weight (not that I am planning to) it will still fit. The only issue with that is my belts have a long flap on one side sometimes. I have noticed that the Manitesse belt is not true to size compared to other AE belts. Seems smaller to me. Maybe the leather.

I've already gained all the weight. I'm hoping to lose some... ;)

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

An after hours shot of the Madison Parks while trying out my new cords.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Enough with this belt **** already
1f612.png
...im a true 28" and AE 30" belts are harder to find than C width shoes.

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have! I had my Natty Dundees MTO w/ Independence lining. If you love Cordovan I highly recommend you take advantage of this. I to was notified last week about it but was told they had no details as to what models and colors yet.

No more Cordovan Dundee the CAC told me it's been discontinued! :(:(

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@TexasTexter Funny you mentioned that, James p told me he was getting the HM in shell. Never got to see how they came out - but I did see his buffalo 1st aves - believe me Tex, you so needed these.

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Enough with this belt **** already
1f612.png
...im a true 28" and AE 30" belts are harder to find than C width shoes.

you're lucky! Not many out there with that size waist! I'm a 32-34 depending on what I wear. It's all glamour sized these days!

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@TexasTexter Funny you mentioned that, James p told me he was getting the HM in shell. Never got to see how they came out - but I did see his buffalo 1st aves - believe me Tex, you so needed these.

Typical Barnweasel thing to say Neo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads