• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sent him the Kelly Blue Book trade-in value that I got online. He knows I’m wanting to get a little more and seemed to indicate that he could give me a better price. I’m going to try to see what I can do.

The bad thing is that I just realized that I have no idea where the title is right now. I can get a duplicate title next week (the office is closed today due to the holiday.)

Is that going to be a problem?
yup, You'll need that. No more AE s for you until you get the title;)

milktoast

Reaction score
Hi folks - can someone offer sizing advice on the Acheson? I have some shoes in the 65 last (Park and Fifth Aves) in an 8.5D, so not sure what may be appropriate for the last on the Grayson.

Last edited:

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surrey boots for the replacement of radius arm bushing on a 1995 F150 400k miles...

Surrey and RA bushings.jpg

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A trade-in adds some significant value for me versus a sale to an individual or another dealer.
As you mentioned, it will reduce my sales tax burden. The dealership also has a promotion where the first three years of maintenance are covered on the new car if you trade in another car to buy it.

What are you buying by the way? I just bought a new car back in October for myself.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are you buying by the way? I just bought a new car back in October for myself.
We just finished our purchase of a Honda CRV Hybrid.

I got them to bump up the trade value by $1000, which was still a little lower than what I wanted. But I said I would take it since they also had the deal with 3 years of scheduled maintenance with a trade-in. He didn’t know that they were still offering that deal. He pulled up their website on the computer, and I showed him where that was — in big, bold letters. So we agreed on the deal.

I found out later that the maintenance deal was not supposed to be on the website. They were no longer offering that deal, and it had been removed from the website — except where I had found it. They did honor it. In the grand scheme of things, it’s not a huge deal. It’s worth about $500 to me though. Doing your homework in advance makes a difference.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We just finished our purchase of a Honda CRV Hybrid.

I got them to bump up the trade value by $1000, which was still a little lower than what I wanted. But I said I would take it since they also had the deal with 3 years of scheduled maintenance with a trade-in. He didn’t know that they were still offering that deal. He pulled up their website on the computer, and I showed him where that was — in big, bold letters. So we agreed on the deal.

I found out later that the maintenance deal was not supposed to be on the website. They were no longer offering that deal, and it had been removed from the website — except where I had found it. They did honor it. In the grand scheme of things, it’s not a huge deal. It’s worth about $500 to me though. Doing your homework in advance makes a difference.

Hey! I make the seats that go into the CR-V.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brown kudu Neumoks amongst the fallen ginkgo leaves on a wet sidewalk.

Today's amazing discovery, these shoes make an odd noise when walking on wet sidewalks.

IMG_0535.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, wearing A-E shoes in a forest of bonsai trees.

IMG_0555.jpeg

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, Karaage Curry Rice and me at Menya-Tigre on Sawtelle Blvd. It came with a salad that was larger than the entree salads at some places.

It was an enormous amount of food and everything was very good. I won't be hungry again until sometime next year.
For reference, the fork and spoon in the pictures aren't a dinner fork and a tea spoon. They are a serving fork and a table spoon.

The next time will order just the Karaage Chicken.

IMG_0582.jpeg

The curry part shows up better in this picture from the other side of it.

IMG_0581.jpeg

The salad.

IMG_0579.jpeg

All these maneki-nekos and I wish everyone a lucky and prosperous new year.

IMG_0584.jpeg

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brown kudu Neumoks amongst the fallen ginkgo leaves on a wet sidewalk.

Today's amazing discovery, these shoes make an odd noise when walking on wet sidewalks.

View attachment 1728939

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, wearing A-E shoes in a forest of bonsai trees.

View attachment 1728944

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, Karaage Curry Rice and me at Menya-Tigre on Sawtelle Blvd. It came with a salad that was larger than the entree salads at some places.

It was an enormous amount of food and everything was very good. I won't be hungry again until sometime next year.
For reference, the fork and spoon in the pictures aren't a dinner fork and a tea spoon. They are a serving fork and a table spoon.

The next time will order just the Karaage Chicken.

View attachment 1728946

The curry part shows up better in this picture from the other side of it.

View attachment 1728948

The salad.

View attachment 1728950

All these maneki-nekos and I wish everyone a lucky and prosperous new year.

View attachment 1728954

Happy New Year, Roy! I always enjoy your posts... and look forward to seeing many more in 2022.

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden voyage of my natural shell HM’s from this year’s trunk show. I have to get the lacing dialed in but was in a hurry to get to an appointment when I put these on so they are a little loose. The leather is flawless and the fit and finish are perfect. Patina is already starting to develop after just a few hours. These are really nice!
7DF82A3C-9A41-4120-B04E-FD6D53E67A36.jpeg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friday Eve with some Ravello rarest of the rare and a saddle send off to 2021 for NYE.

I wish you all a wonderful evening and a good start to the new year.

PXL_20211230_143907396.jpg
PXL_20211230_143355510.MP.jpg
PXL_20211230_143404107.jpg
PXL_20211231_143619105.jpg
PXL_20211231_143028460.MP.jpg
PXL_20211231_143036258.jpg

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy New Years Eve.

Car prices are crazy right now. Depending on model/mileage you can get stupid money. My poor 15 year old van with over 200k is only worth a couple grand maybe three. My mom's 2014 base Ford Focus with only 9k is worth $11-$12k. She paid $14 7 years ago!

Glad I got a deal on my new car back in April. I'd hate to be buying/wanting what is in demand like a Telluride, Bronco or anything built overseas.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden voyage of my natural shell HM’s from this year’s trunk show. I have to get the lacing dialed in but was in a hurry to get to an appointment when I put these on so they are a little loose. The leather is flawless and the fit and finish are perfect. Patina is already starting to develop after just a few hours. These are really nice!
View attachment 1728985

My 2021 AE regret is not jumping on the natural shell when I had my chance! These look amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads