• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks fantastic Strandman - thanks for doing this!

I'd suggest we all start using the 2020 thread tomorrow morning. Don't want to interrupt the livestream of @armedferret hijinks!

Oh like i wont go there too :hide:

Missus is getting the otter drunk.

20191231_213708.jpg

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Btw, is there any difference between a Strand and a Tupelo beyond the default outsoles? As far as I can tell, both 65 last, same medallion, same stitching and broging pattern. I'm thinking a resole down the line and they could even be Strandmoks.

Poron insole plus different outsole are the differences as far as I can tell.

how do you find the Tupelo fits? I’m wondering if it’s closer to a strand or unlined Strandmok

The Tupelo fits me -very- tightly. I think it's because of the thicker Poron insole while the overall volume of the shoe is still the same as a Strand/mok. I could see it becoming comfortable with some break-in, but it'll be rough. I've got a large instep though, so YMMV.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy New Years Eve gents!

Somehow, I don’t think I’m in Florida anymore. I must not have clicked my heels together correctly, ‘cause I’m sure not in Kansas either.
View attachment 1307881
Those of you that have hills and mountains in your daily scenery, please don’t take it for granted.What a beautiful sight for this flatlander. A little frosty at almost 5,000 feet this morning.

Tan dublin Stirlings did wonderfully today. They even accompanied a very thrilled 11 year old on a mountain coaster.
View attachment 1307883
Of course, Bailey was ready for the dog park after watching us humans have all of the fun.
View attachment 1307894
And to end the year off with some good old fashioned Chicago deep dish.
View attachment 1307884
It could have been deeper, but tasted just like home.

Happy New Year gents. May 2020 be happy, healthy, and full of shoes and food in shoe threads for all!

Looks like you’re in my neck of the woods! We don’t see many AE’s ‘round hair!... Don’t worry I’m a CA transplant.

Just a few PA’s and strands is all I’ve seen in my little town. Everything else is pretty much rubber soled bicycle toes, etc, even with suits! I would consider stopping someone on the street and compliment them on their footwear if I saw an AE I recognized.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife asks about footwear that is quality and not manly... very little out there
Oak tree is gyw. Carmina as well.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my wife some Carmina brown jodhpurs last year and she loves them. But, other than those and some chelseas, not even Carmina offers that much in boots.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It does seem like whoever creates the new AE thread ends up disappearing by the next year. TexasTexter is missing, Hubbins is pretty much missing. I just worry that BFT will be missing by 2021. I do support him starting the thread.
It's like the Madden Curse for NFL players!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads