• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Fine Pair of Shoes x Alfred Sargent MTO Thread

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If not, I'm sure we can pilot a time-limited psychotherapeutic intervention. :)

What's the point of having a mental disorder if one can't score some drugs outta the deal. Talk therapy is SO overrated.:bigstar:

Last edited:

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any update on the Benson? Is it going to come in time for Xmas? I would hope so as this is getting a touch ridiculous.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Any update on the Benson? Is it going to come in time for Xmas? I would hope so as this is getting a touch ridiculous.

+1. im hoping this Miller boot is awesome because it may be the last AS MTO i order. And I aint impatient, it’s the principle now

Last edited:

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1. im hoping this Miller boot is awesome because it may be the last AS MTO i order. too long of a wait when during a time with so many other excellent options

I don't like this situation as much as anyone but if you take away the 3 month delay due to the cognac shell issue then we're right on schedule, I believe. Possibly even early.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
communicate, communicate and then over communicate. this is an example of poor communication all throughout the chain. either AS or AFPOS should have been upfront with whatever significant issue they were facing as it was occurring - not months later. its unacceptable to postpone delivery by so long while not being upfront about it. if it did take 2 months to secure the shell, why wasnt that communicated? 1 month goes by, no message, im thinking, "cool, boot is being made. Ill be able to wear it before winter before it gets too wet". two month go by, "half way there". then after two months, we finally get an update, "oh btw" ... huh?!

as are most luxury products, the high-end shoe business is as much service oriented as it is product focused. it just baffles me why shoe makers, especially, grapple with this communication thing. in the case of the Miller boot, we didnt hear anything until the half way point that our boot was just started. ugh

on a positive note, props to Carmina and Vass for being able to craft a luxurious, extremely well built piece of footwear within a reasonable amount of time. I only wish AS could do the same

Last edited:

Afinepairofshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are so close now to delivering both the Miller and Benson mto that I'm sure they will worth the wait - it is always a balancing act to gauge the right level and timing of the communication correctly. At AFPoS we strive to be open and above all, honest about how we do business and look after you, our customers.

As mentioned, for the Miller mto, we are just waiting on the three piece boot trees that take quite a bit of hand finishing and should be with us within a week.

The Benson mto are in the final stages of the finishing room and hopefully will be sent to us within the next two weeks.

Here are some pictures of both for you

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I might be interested in miller boot with vintage oak + expresso suede top combination.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads