or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3801  

post #57001 of 78717
What color is clownshit?
post #57002 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

What color is clownshit?

post #57003 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

What color is clownshit?

*
post #57004 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSox View Post

+100.  This suit belongs on an exemplary fit thread.  Perfect choice of tie (Drake's navy grenadine with a white double bar stripe).  Is the suit fabric a navy fresco?

You might be interested to hear that Dirnelli posted a very positive review of Pal Zileri: http://dirnelli.tumblr.com/post/49814477662/review-of-tailors-and-suits-ive-owned
  

Cheers, the fabric is a super 130s. It's slightly lighter than navy, has an interesting pattern, and is very soft. The review was very interesting, and spot on, thanks for posting it. This is one of the most comfortable suits I own, and he's right about the waist of the trousers, it's very nice how light everything is. Certainly a lucky find! Best £200 I ever spent.
post #57005 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

yeah indeed. And I wish I dressed half as well as DC does when I was larger. Heck, many size 38's should learn from him. What a bunch of d*ckheads on those forums.

I must say there where many nice people who helped me and said something against the trolls. But from the adminds I must heared, if you post fotos from you, you have to live with sayings against your weight. That was the point, when I decide  to post not longer fits in the german forum. Most people are really nice in the german forum and some of them are also here.

post #57006 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirailleur1 View Post

The problem is the illusion that there is clothing or a form of dressing that is "timeless" and "classic"

 

I disagree. I just think that it is not a universal norm. There ARE classic ways of dressing (timeless? that's a little more esoteric and I'll leave it alone for now) which are dependent on where you are and what context you are operating in. If you are meaning to say there are no UNIVERSAL ways to dress classically then I agree. However, culture and history matters. To say there is no such thing as dressing in a "classic" manner is wrong (I understand that you didn't say this specifically, however I am inferring your point in the absence of specific information).

post #57007 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbrown View Post

Todays Fit,

 

 

AppleMark

 

 

AppleMark

 

 

Jacket: 

Pants: Brooks Brothers

Shirt: PRL

Tie: HSM 

Ps: Unknown

Shoes: Crockett and Jones Clifford

 

Didnt realize the tie had lowered so much

 

Edit: Don't know who made the jacket it has no label but my dad bought it to me the other day

 

Know what I'd wear with this? Bright yellow trousers. Srsly. But don't ever take my advice. I dress horribly.

post #57008 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCologne View Post

I must say there where many nice people who helped me and said something against the trolls. But from the adminds I must heared, if you post fotos from you, you have to live with sayings against your weight. That was the point, when I decide  to post not longer fits in the german forum. Most people are really nice in the german forum and some of them are also here.
My grandmother used to say that if you are unable to say something nice then it's better to say nothing. I find your attitude refreshing and for a man of your stature you dress well
post #57009 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

 

Know what I'd wear with this? Bright yellow trousers. Srsly. But don't ever take my advice. I dress horribly.

I think that could be attempted. 

post #57010 of 78717
post #57011 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

 

Know what I'd wear with this? Bright yellow trousers. Srsly. But don't ever take my advice. I dress horribly.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

I think that could be attempted. 

 

I agree that this could be attempted. However, you would never, I mean never want to see my legs in yellow pants. For someone else I think that may be quite fun however

post #57012 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Engineer View Post

I would get them pants lightly tapered 8 to 8.5 inches


Thanks, will take to my tailor and see what this would look like. 

post #57013 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbrown View Post

 

 

I agree that this could be attempted. However, you would never, I mean never want to see my legs in yellow pants. For someone else I think that may be quite fun however

It could hide the pee stain contrived from the jokes people make if it doesn't work as hoped.

 

Try it.

post #57014 of 78717
AMAZING fit, SB.
post #57015 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbrown View Post

I agree that this could be attempted. However, you would never, I mean never want to see my legs in yellow pants. For someone else I think that may be quite fun howev

 

What are you worried about? See through-ness?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III