or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg Boots - Page 126

post #1876 of 9177

Breaking news:  My computer tells me that my new Vibergs have been delivered and will be waiting for me when I get home from work.  It's getting exciting here...  Pics will be posted...

post #1877 of 9177

Looking forward to the pictures!

I heard back from Morgan this morning, looking forward to getting the process started.

post #1878 of 9177

can´t believe i have these incoming, damn...

 

Viberg Service Boots in shell cordovan :slayer:

 

post #1879 of 9177

Nice purchase.

 

Where did you find these?

post #1880 of 9177

IIRC they were produced for a store in Germany called manufactum

post #1881 of 9177

I have a question that I hope someone may know the answer or maybe Guy will chime in.  I bought the Icy Mocha chukkas from the sample sale (from another member).  I wasn't going to keep them but I have decided to wear them for a few weeks to see how they work.  These dont have the eyelets and when lace them up I feel I am really stretching the leather.  I want to put on some antique brass eyelets to take the load off the leather.  The kit to install the eyelets seems pretty easy to use I just don't know if there are different size eyelets to buy.  Anyone have any idea what size to buy?  Probaly a strange question but thought I'd ask.  It's probably best to send Viberg an email, but you guys seem to really know your shoes and may know :).  Thanks for your time - DuckOB

 

post #1882 of 9177
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOB View Post

I have a question that I hope someone may know the answer or maybe Guy will chime in.  I bought the Icy Mocha chukkas from the sample sale (from another member).  I wasn't going to keep them but I have decided to wear them for a few weeks to see how they work.  These dont have the eyelets and when lace them up I feel I am really stretching the leather.  I want to put on some antique brass eyelets to take the load off the leather.  The kit to install the eyelets seems pretty easy to use I just don't know if there are different size eyelets to buy.  Anyone have any idea what size to buy?  Probaly a strange question but thought I'd ask.  It's probably best to send Viberg an email, but you guys seem to really know your shoes and may know smile.gif.  Thanks for your time - DuckOB



Have you considered taking them to have your local cobbler do for you? I took a pair I got from the sample sale to my cobbler to add brass eyelets and my cobbler charged me around $10 or $15. It saves you from a costly screw-up.
post #1883 of 9177

Brand new Horsehide 110s, 8 eyelets, plain cap toe, Dainite sole.  Very cool boots nearly every respect.

 

What I love:  the Horsehide is just my favorite boot leather, and is both thick and tough but also has some richness to it.  The Dainite sole is cool, and the natural midsole works well I think.  Plain cap toe and slightly contrasting brown stitching, also nice.

 

What I don't quite love:  I really prefer the more substantial, rounded toe of the 2045 or 310 lasts, the toe on these 110s is just a bit too dressy for me.  I had intended to get silver eyelets, but I think because I wrote "silver/gunmetal" thinking they were the same I got gunmetal which is not silver, oh well.  The boots have a slight built in "pronation" (leaning inward), which I've noticed on other Vibergs.

 

This gets me close to my perfect black boot, but alas is not quite there.  Unfortunately the 310 and 2045 did not quite work fitwise, whereas I think these will, so in the end that's what wins out.

 

[Sorry for the bad pics; they were all done last night with a flash. I'll get some natural light pics soon that will show off the horsehide better.]

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #1884 of 9177
^ Those are just awesome. Congrats and wear in great health!!!
post #1885 of 9177
Those are amazing boots! That toe is perfect IMO. Make em your slim jeans/chinos boots

Btw- my vote is the leather laces- nice contrast wink.gif
post #1886 of 9177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn666 View Post
 

can´t believe i have these incoming, damn...

 

Viberg Service Boots in shell cordovan :slayer:

Could you please take some pictures as soon as they've arrived?

These are so beautiful!

post #1887 of 9177
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-ewing View Post

Those are amazing boots! That toe is perfect IMO. Make em your slim jeans/chinos boots
Btw- my vote is the leather laces- nice contrast wink.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

^ Those are just awesome. Congrats and wear in great health!!!

 

Thanks guys.  You're helping me to get over my very slight qualms about this pair...

 

BTW, my "gateway drug" boot to the higher end brands was the black Red Wing Iron Ranger. I loved the round toe and the silver eyelets and the plain but substantial cap toe, and for the first time I imagined paying several hundred dollars for a pair of boots. Would have gone with those, but the last was incredibly narrow and impossible for me to wear.  Been trying to get a better quality pair with a similar look and better fit ever since.  The 2045 in HH with plain cap toe would be the closest I think, but these are where I am landing I think.

post #1888 of 9177
Thanks Johnnyrich for the reply. I have thought about a local cobbler. I saw a "how to video" and it seemed pretty easy to add but I'd hate to mess them up trying to save a few bucks. I visited one for another boot I want to resole and wasn't confident but i'll need to keep looking. I am in the Richmond VA area so hopefully I can find a good cobbler to go to.

What kind of leather were your boots that you bought and how do they look with eyelets now?

thanks again for the reply

DuckOB
post #1889 of 9177
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOB View Post

Thanks Johnnyrich for the reply. I have thought about a local cobbler. I saw a "how to video" and it seemed pretty easy to add but I'd hate to mess them up trying to save a few bucks. I visited one for another boot I want to resole and wasn't confident but i'll need to keep looking. I am in the Richmond VA area so hopefully I can find a good cobbler to go to.

What kind of leather were your boots that you bought and how do they look with eyelets now?

thanks again for the reply

DuckOB
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrich7 View Post













Here are the Vibergs I own. The saddle shoes were the ones I had my cobbler add the antique brass eyelets too. The Shell Service boots arrived with the brass eyelets.
post #1890 of 9177
Quote:
Originally Posted by linafelt View Post

Brand new Horsehide 110s, 8 eyelets, plain cap toe, Dainite sole.  Very cool boots nearly every respect.

What I love:  the Horsehide is just my favorite boot leather, and is both thick and tough but also has some richness to it.  The Dainite sole is cool, and the natural midsole works well I think.  Plain cap toe and slightly contrasting brown stitching, also nice.

What I don't quite love:  I really prefer the more substantial, rounded toe of the 2045 or 310 lasts, the toe on these 110s is just a bit too dressy for me.  I had intended to get silver eyelets, but I think because I wrote "silver/gunmetal" thinking they were the same I got gunmetal which is not silver, oh well.  The boots have a slight built in "pronation" (leaning inward), which I've noticed on other Vibergs.

This gets me close to my perfect black boot, but alas is not quite there.  Unfortunately the 310 and 2045 did not quite work fitwise, whereas I think these will, so in the end that's what wins out.

[Sorry for the bad pics; they were all done last night with a flash. I'll get some natural light pics soon that will show off the horsehide better.]

In regard to the eyelets, as I mentioned before, this is a pretty easy fix, and I bet if you contact Viberg they would send you some (possibly at a small cost) and you could have your cobbler swap them out.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg Boots