• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Speeding Up Metabolism Question

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I found that high protien low carb works for me

Suits You Sir!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by greg_atlanta
1. eat less 2. eat less 3. eat less
Don't listen to this! It is so wrong, very misleading. Not eating enough will SLOW, not increase your metabolism, serving only to hold onto all your excess fat in places you don't want it, and instead consuming all your muscle hidden underneath. Getting rid of fat requires eating often, eating clean with plenty of protein & low carbs, and a good dose of sweaty exercise thrown in. Simple. Eat every 3hrs in fist sized portions, 5/6 times a day. The weight will come off.

efujobu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Suits You Sir!
Don't listen to this! It is so wrong, very misleading. Not eating enough will SLOW, not increase your metabolism, serving only to hold onto all your excess fat in places you don't want it, and instead consuming all your muscle hidden underneath. Getting rid of fat requires eating often, eating clean with plenty of protein & low carbs, and a good dose of sweaty exercise thrown in. Simple.

Eat every 3hrs in fist sized portions, 5/6 times a day. The weight will come off.

just to add to this..don't skip breakfast!

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Suits You Sir!
Don't listen to this! It is so wrong, very misleading. Not eating enough will SLOW, not increase your metabolism, serving only to hold onto all your excess fat in places you don't want it, and instead consuming all your muscle hidden underneath.

He's 100 lbs+ overweight. He doesn't need another excuse to eat all he wants. He needs to consume fewer calories to lose weight, not load up on protein so he can get pumped at the gym. Your advice is better suited to someone 15-20 lbs overweight.

Cutting alcohol from 2 drinks a day to 2 drinks a week made the biggest difference for me.

cmrocks

Reaction score
I tried an ECA stack once when I wanted to get more cut. It definately worked but it made me feel terrible. I was really jittery all day and wired. I guess that you get used to it after a while but I didn't like the feeling and only stayed on them for about a week.

Opermann

Reaction score
Originally Posted by greg_atlanta
1. eat less
2. eat less
3. eat less

I would disagree with this. Although it WILL result in weight loss, albeit Tom Hanks "Castaway" style
smile.gif

They say that a pound of muscle will burn about 70 additional calories a day. I doubt this is true and constant for everyone, but the point is lifting weights will increase your metabolism quite a bit.

smw356

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DucatiCole
I tried an ECA stack once when I wanted to get more cut. It definately worked but it made me feel terrible. I was really jittery all day and wired. I guess that you get used to it after a while but I didn't like the feeling and only stayed on them for about a week.

Nah you pretty much just feel like **** the whole time, In one my more blatant acts of stupidity I stayed on a ECA stack for a month. Sure it works but it makes you miserable, and its good for maybe 70 calories a day, just moving more is much more pleasant and effective.

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Opermann
Although it WILL result in weight loss, albeit Tom Hanks "Castaway" style
smile.gif

At 100 lbs overweight he's not at risk of a "Castaway" look anytime soon..... and that extra weight limits his exercise options. He can't just go run 2-3 miles a day 5 times a week. Plus, too much exercise will just make him hungry.

J'aimelescravates

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
  1. Drink lots of water
  2. Eat high protein / low fat
  3. Exercise. Any exercise

Is how I would start jumping in to a program to "speed up metabolism".
Let's face it, you're going to have to start exercising. There is no magic pill and crack cocaine is illegal.

emperor3d

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
Take some Green Tea supplements and eat smaller meals more often.

Also exercise and cut out excess sugar and processed foods.

The green tea supplements truly do work. I noticed a huge difference in the amount of weight I was losing whilst on them. This was combined with the usual exercise and dieting I was doing.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by J'aimelescravates
  1. Drink lots of water
  2. Eat high protein / low fat
  3. Exercise. Any exercise

Is how I would start jumping in to a program to "speed up metabolism".
Let's face it, you're going to have to start exercising. There is no magic pill and crack cocaine is illegal.

Actually Adderall will suppress appetite right quick...

But your point about water I think is overlooked by a lot of people trying to lose weight. Water has no ill effects... (unless you binge, alter the pH balance in your body, dilute the blood of salt and die...
smile.gif
< Don't do that.

But seriously, drink a whole ton a water.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emperor3d
The green tea supplements truly do work. I noticed a huge difference in the amount of weight I was losing whilst on them.

Anecdotal evidence is amazing stuff.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sukurabu