• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

RyanLeez0r

Reaction score
wow i'm really anxious about getting my suit now...i hope the pants are too big or have that lapel thing at the back

RyanLeez0r

Reaction score
mickey

did you order your pants with larger measurements? they do not seem as fitted as all the others' pants.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
In the middle pic, should I be able to see that thing peaking out from under the collar?
yea that's odd...is the lapel/collar correctly put down/adjusted? There def shouldnt be any felt sticking out underneath the collar If it is and that's still going on, email me about fixing it for you.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
JC, probably either one of these

blue-ish tweed with red overcheck

or a dark grey mottled appearance tweed

imageshack is down right now so i cant post scans at the mo'

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
ok here ya go

blue tweed w/red overcheck

blueredoverchecktweed10od5.jpg

mottled grey

mottledgreyjl4.jpg

Mookie

Reaction score
So I promised pictures, and here they are.

To start, I ordered a 1 button peak lapel in the standard black wool. I didn't deviate from the house cut much, only asking that it be cut more like the guy in the brown suit than Jason's own suits in the photos. Measurements are my own (mostly) and checked by a friend, so any weirdness on that end is my bad, not TaT.

So here we go!

1002667da1.jpg

Our hosts for this adventure. Note also the awesome teal lining, which will show up in several other photos. HEY GUYS! IT SAYS LOS ANGELES!!! THAT MEANS THESE SUITS ARE MADE IN THE UNITED STATES, RIGHT???

1002668sj6.jpg

The french facing, and a nice touch: the pen pocket, suitably large for cigars, for the tobacco-inclined.

1002664xr0.jpg

This is a pretty nifty unique feature on my suit: two buttons on the sleeves. It gives it a distinctive profile, since most these days use three or four. If I recall correctly, early Brooks Brothers suits were known for their two buttons. The buttons, of course, work. I don't know if that's a TaT style, or just for the one button suit, or what, but I like it, since it helps signal that the suit is a bit different.

1002665nk4.jpg

The lapel. It's somewhat hard to make out the pickstitching, but it is actually quite prominent, and gives the edges of the lapel a nice wavy look that really highlights how the suit is handsewn.

Some photos of the pants fit. For what its worth, I think these came out better fitting than the jacket (but that's because they're simpler), which looks like it has a couple of issues that we'll get to presently:

1002672ad8.jpg

1002673ef1.jpg

Check out ******.

1002674kl0.jpg

1002681re9.jpg

I went for no break, and seem to have almost exactly nailed the inseam length. Also, my cat gets hair every ******* where...

1002682rt6.jpg

Fun fact: the trouser lining is the same as the jacket lining. That's kickass.

Anyway, that's the pants. Let's check out the full suit, since that's what we came here for...

1002675fb3.jpg

The front seems to hang pretty well. Although the jacket seems to billow out toward the bottom, that's more a function of my build than anything else. As you can see in the pants photos, I have pretty significant hips following a narrower waist.

1002678af9.jpg

The suit in profile. I seem to lean a bit in these photos. Or my crappy tripod does. Probably both.

1002677ld1.jpg

Here's where we have some problems, and where some tweaking will help the most. I'm not 100% sure what the issue is, but I think that the bottom of the armholes is sewn on somewhat funky relative to the side-seams for the slim-fitting effect. I think that raising (if possible) the bottom of the armholes an inch or two might fix this. That said, I'd love for input from people who know more about tailoring about how to fix this up. I'm also having my local custom tailor take a look at it, and will report back on what he says.

One other issue: there were a couple of snags/runs in the material. Most of these were really small, and are basically unnoticable after I've shaved them down carefully with a razor, but be careful! They will absolutely ruin the lifespan of your suit if you pull on them incorrectly.

1002670zo0.jpg

Overall impressions: pretty goddamned good. Jason is awesome to work with, and has a pretty kickass and unique style. There's some tweaking to be done, but that's to be expected from mostly self-measurements. Additionally, as I caught with the snags and a couple of unphotographed lining things, there are some stitching/finishing oddities, but those are extremely minor, and are just as likely to be the result of the use I'm going to put this through as front end stuff like this time. (I'm hard on suits).

The material, overall, is very nice, especially for the "basic" one that I chose. A word of advice, though: definitely steam the hell out of it when you get it! I found that, prior to steaming, the wool has an odd rough character to it. I'm not sure what that's from. Afterwards, it loses that feeling entirely, and feels like Super 100s should. It compares favorably to a number of my other suits in a similar price range, which don't have the benefits of (1) MTM and (2) style. Not to mention the all important (3): run by a SF member. I like supporting our own.

Will I be ordering another TaT suit? Oh hell yes. And, at the end of the day, repeat business is the best measure of satisfaction.

And now for the awesome "casual" pose. Note the frogmouth pockets, which I highly recommend everyone give a chance:

1002679cg2.jpg

NOTES:

shirt is a 15.5"x35 slim fit Brooks Brothers
tie is by Zegna; it isn't the super-skinny tie, but the 3" (or so) wide one
Belt by Ferragamo
Monkstraps are Ferragamo Rubens

I typically wear a 44R in off the rack suits. I also have lost a shitload of weight recently (like, "150 pounds" and "10 inches off the waist, 4" off the neck" shitload), and still think of myself as "the fat guy." That makes me love the slim-fitting profile even more, I suspect.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Congrats on losing all that weight! However, I'd hate to rain on the parade. The suit looks like you are wearing your shorter, chubbier uncle's suit.

The pants are too short for how wide they are. Let them down 1" and get the pants slimmed. Looks like they are 0.5"-1" too wide in the cuff and about 1"-1.5" too wide in the thigh.

The jacket needs to be reshaped on the side seams in the back. Also, the sleeves are a bit off in the pitch still. This makes them look billowy, so I would get those sleeves slimmed 1".

The sleeves are a tad short too for those cuffs. Maybe a tighter barrel cuff would improve things, otherwise let them down .25".

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gs - i don't want to seem nitpicky or be debbie downer here, but is it possible to tweak the arm pitch? it seems that all the photos i've seen in this thread have been plagued with too forward of an arm angle. not sure if this is difficult to fix when you slim a suit down too much, or if it's just a factory-adjustable thing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads