Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Jan 12, 2007.

1. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I'm a suit newb. What's the deal with functioning sleeves? The buttons on the jacket sleeve can be unbuttoned and rolled up while most cheaper jackets just have buttons for show? Anyone have a picture that would clarify for me? I tried google images but couldn't find any.
    It does make it harder/more expensive to alter the length of the sleeves, just keep that in mind.

2. mickeymickey

mickeymickey Well-Known Member

Thanks for the picture of the grey wool suit Jason, but do you have any pictures of a suit in the grey windowcheck wool or any of the other wools from Spain? Thanks [​IMG]

3. Souper

Souper Senior member

To those who've purchased TaT before and have some knowledge on the subject of suits, I must ask:

-How willing is TaT to make a more conservative suit. I like the fit and narrow lapels, but picture myself asking for a longer jacket and very ever so slightly thicker lapels because of my build. What type of specifics would I want to ask for?
    -how would you describe the trousers? What are frog mouth pockets?

I will soon be interviewing and as I own no suits, I think this is a great affordable alternative but that as my first and only suit for a while it would need to err on the side of conservative, without being brooks brothers....I cannot see myself feeling confident in a short jacket because of long legs, and would be self conscious of thin lapels. I am 6'0, 185 lbs, and my build isn't the norm of this forum. One might say "why order TaT then?" to which I would answer: I cannot find a good alternative in this price range, and would love to support a styleforum member, whom i feel I would get excellent customer service from.

4. tehbry

tehbry Senior member

send Jason and email and he will gladly work with you. Many people on this forum have requested slight changes to the suit, myself included.

If you are looking for a more conservative look, I would widen the lapels just a tad and lengthen the jacket a few inches. A few smaller things you can discuss with Jason as well.

His email response time is always fast and helpful.

5. djs488

djs488 Senior member

It does make it harder/more expensive to alter the length of the sleeves, just keep that in mind.

it doesn't, however, make impossible, does it? It seems like once you have the button holes there, there is no real way to "sew them up".

6. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

it doesn't, however, make impossible, does it? It seems like once you have the button holes there, there is no real way to "sew them up".
    It's not impossible, they can shorten from the shoulder or sometimes do a slight adjustment beyond the last button. But either way, it's likely to cost you more.

7. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

How much is the standard suit running cost wise now?
    If one were to request slight mods to make it a bit more conservative, is this an additional cost?

I lost a bet and owe someone a suit! I also want to order one for myself.

8. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

whoa, that was post 666!

9. jkennett

jkennett Senior member

east coast to west and back to east. currently res
    You have to alter from the shoulder instead, which is major surgery, and should only be done by a tailor you really trust. damn.... once again i was beaten to the punch.

10. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

To those who've purchased TaT before and have some knowledge on the subject of suits, I must ask:

-How willing is TaT to make a more conservative suit. I like the fit and narrow lapels, but picture myself asking for a longer jacket and very ever so slightly thicker lapels because of my build. What type of specifics would I want to ask for?
    -how would you describe the trousers? What are frog mouth pockets?

I will soon be interviewing and as I own no suits, I think this is a great affordable alternative but that as my first and only suit for a while it would need to err on the side of conservative, without being brooks brothers....I cannot see myself feeling confident in a short jacket because of long legs, and would be self conscious of thin lapels. I am 6'0, 185 lbs, and my build isn't the norm of this forum. One might say "why order TaT then?" to which I would answer: I cannot find a good alternative in this price range, and would love to support a styleforum member, whom i feel I would get excellent customer service from.

Email him but also check out the FAQ on his website
    http://www.thickasthievesla.com/faq.html

It has a section on what you can alter and other helpful info.

11. as343

as343 Active Member

I am not sure if this has been answered previously, but there are too many pages to read though to find out. How much is it for just the suit jacket?

edit: nm i found it

12. Lel

Lel Senior member

Quick question:

Would Thick as Thieves be able to do brass buttons? I'd love to have a more modern take on the classic navy sport coat, along the lines of Band of Outsiders, but without the BoO prices.

13. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

$310 shipped for standard wool

$335 shipped for tweed/flannel

in USA

this need to be quoted often as i keep forgetting the price as well.

14. Coho

Coho Senior member

I think it's now $335 for standard wool...Not sure about the flannel and tweed.

this need to be quoted often as i keep forgetting the price as well.

15. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Jacket only price:

$310 standard wool

$335 flannel and tweed

other surcharge fabrics vary from $340-$385