• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Washington, DC sales

mmhollis

Reaction score
nOVA just wanted to confirm what you saw bro, that chick was FLY and was definitely 'Persian.'

noVA99

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mmhollis
nOVA just wanted to confirm what you saw bro, that chick was FLY and was definitely 'Persian.'

Yeah my insticts were right, but she was sportin' a nice size rock on her finger so I didn't flirt with her...should had dropped some of my elementary Farsi on her
tounge.gif

....some good looking Persian females to check would over in the Tysons area, Tysons I and II malls, they are always shopping over there...;.

noVA99

Reaction score
Off 5th Saks is having their 30% off email coupon only sale, through Sunday....checked out their latest offerings in Potomac Mills, nothing to write home about. Suit selection was ok but I didnt see an abudance of power brands (Canali, Corneliani, Zegna, etc.), those seem to be sporadic at best...., one of the nice sales associates (not the hot Persian unforunately lol) said at the end of this month they will be replenishing their stock of suits with fresh stuff. That will be around the time they have their next big sale event. Tie selection was ok, still a big selection of Versace. Shirt selection was medicore....stopped by Marshalls as well in the Mills....only good thing i saw were those Canali tan houndstooth sports jackets in a few big sizes (46/48, etc) for $499 abd the rest of the selection was junk.

anyone have luck at the Filene's sales??

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by noVA99

anyone have luck at the Filene's sales??

Picked up a nice Hickey Freeman for $450. Not a fantastic deal but a nice suit in my size, and my first HF. Last sale I found some G Vasta suits for $500. I really liked them. I have to stop going there ...

WestIndianArchie

Reaction score
@ The Filene's on F Street, btwn 13 and 14th.

Shirt wise - Missioni, Massimo Cecchini (60), Valentino (80),

Ties - I saw 1 Canali for 50 (and a good # of dkny, bcbg, calvin kleins that I would have bought @ Macy's - ~20)

Suits - I didn't see much in the 42L section

I'm going to check out Conn Ave today @ lunch

WestIndianArchie

Reaction score
Hit the Filene's on Friday.

- lots more suits. I put on a nice HSMarx and a really good looking Fezza, but alas I need to lose a few to fit the pants
frown.gif

- Ties - a lot of Versace, but not as good as last time I went to Off5th @ woodbridge
- Shirts - the F Street store is lit so much better, and they had the Valentino/Missioni/Cecchini's highlighted well

I also strolled up to Thomas Pink. My guy was there, but I can't really justify spending 150-180 on a shirt that may end up going on sale for 60.

And just to contradict myself, I got a nice pink shirt @ Daddy and Son. I'll upload that into the folded shirt pr0n thread later.

noVA99

Reaction score
hit the Nord Rack in Sterling today. There was a sign on the doors saying they are getting new stuff in on March 18....keep that date in your books....dunno if that extends to all the Nord Rack in the DC area...they still have quite a selection of Zegna, Canali and HF suits but mostly in big sizes (44,46, etc)....tie selection ws depressing, dress shirt selection was ok but not much "power brands" like Canali etc.....shoe selection sucked...

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That notice about March 18 delivery is on the website too.

I went to the FB in Rockville today (at Mid-Pike Plaza). Total waste of time. I found one tie I quite liked and--literally--nothing else.

Nord. Rack in Rockville/Gaithersburg is also a waste of time. Shirts can be had if you feel like digging through a pile, but they are few and far between.

Neither is really worth one's time if you have access to any of the FBs in DC.

b

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808

I went to the FB in Rockville today (at Mid-Pike Plaza). Total waste of time. I found one tie I quite liked and--literally--nothing else.

b

Yes, this one had so much promise. When they opened they got shipments of the highend stuff just like the other ones but as time went on they got less and less and now it appears they will just be getting the standard FB "filler" and no highend at all.

tehbry

Reaction score
Any insight on the stock that the FB in Tysons usually holds?

noVA99

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tehbry
Any insight on the stock that the FB in Tysons usually holds?

at any one time from when I went in the past, they always have a large selection of Luciano Barbera suits, about a dozen or so Oxxfords and Hickey Freemans, and they recently got some of those fake ass Zegna Traveler suits and Hugo Boss....most of the other suits are Calvin klein, Bill Blass, Green label Polo, etc...stuff you can find at a Macy's. The tie selection can be hit or miss, the only power brand I saw there was Versace but the selection is slim from my past visits. The dress shirt selection at any one time is ok but they dont carry any power brands like Borrelli, just those other Italian names like Missoni(??) and the other two I cant remember. Then you have the standard Polo (non Purple/Black Label) dress shirts, Joey Aboud, etc.

I would think the Tysons store would carry more high power brands, otherwise it's just another Macy's.

ColeFieldHouse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by noVA99
I would think the Tysons store would carry more high power brands, otherwise it's just another Macy's.

That's Tysons for you.

Mentos

Reaction score
BB is doing some sort of 15% off sale this weekend. I think it's 25% if you have their silly credit card. I wouldn't point it out except that it's still pretty early in the spring to be unloading merch (I guess a recession'll do that), so there's plenty of good clothing available in all sizes if you need to shop for the upcoming season.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, DSW on Old Georgetown Rd/Democracy in what is that, Bethesda?, has a number of differen Allen Edmonds. A couple split-toes, the Dryden, and some slip-ons, I think. The Drydens were 199 if memory serves. Many sizes.

Many sizes, because the guys that were in the store were passing by them and picking up the Stacey Adams and Ken Coles, etc. Ugh.

b

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads