• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unexpected encounters with celebrities

modsquad

Reaction score
After 15 pages it's finally occurred to me to ask. Anybody ever go to bed with a celebrity?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by modsquad
After 15 pages it's finally occurred to me to ask. Anybody ever go to bed with a celebrity?

Define celebrity.

modsquad

Reaction score
OK. Being famous through a reality TV show doesn't count. No Survivor contestants, in other words, although they do come across as easy. She (or he) has to be known in some circles for some sort of accomplishment that some type of media pays attention to. Local newsbabe, member in a band known to the cogniscenti (drummer for The Muffs, say), an actress with a small speaking roles in a couple of indie films all count as does, obviously, a close encounter of the best kind with a household name.

Why do you ask, pray tell?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Okay...** with the drummer of an Emo (I guess?) band and a fashion designer here or there.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In 1994, Spaulding Gray signed a 1 Pakistani Rupee note I used to carry around in my wallet.

modsquad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Okay...** with the drummer of an Emo (I guess?) band and a fashion designer here or there.

I forgot to say that the celebrity has to be named or they are just regular ol' anonymous people and not celebrities.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Well the drummer is from Something Corporate and that was Freshmen year of college before they were THAT big of a deal (not sure how big of a deal they ever came).

This is still a fashion board and I won't name names in terms of the others; but, I'm fine with that. Don't need to provide deposit anything into your spank bank.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
I forgot to say that the celebrity has to be named or they are just regular ol' anonymous people and not celebrities.

I think an exception needs to be made for married individuals. I got lucky with a local newscaster, but she was married. Anne Rice's son wanted to get lucky with me, but I declined. He was really drunk and kinda got insulting about it at the end.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Thom Browne?

Jon.

If that ever happened, SoCal's head (yes, both) would effing explode. I'm talking splitting atoms explosion. He'd probably start speaking like Billy Bob Thornton in "Slingblade" just from the sheer amazement.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
I think an exception needs to be made for married individuals. I got lucky with a local newscaster, but she was married. Anne Rice's son wanted to get lucky with me, but I declined. He was really drunk and kinda got insulting about it at the end.

We need to hang out, you seem to lead a very interesting life
smile.gif

Ron Jeremy's looks are not what made him famous.

modsquad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Don't need to provide deposit anything into your spank bank.

It's just gossip, there's no need to take a gratuitous dig at me. You didn't have to post if you didn't want to.

Nick

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Frankly I've met Thom Browne now and then and I need good teeth to turn me on...also height helps.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
My family used to go to Park City to ski in the winter and the place just crawled with celebs. We regularly saw Arnold Schwarzenegger, Danny Devito and Rhea Perlman (super nice people and family!), Michelle Pfeiffer
inlove.gif
, etc.

Once had a drink with actor/director Peter Berg over a great hour long conversation. He asked what I did and I mentioned I was an i-banker at the time so he had a ton of basic financial questions. Late 90s in the village at some luxury hotel in Soho.

Used to see many actresses in my old West Village neighorhood. I was on Waverly between 6th and Christopher and a few moved into the neighborhood. It was a very nice street. Our slumlord cashed out and made a fortune on his townhomes.

Jenna Bush was at a local bookstore recently. She is gorgeous.
inlove.gif

On a trip to Milan once I stayed in the Four Seasons and Princess Fergie was there with her Italian boyfriend having lunch at the next table.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
It's just gossip, there's no need to take a gratuitous dig at me. You didn't have to post if you didn't want to.

Nick

Lighten up. We're talking about sex here with people who normally wouldn't get much if they didn't have some sort of "fame".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads