• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'd Forgotten What It Was Like to Have Intelligent, Articulate Leaders

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Bill Clinton came to Brandeis today to speak about his friend Eli Segal, the founder of Americorps, and about the idea of service, private citizens and corporations serving the public good and ideas like microlending and corporate responsibility. I was amazed by the clear, compelling way he spoke, the numerous statistics he had to back his thesis and the organization with which he presented his ideas.

Say what you will about his moral failings or his politics, that man knows how to speak and get an idea across. I haven't seen a political speech that good in person in my lifetime.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But he lied about the **, dude. Don't you get it?! He sold his country down the toilet for a little cigar 'n thong action....

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
Bill Clinton came to Brandeis today to speak about his friend Eli Segal, the founder of Americorps, and about the idea of service, private citizens and corporations serving the public good and ideas like microlending and corporate responsibility. I was amazed by the clear, compelling way he spoke, the numerous statistics he had to back his thesis and the organization with which he presented his ideas.

Say what you will about his moral failings or his politics, that man knows how to speak and get an idea across. I haven't seen a political speech that good in person in my lifetime.

+1. I used to always cringe when Bush would speak at the same press conference as Tony Blair. The contrast was so painful. I think a lot of his success comes from being an intelligent, articulate, pragmatic liberal leader who was held in balance by a conservative Congress.
I think Bush is intelligent but certainly not intelletcual, not articulate, not very pragmatic, and not kept in check (at least in his first few years).

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
+1. I used to always cringe when Bush would speak at the same press conference as Tony Blair. The contrast was so painful. I think a lot of his success comes from being an intelligent, articulate, pragmatic liberal leader who was held in balance by a conservative Congress.
I think Bush is intelligent but certainly not intelletcual, not articulate, not very pragmatic, and not kept in check (at least in his first few years).

Did you ever see that debate he did as gov. of texas? It was like watching a different person.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clinton was a natural. Despite what you think about their politics, Bush and Clinton are worlds apart when it comes to political talent. Ironically, I think some of Bush's success is because he stood in contrast to Clinton in terms of polish and eloquence.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's the one.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's probably reading the teleprompter

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
President Clinton in my humble opinion, was one of the best presidents in the history of the United States. Say what you will about his morality (or apparent lack thereof) but purely politically, there is no doubt in my mind that he goes down as one of the best. Not to mention the entire last two years of his presidency were useless, b/c everybody was too caught up in the Lewinsky thing to actually get any work done. Clinton cared about the environment, the world, the United States, & it's citizens, and what more could you ask for?

I believe one of the reasons Clinton was so great a president was b/c of Congress being held in the majority by the opposite party. I don't believe it matters whether it's Clinton and a Republican Congress or whether it is a Republican with a Democrat Congress, there needs to be that separation. For the beginning of Bush's presidency, he had majority Republican Congress, and look what happened as a result. Lately, we've had the luck of having a Democrat Congress and a Republican President, but sadly the Congress have been far too timid to make any positive change.

Obviously, I think that Clinton was a better president than Bush, but more importantly, I believe that there must always be that separation of one party having the Presidency and the other party have control of Congress. One might say that in that position, nothing would ever get done, but I feel that it is quite the contrary. With the Executive branch and the Legislative branch being on polar opposites of the political spectrum, I believe the only laws that will get passed will be the ones that those two sides can come together on, which is best for the American people.

Better yet would be to get a candidate who understands that the world is not about politics, but about people. One who understands that each party cannot fight for what they think is right, but they must come together to work toward the future that we all will share.

You can ask a Republican what he wants to see the United States like in 15 years and you will get answer "A". You can ask a Democrat the same question and you will get answer "A" as well. 15 years down the road, we all want the same things for our country, our children, and our futures. The only difference is that we have different ways of getting there.

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
clinton was always a good speaker, smooth with words and oozing of confidence. It was a part of his charm. As someone already said, Bush has a brash way of doing things in stark contrast to Clinton, and that actually got him brownie points for being a real Texan.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by feynmix
clinton was always a good speaker, smooth with words and oozing of confidence. It was a part of his charm. As someone already said, Bush has a brash way of doing things in stark contrast to Clinton, and that actually got him brownie points for being a real Texan.

Real Texan = mentally marsupialed?

Jon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads