• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

djtracer21

Reaction score
just a bump on this thread and I apologize if this question has been asked already but... are the trousers pleated? flat fronts? other style?

if not flat fronts...can it be specified as such?

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by djtracer21
just a bump on this thread and I apologize if this question has been asked already but... are the trousers pleated? flat fronts? other style?

if not flat fronts...can it be specified as such?

they're flat

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Any orders placed as of *right now 12/4 9:30am* will not ship until after I get back from Europe on the 8th

A few orders were taken in today that have a 50/50 chance of shipping before I leave, but with the current queue anything from this point forward will not ship before 12/21

No exceptions so please don't ask if I can squeeze you in the last 2007 shipment if you havent already placed an order

thanks

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I received my Tat navy blue 2-button today and I honestly don't think it could be any more perfect.
worship.gif

Right out of the box, I threw it on and felt like a million bucks. The fabric's texture speaks "quality" and the color is exactly what I wanted. The jacket is absolutely phenomenal; I doubted my measurements at times, but down to the 1/4" the piece is absolutely spot-on. (At least I'm pretty sure anyway; I'll have to post on the WAYWN and see what the wolves have to say.) I'm going to be very tempted to wear the jacket alone with my black Svens for the odd night on the town. The pants are beautiful as well on first inspection in the mirror. Trim, but thankfully in no way ball-hugging. I can't wait to see/feel the trousers float in stride.

For the record, I had the jacket lengthened a touch, the lapels widened a touch, and the ankle-hem widened a touch. Next time around I will be looking for something perhaps a bit more "modern" and might revert to the Jason defaults but I truly love the sleek, yet sophisticated look of this suit.

Thank-you Jason for the outstanding quality/service at a price that will have me coming back for more before Spring.

...this whole process truly was a pleasure.

Any suggestions for a next fabric? Anything in charcoal/grey that is visually interesting? (If not, I love that PoW that you recently acquired.)

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
cheers!

that dark "nailhead on crack" is really f'ing cool. Just sent off a finished suit in it and if you want a mix of visually interesting but yet subtle, that's the one.

15DollarMan

Reaction score
I've only read about 15 pages of this thread so far, but I have to ask...

Do you do a Button Fly?

Do you do a belt-loop less waist with suspender buttons/fishtail?

Sorry if they have been answered before (maybe an updated FAQ on Page 1 of 65!!! would help...).
laugh.gif

Thanks, great looking suits, wonderful price (less than my first OTR monstruosity).

Congrats on your success GET SMART!!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GS, did you ever get that jacket in, the one with the less rounded front quarters? i am interested to see what it would look like!

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1. I agree with Walter and maybe the house jacket may be too short for interview or professional purposes. Law is more trendy so perhaps these suits will do fine. However, if Jason can accommodate a slightly longer jacket length, I'd happily go for one down the road. They all look nice...but I still think the jacket is perhaps too short and fashion-forward. Of course, I may be wrong and the shorter cuts might be here to stay.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by water
Alright, I am back to thinking about getting a TaT suit.

I have always wanted a slim suit and believe a TaT constructed on slightly more "conservative" (i.e., slightly looser and a little longer) lines should be perfect. I am thinking a 60s Savile Row look.

What I do not understand is why people around this board seem to suggest a TaT whenever someone is looking for a "fun" suit, but never when someone wants a "serious" suit? I want one that looks good whatever the situation and will continue to do so for years. Job interview. Night out. Business meeting. Whatever. Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can someone post closeups of the buttons and buttons on sleeve cuff? GS, do you use the same buttons for all fabrics or do you customize? Also, what lining fabrics do you use? I'd like something special but don't have any way of attaining quality buttons and lining fabric . any chance of doing the side fastening system rather belt loops? Not sure of the name but I'd like those. Thanks GS and anyone who can help.
smile.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Yea the jacket length is easy to lengthen from the "house style"

and I use either a greyish horn button for most suits, or if they need brown buttons I use a brown horn button

and yes I can put on side tabs instead of loops

Stick....I'll try to shoot a pic. it's not that much different, just slightly more squared off around the front quarter

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my light grey flannel trousers and they're sick.

They're getting hemmed, no slack, 2 inch cuffs. I wasn't sure about my inseam so I chose this route. The tailor I went to is in crystal city, close to Denim Bar. He worked in London for 15 years tailoring and has written two books. He chalked the front, wrote 6 inches on the leg, and that was that. Nothing else. He's slick as hell.

Jason,
Have you seen the thom browne black fleece collection? Do you have any trousers in that color grey? It's lighter than this

Sartorially Challenged

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cldpsu
The tailor I went to is in crystal city, close to Denim Bar. He worked in London for 15 years tailoring and has written two books. He chalked the front, wrote 6 inches on the leg, and that was that. Nothing else. He's slick as hell.
Would you care to share the name of the tailor?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey getsmart, i'll be in LA on saturday, you're probably not working? i wanted to get measured for a suit....if not, that's cool.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads