• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vvoc
do you guys wear belts with your TaT suits? or go beltless? i kind of like the beltless look and have seen it on worn a lot, looks clean...but dont want to look unfinished either...opinions?

If there are loops, there is a belt
smile.gif

freelance robotics

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
fabrics are in October blog entries

no, I don't plan on making 3 piece suits. why? because I don't wear them and I only make things *I* would wear

:shock:

this is a tragedy. how can you not love a good waistcoat? and what will it take to convert you?

Synrax

Reaction score
I prefer going beltless to minimize horizontal breaks plus my clothes fit me well so belts don't add any functionality for me. I will wear a belt for formal or conservative events.

water

Reaction score
Alright, I am back to thinking about getting a TaT suit.

I have always wanted a slim suit and believe a TaT constructed on slightly more "conservative" (i.e., slightly looser and a little longer) lines should be perfect. I am thinking a 60s Savile Row look.

What I do not understand is why people around this board seem to suggest a TaT whenever someone is looking for a "fun" suit, but never when someone wants a "serious" suit? I want one that looks good whatever the situation and will continue to do so for years. Job interview. Night out. Business meeting. Whatever. Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I tend to think that a lot of guys over-estimate how "conservative" a suit needs to be for work, interviews, & "serious" environments. True, some work enviro's might have a critical eye on thin lapels etc (like uber conservative lawfirms), but it's not like everyone in a suit workplace are all wearing "Attolini" or "Brioni", and most are probably wearing Macys or Mens Wearhouse. So I never understood why it's ok to have an oversized bad looking suit, but somehow you'll get a critical eye on you if you're wearing a slimmer/fitted suit (??) with god forbid a slim lapel and shorter jacket. Besides, with how sloppy guys are dressed in the workplace these days, you'd think *any* suit would be a step ahead.

I have a very defined "house style" that I prefer not to deviate from, and I think the results look best when the buyer doesnt. I do get requests to make what ultimately ends up looking like anything else OTR, which I don't get since the pictures that probably inspired the person to contact me are my house style photos, but do accomodate as it's easy enough to do.

bye4now122

Reaction score
I was thinking about emailing but figured I'd just post in this thread. Is there any way you could give me a ballpark estimate on a suit? I don't have my full measurements other than I'm about a 35 inch waist, wear a 42 inch jacket, about a 30inch inseam and currently am wearing size 33 in APC New Standards.

I need a solid Dark Navy suit badly, and I'm going to get one for christmas but need to figoure out from where. By ballpark I mean like will it be around $400 or like $1200?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I'm on vacation from Dec 22nd-Jan8th

any orders placed/paid for by mid next week will be guaranteed to ship to you before I leave. Order placed after, say, next Wed might not get shipped until I am back in Jan 2008.

The new Vneck sweaters I'm told will be all done and in my hands by around Dec 15th....I'll prolly make some kind of package deal if you get both colorways or also the cardigan. Price for cotton vneck tennis sweater will be $90 shipped CONUS (+15 overseas) and will be in the steel blue/grey base I showed already in photos or navy blue. Both base colorways have the same burgundy/black/white trimming around neck, sleeves and waist.

dphi

Reaction score
Hey Jason, did you happen to get my email I sent on the 18th (from mikeherrera @ gmail.com)? I'm ready to make payment on that suit, especially if it means being shipped out before Christmas. Thanks!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Jason, if i need a suit by the 3rd of february, when is the last day i could hit you up? Probably in the next week or two right? I was thinking a medium gray suit, similar to the brian_sd one that i could wear to a wedding and then future interviews/suit occasions.

Sometime by end of december is enough time

Originally Posted by dphi
Hey Jason, did you happen to get my email I sent on the 18th (from mikeherrera @ gmail.com)? I'm ready to make payment on that suit, especially if it means being shipped out before Christmas. Thanks!

lemme check right now and I'll email you back

futumpsh

Reaction score
jay , me old fruit , have you checked the spencer hart website , seen the last two suits on the top row !
worship.gif

are you ever gonna offer some nice n shiny superfine wool/ kid mohair mixes ??

id defo order another one of your suits if you had some dark navy or midnight blue shiny **** !

love n lollipops ... gaz.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
cheers gaz....I only have dark navy or midnite blue in flannel, not kidmohair. Can get some tho from HST

and yea Spencer Hart is supreme!

futumpsh

Reaction score
well , ive found a tailor that constructs a garment to my statisfaction (no fusing) and he finishes (fells) for a a famous savile row house , so ....

im gonna drop that black suit design on him . one button , ridiculously slim peak lapel yada yada but i MUST be careful in my slection of cloth for this next project.

being one button with a peak lapel in black runs the risk of looking like a tuxedo so im gonna select a far out black cloth with tonnes of lustre .

crisp white shirt , dark tie with an understated/interesting pattern and a black suit. i hope i dont look like im going to a funeral or dinner party heh.

gonna have to bling this thing up within reason.

oh i think i just *** !

skinnypeakblkzt1.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads