• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Yea the jacket length is easy to lengthen from the "house style"

and I use either a greyish horn button for most suits, or if they need brown buttons I use a brown horn button

and yes I can put on side tabs instead of loops

Stick....I'll try to shoot a pic. it's not that much different, just slightly more squared off around the front quarter

thanks! my first suit's jacket was a bit too short to have such rounded quarters, making it look a bit like a woman's jacket. i'm hoping that my next TaT suit (yes, there will be a second!) won't have such a problem.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
All suits ordered/paid by Dec 4th will ship by this friday latest. guaranteed.

I'll be rampaging thru Europe from this weekend until Jan 8th so it'll be doubtful I'll answer anyone's emails during that time so any questions, issues, or orders will not be addressed until I get back. So hopefully if you have something that needs to be resolved during that time you can wait til after the 8th to email me.

This friday the 21st will be the last day I check my email so any questions need to be sent by then if you want a prompt answer.

thanks again, it was a great first year for Thick as Thieves and I appreciate everyone's support.

merry Xmas & happy new years!

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much does a TaT sportscoat usually cost?

Ringo

Reaction score
Jason,

Would you by any chance be willing to sell customers enough fabric to have a pair of pants made, particularly in situations where someone wants a cut that's different enough from what you offer, or if someone wants to add some specific characteristics to the pant that are not easily described over the internet? If so, how much would you charge for standard wool and flannel to cover the needs of someone who needs pants in a slim to regluar fit, 32 x 32?

the etruscan

Reaction score
Does anyone know the current turn-around time (once Jason is back from vacation)?

drexl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by the etruscan
Does anyone know the current turn-around time (once Jason is back from vacation)?

He mentioned around 3 weeks earlier in the thread, but I ordered on the 4th and it was out the door today (so about 2 1/2 weeks in my case).

tedbearz

Reaction score
Does anyone know if TAT will measure in person? LA, NY etc. Would love to purchase a suit but a little apprehensive on doing self measurements.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tedbearz
Does anyone know if TAT will measure in person? LA, NY etc. Would love to purchase a suit but a little apprehensive on doing self measurements.
I'm pretty sure I remember Jason saying he will do it in LA if your there, but I don't think he travels and does measurements like say, a W.W. Chan does. You can have a tailor you trust do them for you, a lot of people go that route.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, Please post the followings so future buyers can share the same happiness than you're feeling right now: 1. Fabric 2. Suit Style 3. Fit 4. Your overall impressions 5. Tons of Pics Everyone on SF would appreciate your contribution my good man.
worship.gif
Originally Posted by andrew.cmyk
My suit came in today and I couldn't be happier! Very nice work.

fashion_newbie

Reaction score
How would you go up to a tailor you are not giving any business to and ask them to measure you? Just curious, not that I have a tailor in Chicago yet anyways.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fashion_newbie
How would you go up to a tailor you are not giving any business to and ask them to measure you? Just curious, not that I have a tailor in Chicago yet anyways.

Just explain to them the situation and ask what they would charge. It's not going to be free, so you shouldn't feel bad about it.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fashion_newbie

you could always bring in something cheap to alter, and say "by the way, i'm getting a very very expensive tux made for my wedding, would you mind measuring me real quick?" or some similar lie.
devil.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads