• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unexpected encounters with celebrities

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I'm assuming you mean that literally, like in a slumber party.

You've been hanging around Conne too long. You're infected.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And aside from meeting Mystery, I briefly spoke to and shook hands with Dick Cheney. He was kinda lame.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
I have no idea about the rest, but you may know Frank Zappa as Dweezil & Moon Unit's dad. Leader of the Mothers of Invention, and one of the iconic figures in rock 'n roll and 20th century American music:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Zappa

Steve Earle ain't hip hop, but he's made some fine music nonetheless. He's a great personality and an inspiration to many for his perseverance and unwillingness to compromise his principles.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Earle
Attachment 7293

I do know Frank and Dweezil, never figured out what, if anything, Moon Unit has done.

Didn't Steve Earle do a Toyota commercial or something, "unwillingness to compromise his principles"
confused.gif

Originally Posted by TheHoff
Click at your own risk. I think the method is to blend in with the women so you take them by surprise with **********.

Which plastic surgeon attached a penis to Mystery?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
And aside from meeting Mystery, I briefly spoke to and shook hands with Dick Cheney. He was kinda lame.

How did you know? Did you shake it?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Which plastic surgeon attached a penis to Mystery?

As lame as he appears (and he does appear lame) - and as much as I disagree with his method - girls love him. I've seen it first person.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I do know Frank and Dweezil, never figured out what, if anything, Moon Unit has done.

Didn't Steve Earle do a Toyota commercial or something, "unwillingness to compromise his principles"
confused.gif

So you do know who they are?
confused.gif
Don't know about the car commercial, but he does have five ex-wives - alimony can do things to a man's soul.....
frown.gif

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ran into Stephen Root (Jimmy James from 'Newsradio' and Milton from 'Office Space') on the street in NYC about a year ago. I just gave him a quick "Hey, Mr. Root -- I really like your work," and he seemed genuinely appreciative. Total luck that I actually remembered his name -- he's probably tired of hearing "Hey... it's Milton!".

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quirk
I ran into Stephen Root (Jimmy James from 'Newsradio' and Milton from 'Office Space') on the street in NYC about a year ago. I just gave him a quick "Hey, Mr. Root -- I really like your work," and he seemed genuinely appreciative. Total luck that I actually remembered his name -- he's probably tired of hearing "Hey... it's Milton!".

I actually got to eat dinner with the guy. I used to run my father's rare bookstore and I was appraising the estate of the father of a married couple (the wife) who were good friends of Steve's (that sentence is horrible). He was in town and we all ate dinner at the couple's house. Great time. It was really cool, he's very, very intelligent and absolutely hilarious.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I don't get starstruck and most likely I won't even recognize the person as you will see below in one encounter.

Childhood:
Clint Eastwood: Was the mayor of Carmel and a friend of my grandfather's.
George Bush Sr.: PGA Pro-Am hand shake
John Madden: Same golf tourney; but, almost hit me with a golf cart
John Pisto: Personal dinner from him if you consider regional celeb chefs a big deal
College:
Something's Corporate: made out with the drummer and the rest of the brand crashed in our dorm suite
Dennis Franz, David Crosby: Random places around town (Santa Barbara)
Stephen Hawking: Watched him scoot by during a visit to the Engineering dept
Los Angeles:
Paris Hilton and Cheech: at Mr. Chow on the same night
The girl from That 70s Show and I think she does the voice for Meg on Family Guy...she was next to me in line at The Coffee Bean and I was talking to her about how we should just walk out as they gave us our drinks before they took our money and walked away.
Kanye West: Didn't move out of the little *****'s way when he was throwing a hissy fit in LV
Diana Ross: Elevator with her at Saks
Jack from Will & Grace: Saw him bargain cashmere sweater shopping at Saks
Larry King: Nearly ran over 2x the same morning
David Spade: Washing my hands at Sushi Roku with him right next to me and had no idea until someone said something when he left
Miuccia Prada: Smiled at me while walking on Rodeo
The Hogans: Same cocktail table area at an Ed Hardy party
Russel Crowe: On Rodeo but didn't want to look him in the eye
Matt Dillon: He bought the Thom Browne suit I had on hold!!
Andy Dick: Drunk at Tigerheat
The guy from Survivor that dated Lance Bass: Gave me a drink ticket at Here
Alanis Morisette: Urth on Melrose
Many others I can't think of.

New York
Thom Browne: talked at the BF trunk show and then at Bette
Tinsley Mortimer, Ivana Trump, Malan Bretton-Austin Scarlett-Jay from Project Runway, Tory Burch, Iman, Damon Dash, Valentino, Marlo Thomas, Raf Simons, Michael Stipe, Amy lick-my-Sacco, Robert Cavalli
Pete Wentz: Hit on me at Manor
Michael Bastian: various occasions
Lewis Black: Elevator in his building which I was viewing an apartment in
Debbie Harry: Lives in the same apt building as my friend (London Terrace)
Sharon Osbourne: Escalator in Barneys and then talked with her about Valextra for 2 min

RYAN GOSLING:....oh wait, that is who everyone says I look like.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was strolling through the Las Vegas airport about two years ago and looked over to a practically empty gate. Penn and Teller were standing there talking to some dude. I waved to Teller and he waved back with a smile.

Saw Edie Falco through the window of some boutique on Madison this past summer.

There are others, but I can't really remember.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kanye West sat two seats behind me on a Washington-Miami flight not too long ago.

I was strolling through the Las Vegas airport about two years ago and looked over to a practically empty gate. Penn and Teller were standing there talking to some dude. I waved to Teller and he waved back with a smile.
Haha, I never even thought about them. Considering how much I passed through McCarran Airport when I lived in LV I'm surprised I didn't see them there.

JB

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I don't get starstruck and most likely I won't even recognize the person as you will see below in one encounter.

Childhood:
Clint Eastwood: Was the mayor of Carmel and a friend of my grandfather's.
George Bush Sr.: PGA Pro-Am hand shake
John Madden: Same golf tourney; but, almost hit me with a golf cart
John Pisto: Personal dinner from him if you consider regional celeb chefs a big deal
College:
Something's Corporate: made out with the drummer and the rest of the brand crashed in our dorm suite
Dennis Franz, David Crosby: Random places around town (Santa Barbara)
Stephen Hawking: Watched him scoot by during a visit to the Engineering dept
Los Angeles:
Paris Hilton and Cheech: at Mr. Chow on the same night
The girl from That 70s Show and I think she does the voice for Meg on Family Guy...she was next to me in line at The Coffee Bean and I was talking to her about how we should just walk out as they gave us our drinks before they took our money and walked away.
Kanye West: Didn't move out of the little *****'s way when he was throwing a hissy fit in LV
Diana Ross: Elevator with her at Saks
Jack from Will & Grace: Saw him bargain cashmere sweater shopping at Saks
Larry King: Nearly ran over 2x the same morning
David Spade: Washing my hands at Sushi Roku with him right next to me and had no idea until someone said something when he left
Miuccia Prada: Smiled at me while walking on Rodeo
The Hogans: Same cocktail table area at an Ed Hardy party
Russel Crowe: On Rodeo but didn't want to look him in the eye
Matt Dillon: He bought the Thom Browne suit I had on hold!!
Andy Dick: Drunk at Tigerheat
The guy from Survivor that dated Lance Bass: Gave me a drink ticket at Here
Alanis Morisette: Urth on Melrose
Many others I can't think of.

New York
Thom Browne: talked at the BF trunk show and then at Bette
Tinsley Mortimer, Ivana Trump, Malan Bretton-Austin Scarlett-Jay from Project Runway, Tory Burch, Iman, Damon Dash, Valentino, Marlo Thomas, Raf Simons, Michael Stipe, Amy lick-my-Sacco
Pete Wentz: Hit on me at Manor
Michael Bastian: various occasions
Lewis Black: Elevator in his building which I was viewing an apartment in
Debbie Harry: Lives in the same apt building as my friend (London Terrace)
Sharon Osbourne: Escalator in Barneys and then talked with her about Valextra for 2 min

RYAN GOSLING:....oh wait, that is who everyone says I look like.

For someone who doesn't get star struck...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics