• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unexpected encounters with celebrities

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It really doesn't seem like a thread about bragging to me as much as it is a strange cultural phenomenon...

I met (wouldn't say know as I was very young at the time) a good number of the older generation of Hollywood celebrities, but can't think of any of the current crop which I have had any personal contact with.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
I love that on this forum, where everyone has a 140+ IQ, 10 inch flaccid dick, and a rolodex of super models they've had sex with.

Well, truth be told, I don't know my IQ, it's only 8 inches flaccid and no rolodex, just 5 models.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I live in LA and you see actors everywhere. Here's a list of people I've either seen while at the dog park or just walking my dog:

Debra Messing
Ellen Pompeo
Jake Gyllenhall
Kirsten Dunst (I see her everywhere actually)
Patrick Depsey
Jay Mohr
Punky Brewster (Soleil Moon Frye)
Minnie Driver
The woman who plays the evil admiral in Battlestar Galactica
Drew Barrymore
Jason Priestly
Sandra Bullock

I'd say my dog has sniffed just about every crotch on that list, for real (like all Ridgebacks, he's a compulsive crotch sniffer).
He's The Mack.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I do know Frank and Dweezil, never figured out what, if anything, Moon Unit has done.

Didn't Steve Earle do a Toyota commercial or something, "unwillingness to compromise his principles"
confused.gif

Which plastic surgeon attached a penis to Mystery?

Wrong Steve Earle. He didn't do a Toyota commercial. I mean, how effective could he be as a spokesman if you didn't know who he was?

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
I

I'd say my dog has sniffed just about every crotch on that list, for real (like all Ridgebacks, he's a compulsive crotch sniffer).

As with your taste in clothes and art, I admire your taste in dogs. It's also comforting to know that it's not just our ridgeback (he's a pound foundling so the precise genetic mix is a mystery, but he's obviously mostly if not entirely ridgeback) that does that. Aside from that occasionally embarrasing habit, wonderful dogs.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Question: Do you go out of your way to look like a prick?
I do, occasionally. Not everyone is a natural like you Socal

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
Probably because you need to get over yourself.

Why would I do that? Should I fawn over every celebrity instead? Be impressed I met some guy who does a job that I don't? Get a picture with them I can post on Facebook?

Whatever. Get excited to any degree you want. I don't watch The Soup and I could care less if the guy sitting next to me in a bar is George Clooney or George Clompus from down the street. Same difference.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gorgekko
I don't watch The Soup
You should - it's pretty funny actually

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
I actually got to eat dinner with the guy. I used to run my father's rare bookstore and I was appraising the estate of the father of a married couple (the wife) who were good friends of Steve's (that sentence is horrible). He was in town and we all ate dinner at the couple's house. Great time. It was really cool, he's very, very intelligent and absolutely hilarious.
Nice. I also met Diana Krall a couple times at gigs years ago -- shy, sweet and very hot. And Paul Simon (singer/songwriter, not Senator) many years ago at Lord & Taylor. And yeah, I asked for his autograph -- he's Paul Simon! If you spend any significant amount of time in NYC, non-interactive sightings are too numerous to mention.

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I do, occasionally. Not everyone is a natural like you Socal
Without taking sides... objectively, on the merits, that is classic.
worship.gif

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you recall if the shoes were nice!!!!

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
The basketball thread reminds me of a few athletes I've gotten to meet (sorry, I usually just don't think of sports when browsing this site).

I've played pickup basketball games with/against:
Bob Sura, Michael Boulware, Kenyan Weeks, Peter Warrick, Ron Dugans, Laverneaus Coles, Warren Sapp (an absolute asshole to play against, but still somehow likeable), Roy Jones, Jr., Matt Geiger, and Dwayne Schnitzius.

Played intramurals with/against - Sebastian Janikowski (we were teammates - believe every crazy story you ever hear about him), Anquan Boldin, Chris Weinke, Alex Barron, Corey Simon, Marvin Minnis.
Also have gotten to chat with Bobby Bowden a couple of times.

Also, had a girlfriend leave me for a player for the (Devil) Rays. Made the parting a lot easier to take, actually.

Once bumped into Randy "Macho Man" Savage coming out of the movies once. Really nice guy.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
or David Crosby as I love CSN & somtimes Y) who I saw.
CSN(Y) has been my favorite band for as long as I can remember. Stop stalking me!

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
CSN(Y) has been my favorite band for as long as I can remember. Stop stalking me!
I have met Neil Young many times. He several blocks away when I was growing up, and up until last year had an apartment one floor below my mother's in San Francisco. Very nice guy.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I have met Neil Young many times. He several blocks away when I was growing up, and up until last year had an apartment one floor below my mother's in San Francisco.

Very nice guy.

Ran in to a local celeb while visisting the SF MOMA(I think). We were in an exhibit that had a wooden table/slab made out of some unique kind of wood on display. Lots of people peering closely. As I leaned forward to take a look I noticed a hand directly across from me slowly rubbing the grain. What struck me was the way the guy's finger tips played along the edge - it took a second to realize that his middle finger was missing the last two digits. A bolt of revelation struck, and I looked up to see Jerry Garcia standing across from me....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads