• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

first pair of "nice" jeans

mr.loverman

Reaction score
i'd like some advice on a new pair of jeans. i'm a college student on a somewhat slim budget so i would like to spend <$200. i want something that will be stylish but not too trendy. a quality pair of jeans that will serve me for at least 2-3 years. they should be able to dress up or dress down.

if anyone has had a particularly pleasant experience with a certain label, i'd love to hear about it.

i lift weights so i want the chicks to be able to see my *********. but i don't want my balls getting squished or anything.

also, tips on where to get the jeans would be great too

thanks

seen

Reaction score
Not against kiya's suggestion or anything.

+1 on Straight Sven and APC NS

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by seen
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/images/...b9b9fef23339e9

Wow, are you serious? I just threw up a little.

I happen to love Nudies, but I'm with you. I'm not even sure that's a dude, lol. I, personally, love the Regular Alf and Average Joe. Both are the same from the knee up, but the Alf has a slight bootcut, the Joe tapers slightly. Nudies are a great jean for an athletic but not super skinny build. For someone who wishes to show off their rear, they have the advantage of bright orange stitching on the back pockets. Even Steven is pretty similar to the Average Joe, but the back pockets are a lot lower, so it sort of looks like you're sagging, even if you aren't. Great if you're into that, silly looking if you aren't. As far as pre-distressed or dry denim, that's just a matter of preference.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are several options that are open to you in the under $200 range. Nudies, as already stated, has a number of options, and they are sold both at Kiya's Selfedge and at Denimbar, among others. The Nom de Guerre classic fit is also nice (I am wearing my brand new pair right now,) and retail for about a Deuce over $200, but our affiliate will cut you a deal (see Brigade, Peasant, and Jake. Brigade ships lightning fast.) The 5EP bootcut retails at $253, but if you can find a 20$ coupon, they are just over $200 at Revolveclothing.com. The APC New Standard or Rescue are the standard go tos at $140 (+discount).

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ott
um, that's obviously a girl.

Some of these guys don't get out much.

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another option in the &lt;$200 range (if you order from Japan, at least) is Eternal's 811. They're pretty slim in the thigh, though, so they won't work if you have huge quads.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, that model for the Slim Kim is a female, and was only used on two different jeans. The model wearing the Podoll tops is my fiance..
The model wearing the Sling &amp; Stones is our new female denim model.

modual

Reaction score
Kiya, what waist size is the model wearing the straight sven and what size is he wearing ?

kakemono

Reaction score
RRDS

They might retail higher, but if you do like I did... and find someone selling a pair that they bought the wrong size, it makes for a $100 (in my case) pair of jeans that is one of the most worn and most repected pairs on the internet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads