• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

first pair of "nice" jeans

mr.loverman

Reaction score
so which is best between nudies, APC and rag and bone?

also which one stains the least?

ive heard that nudies tear a lot.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rag & Bone probably won't wear in as "nicely" as Nudie and APC. Also, I never had a problem with Nudie's staining anything (only have experience with the DRy Selvage), my Rag & Bone's did stain my shoes, but that was about it.

I don't think tearing is that big of a problem with any of the brands unless you intend to buy them tight as hell. The occasional wash would help minimize the risk too.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr.loverman
so which is best between nudies, APC and rag and bone?

also which one stains the least?

ive heard that nudies tear a lot.

Depends what your priorities are. I would say Nudie is best for fit and diversity of fits, APC is one of the better premium denim values, and Rag & Bone's denim and workmanship just blow the other two away. Personally, I'm a Nudie man. To me it's all about the cuts, and I see Nudies today as similar to Diesel five years ago. APC's cuts have never really impressed me, and there are some great Nudie fits. I've always loved RB, but they just don't fit me, as my waist size only comes in a 32 length. There are reasons why each is the best, what are your priorities?

mr.loverman

Reaction score
well i have a pretty small waist. about 29".but my jeans range from 29s to 31s depending on the fit of the brand and how many squats i have been doing. my inseam would be like 28 or 29" with no cuff.

right now i'm 5'8 1/2" 153lbs with a muscular build. i lift so depending on how bulked i am my weight can go up to 170lbs. but since thats mostly muscle, it won't be too much volume.

do most of these jeans stretch?

i plan on putting some muscle on in the next couple months so i want a pair of jeans that can keep up.

also, i want something that will still function and be cool in 2 years. i said i wanted to keep it under $200 but i might pay a little extra if i am getting a lot more value.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr.loverman
well i have a pretty small waist. about 29".but my jeans range from 29s to 31s depending on the fit of the brand and how many squats i have been doing. my inseam would be like 28 or 29" with no cuff.

right now i'm 5'8 1/2" 153lbs with a muscular build. i lift so depending on how bulked i am my weight can go up to 170lbs. but since thats mostly muscle, it won't be too much volume.

do most of these jeans stretch?

i plan on putting some muscle on in the next couple months so i want a pair of jeans that can keep up.

also, i want something that will still function and be cool in 2 years. i said i wanted to keep it under $200 but i might pay a little extra if i am getting a lot more value.

Everyone seems to say APCs stretch a ton. Nudies stretch some, and shouldn't give you any problems unless you get ultra-jacked. Not sure about RB, but I would tend to think those will stretch less than the other two.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics