• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you do last night? (This is How We Roll)

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
I'm going to ask for a second opinion, but I don't think this is a correct application of the principle of "bros before hos." If this woman had screwed your friend over at some point in the past, it would be.

Originally Posted by scnupe7
I agree. That isn't "bros before hos". That is foolish.

And second. The ruling on the field is reversed, "bros before hos" does not apply. Third down.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fabienne
Fencing practice, then came home and watched Truffaut's Jules et Jim.

I was surprised at how sad this one made me without actually touching any kind of deep nerve.

Originally Posted by apocalypse later
I met two really cool girls, one of which is totally single and I think she's into me. I was hyped because we were going to hang out all night and watch movies, but then I forgot about a friend who wanted to watch his shiny new bootleg of Superbad. I ended up going back (bros before ho's) and we mixed a bit of cheap vodka with some blue Gatorade and laughed at about every part in Superbad.
Bros before hoes in this unfortunate use makes you gay, not loyal. Sorry.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
So Thursday night had to take my client to dinner, then went to my gf's friend's birthday party at one of those bars I generally never set foot in. Its a wild west saloon (cos god knows Vietnam needs one of those) with a Philipino cover band (cos god knows Asia needs more of those). Anyhow, make the best of it. Discuss with the boys some of the songs that should forever be banned from Filipino bands ('Hey Jude', 'I cant help falling in love with you' were played back to back...discussion ensues). Night memorable for a couple of things...we got threatened with being kicked out because we kept turning the pages of the band's songbook. Very very funny, and at one point we had the girl singing 'da da da da' while the guy went scrambling back through the book to find the page again. Second memorable incident was less amusing. My gf likes to dress slinky. It suits her too. So she stuffs her purse in my back pocket when we were out. Walking back to her place with her sister and the sis's bf, some kid races past on a motorbike and snatches it out of my pocket. Little ******. I tried to chase on foot (completely futile), but in the end Thursday night was spent in a police station filing reports. Home at about 2.30, but lay talking to the gf for a long time after that, so it ended up being a nite-of-little-rest. Friday - gf organises dinner for me, the sis, the sis's bf at some Hanoian restaurant. I basically dont like Hanoi food, its really bland, but since the other half is from there, I have to humor once in a while. Sis's bf bores me senseless (he's 49, shes 29 which icks me out a little on a good day) - he is just very quiet with an annoying droning voice, and never seems to be talking to anyone. Anyhow, roll with it... We move on to some newly opened Arab-themed-bar as my gf had a bottle of Martell there that she was given by the manager on opening night. We arrived, and it was living up to expectations...cheesy uniforms on the staff, but otherwise, cool loungey music, nice sofas etc. But then the band started. Tiny club, with a succession of singers belting out Vietnamese pop tunes. It was hideous. My friends arrive shortly after, and their reactions to the king's harem interior's contrast to the guy in over-length shoes belting out 'Khong phai em' were priceless. My friends are basically playful idiots - which suits me fine, and so in among the tormenting of the waitresses (she kept trying to light all the candles on the candelabra on our table...we kept blowing out the one she had just finished as she moved to the next one- stuff like that, which actually goes over really well here). We fled once we got the chance, and went to a very cool new-ish rock club called Acoustic. 4 police sitting outside in uniform around a few bottles of liquor, wasnt sure what to make of that (not common), but went in anyhow. About 2 mins later, the band announced that they will not be playing any more because of the police, and good night. 'Uhh'. We cancelled our drink order and left. Friends raised the ire of the taxi driver by playing with his CB radio. No one speaks English here, so telling dispatch 'help...I am bleeeeeeding' amuses only us. But it really amused us
smile.gif
Moved on to a bar which I dont know the name of. Nice place. Loungey. Bought a bottle of vodka and messed around there for a while, before the previous night's police escapades took its toll on the gf-n-I, and fled at like 12.30.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got back from 1223. A straight club on Conn ave. And finally got to make out with the hot gay guy from GW. Weeeeeeeeee!

migo

Reaction score
haha GoSurface...I was gonna go to 1223 on Thursday (night of my bday) but I never made it out of Bon Wit (IIRC, you're the one that moved into here too?)

Friday night, another bday party for some random chick, she was not hot, neither were her friends, and they were sloppy ass drunk, so my friend and I ditched, walked around for a while, met someone we hadn't met in a really long time, rolled to a dorm party with her for yet another friends bday, this one was pretty sick (somehow they'd managed to get a keg into their room). Host was a good friend of mine so it was fun.

Saturday night, walked around bored for a bit, then hit up an apt party held by some frat dude...made friends with some hot girls from Georgetown, ended the night with a number, went to Freshman dorm where a friend of ours is an RA, chilled with him coz he was on duty, watched drunk people make fools of themselves and get scared out of their minds whenever university police did their rounds...hilarious.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by migo
haha GoSurface...I was gonna go to 1223 on Thursday (night of my bday) but I never made it out of Bon Wit (IIRC, you're the one that moved into here too?)

Where did I move to?

It was such a strange vibe at 1223. Never been there before. All of the girls were whores, and all the guys were scary-eyed douche-bags. One guy was even wearing a kilt.
plain.gif

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good weekend with too much to drink, I am letting my body recover as I write this.

Friday: Planned to be a semi mellow night the woman and I met a friend in NH for dinner and drinks. We started at an Indian restaurant Thali upon recommendation from our friend.

While walking down the road saw this new bar, I think it was called 116 Crown or something to that affect. We walked into a packed narrow bar that tried way too hard to be trendy, they threw every item of the trendy encyclopedia at us, from the modern uncomfortable furniture, to the onyx counter tops and concrete tables, to the strange modern lighting and over the top presentation. All that is fine though because we don't have enough modern chill bars in NH, although this one as packed as it was was minus the chill part. The part that got us however were the drinks were AWFUL, perhaps the worst drinks I've ever had as well as my two partners and the table next to us (who happened to be the writer for the local newspaper's food section). Our mojitos were not muddled enough, had too little sugar and tasted like rum and club soda. My friend ordered two fusion drinks, one was a chocolate drink with a raw egg and a scotch and hot pepper flake concoction that was horrendous. With the $7+ price tags and not a single good drink it was time to cut our losses and run.

Ended up at Miso, our standby Sushi bar to end the night. We all did a couple saki bombs, and wrapped it all up with a couple bottles of Sapporo. We closed the bar down with a couple other patrons.

Sat: Big event of the day was a wedding. Wasn't sure how it would be, since I've had bad luck at the last few weddings but minus the boring church part, the reception was very fun. The scene was a peninsula at the bottom of Norwalk at a private harbor club with Yachts, great views, nice beach, awesome homes, perfect setting. Cocktail hour started off slow but it gathered some steam during the dinner (buffet setting) and reception in which the DJ put on a good show with a great mix of music including lots of Latin tunes. We danced for probably 75% of the songs and I had a healthy mix of Chardonnay and Vodka Tonics to round out the night.

Sunday: The weekend so far had exhausted me but I had to make it. We planned a breakfast/lunch with another couple at this awesome bagel place called Lox Stock N Bagels in West Hartford around noon. Arrived there, had a great breakfast and I had to jet to pick up a friend to go to a big sports bar for Football Sunday.

Picked up the friend and met another at the bar which was packed with probably 200+ other sports nuts. Took us forever to get a table but finally had some luck and we spent all afternoon there polishing off 40+ wings and 7 pitchers of beer.

Around 8 or so another couple friends showed up and we all headed out around 9 to see DJ Tiesto spin outdoors in Hartford. We arrived there already beat up from the day of drinking. I've never seen so many beautiful girls in one place, I think they all came out for this one but I have to admit some were dressed pretty ridiculous in high heels, short dresses, obviously not to party but more for show. There were quite a few meatheads and guidos as well but they were mixed in.

I stayed sober to drive back but my friends had fun blowing their money on $7 ****** drinks that had no consistency. Half the time they were out of a certain alcohol and the water was warm. I do have to say however that lines for drinks were non existant because they had so many "bartenders". We fought our way to the front of the crowd and were 2 rows from Tiesto for an hour and a half. That was the most fun of the night. Watched a guy who was causing trouble get picked up by a bouncer right in front of me, thrown and body slammed. I wish I could have taken a photo, it was classic. After that hour and a half we were so sweaty and beat up we had to retreat and get a breather so we ended the night near the rear.

I drove everyone back and here I am typing with muffled hearing, a slight headache, and no desire to do any work.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by visionology

Sat: Big event of the day was a wedding. Wasn't sure how it would be, since I've had bad luck at the last few weddings but minus the boring church part, the reception was very fun. The scene was a penninsula at the bottom of Norwalk at a private harbor club with Yachts, great views, nice beach, awsome homes, perfect setting. Cocktail hour started off slow but it gathered some steam during the dinner (buffet setting) and reception in which the DJ put on a good show with a great mix of music including lots of latin music. We danced for probably 75% of the songs and I had a healthy mix of Chardonnay and Vodka Tonics to round out the night.

Ummm....was there a guy there in a 3-piece dove grey herringbone, with a pink shirt, grey/blue/pink paisley tie, and a white square? I ask because your description above fits precisely where I was, and my description above fits me. The 'lots of latin music' part throws me a little, but that may be subjective. And there must be more than one harbour club in the Norwalk metro.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, don't recall really although it would be quite funny if we were both at the same wedding and didn't realize it. I was on the dance floor most of the night so didn't get a chance to do lots of mingling at the reception. The bride was hispanic so there were probably 8 or so salsa/merengue songs played throughout the night which is quite a few for a wedding in which most of the guests were non hispanic.

I was wearing a charcoal 3 button suit, white shirt, pink/blue/white stripe tie, and radica/brown marteganis.

Like you are saying though there are probably lots of harbor clubs in the area with all the wealth in the region, this one happened to be in East Norwalk.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you guys know whose wedding you went to? That would be a good way to see if you were at the same one!
teacha.gif

Originally Posted by visionology
Hmmm, don't recall really although it would be quite funny if we were both at the same wedding and didn't realize it. I was on the dance floor most of the night so didn't get a chance to do lots of mingling at the reception. The bride was hispanic so there were probably 8 or so salsa/merengue songs played throughout the night which is quite a few for a wedding in which most of the guests were non hispanic.

I was wearing a charcoal 3 button suit, white shirt, pink/blue/white stripe tie, and radica/brown marteganis.

Like you are saying though there are probably lots of harbor clubs in the area with all the wealth in the region, this one happened to be in East Norwalk.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
Do you guys know whose wedding you went to? That would be a good way to see if you were at the same one!
teacha.gif

But that would break the comfortable anonymity of the interweb. Why would you do such a thing!

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
lets see....

Thursday night, flew back from Hanoi and went to meet the gf and her friends at the rooftop bar at the Sheraton. Under normal circumstances I would not set foot in there (travelling Asian businessmen and the women who lub-them-long-time), but Vietnamese being Vietnamese, we ended up there for a birthday party (just so Phuong-the-not-so-hot-model) can brag about having her birthday in a 5 star hotel.

*cringe*

Left there at about 1.30, and a nightcap was suggested at this Canadian guy's house. His gf is another model, totally using him for the money, but then, he doesnt seem to mind.

A drink and some dimsum later, headed home.

Woke up with an evil hangover - disproportionate to the amount I actually drank. Gf's head having similar issues, and lots of conspiracy theories about the Sheraton using fake alcohol (would not put it past them to be substituting/mixing our drinks with low grade local liquor).

Evil hangover meant Friday was pretty much a washout for us, stayed in and watched HBO.

Saturday - had to go to my old apartment to collect back some furniture. Place had not been left in good condition by the dude I sublet it to, so me = not happy and possibly out of pocket. ******* English teachers.

My gf is an architect, and works part time teaching architecture at a university, so took her there in the afternoon (damn 6-day-working-weeks) and I went to my boxing class. Met up with her later for a massage, and then took her to dinner at a fabulous restaurant called Mandarin. One of the best in town.

Had a bottle of really nice Mclaren Vale (near my mother's house) Woodstock 2004 Shiraz and found ourselves drunk again. Went to a club called Volcano, met the boys there, another couple of drinks, moved to a club called MGM, where a friend was having a 'Just Because' party, which was really fun.

Unfortunately the alcohol took its toll on my gf about this time, she started saying she thought she may puke, so ushered her out in to a taxi and went home a little earlier than I would have liked.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads