• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kallun

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Yah but I'll admit that it is him that perks my attention moreso than some of his clothing.
smile.gif

WHAT!! I thought I had a solemate in weired outfits. I am following Shell to GQ
frown.gif

berlin report: Awesome shorts!

Taking up the "pink pants" challenge with RyeGB:

Tee
Whyred Dee jeans
German army sneaks
tee-whyred-front.jpg

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Trying to be as "visually offensive" for Connemera as possible:
Paul Smith 1btn white cotton jacket
Charvet blue/orange/white shirt
Michael Drake orange/white polka dot tie
Heremes pumpkin/brown twilly used as pocket square
Etro orange/black/green/white/gold/red/blue circus stripe silk/linen trousers
Ferragamo brown Brisbane loafers

0813070745.jpg

0813070746.jpg

I actually like this.
blush.gif

apocalypse later

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Mayor

apocalypse: I had that same concern about the Polo, because I too hate blatant branding, but I have had tons of compliments on that shirt. People love the big pony, especially women. I got it more as a conversation piece than a logo.

Just throwing it out there: Ask yourself, are you wearing the shirt for the ladies, or are you wearing it because you truly like it (even though the fit is not particularly right and the branding is abhorrent). If you are wearing it for the ladies, I can tell you right now that you're much better off grabbing a pair of 7 For All of Mankind jeans and a big lot of fake Lacoste polos.

Just throwing it out there.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
iTunes Playing: Absolutego by Boris from the record Absolutego

Thrift Western
Thrift Military Pants
Vans

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
berlin, i'm jealous that you're always able to find shorts that fit so nicely. I admire people that are able to look good while staying cool and not having to resort to jeans.
Thanks. I know a lot of people don't like shorts but I really can't stand sweating in denim when it gets over 25 C. By the way, the last 3 pairs of shorts used to be full trousers.
smile.gif

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
That's encouraging. The problem for me is that gainesville and orlando thrift stores are pretty terrible and i haven't been able to find any nice looking (non-polyester) and fitting pants that i can modify. Also, it seems you're able to more precisely able to cut your pants and hem them as well. I turned an old pair of american eagle khakis from high school into shorts, but they're too baggy and high rised even for shorts
laugh.gif

The_Mayor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by apocalypse later
Just throwing it out there: Ask yourself, are you wearing the shirt for the ladies, or are you wearing it because you truly like it (even though the fit is not particularly right and the branding is abhorrent). If you are wearing it for the ladies, I can tell you right now that you're much better off grabbing a pair of 7 For All of Mankind jeans and a big lot of fake Lacoste polos.

Just throwing it out there.

I've had the same girlfriend for 3 years, so I assure you, it's not to impress women. I genuienly like the shirt. I think of the big pony less as a logo and more as an interesting design element.

My point was that I have received tons of compliments, both on the design and the fit. So while I respect your opinion, it is not shared by all.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Mayor
I think of the big pony less as a logo and more as an interesting design element.

I've always liked the Big Pony as a design element too. It's not my thing so I never bought one, but I kinda like it...and much better than the regular polo logo which I absolutely hate.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I think the big pony polo fits you slim, but not proportionally so. Maybe if it was slightly less tapered and a bit longer, i don't know. It just looks off with your jeans sitting so high on your waist with the hip bulge. I'm sure people have complimented it, but i mean, that doesn't always mean it's the best fit. The styling, while most definitely too loud and overly brand consious for me, isn't even what i initially noticed when seeing the fit. But i mean, if you're already that invested in that shirt, i doubt anyone will convince you otherwise. For the most part, i believe people are only trying to help with your fits, looks, but no matter.

Man, kallun. All that whyred stuff seems to fit fantastic. Interesting color. I don't know if it's just the camera, but it's a neat purple/pink thing. I probably couldn't get away with it, but it's interesting to see.

The_Mayor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
But i mean, if you're already that invested in that shirt, i doubt anyone will convince you otherwise. For the most part, i believe people are only trying to help with your fits, looks, but no matter.

Chrono, I understand and not trying to be defensive. It's just frustrating because everyone brings up the hip flare and honestly, there's very little I can do about it. Hopefully some new jeans will help, and I will try the other suggestions, but I've done longer shirts and they just look sloppy and "Amjack."

Plus, I'm already wearing my jeans so low they barely cover my rear. I try to wear blazers, jackets, hoodies etc... to cover it up, but that's not an option in TX in August.

I've just got big hips and a big ass. Just pear shaped. Everyone in my family is built this way. Damn genetics! I'm gonna slap my mom the next time I see her.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
What shorts are those? You have a knack for wearing whatever clothes and making them look like a million bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics