• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Has Anyone Heard the Bruce Hornsby Trio?

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bruce Hornsby is on tour with some other jazz artists, together calling theselves the Bruce Hornsby Trio. Does anyone know if they're any good? Do they play any of the regular Bruce Hornsby hits from the past?

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by contactme_11
Bruce Hornsby is on tour with some other jazz artists, together calling theselves the Bruce Hornsby Trio. Does anyone know if they're any good? Do they play any of the regular Bruce Hornsby hits from the past?

I didn't even know he had a new trio. I'd be willing to bet anything Bruce Hornsby attaches his name to is solid. I'm not sure if you've ever seen him live (I've been fortunate enough to see him a handful of times), but he is one bad mofo.

The first time I saw him was probably 10 years ago in a tiny theater in some tiny town on the Ohio/West Virginia border. He started playing "End of the Innocence" of Don Henley fame, and then stopped after a couple of bars and said: "I didn't make this song famous, but I wrote, so I'm gonna play it." It was awesome.

If you have a chance to see this trio, I'd say do it.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a CD of Hornsby's. He is one swingin' cat.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this the Bruce Hornsby of Bruce Hornsby and the Range fame? I recall a great song of theirs called Long Valley Road.

If it's the same guy, he's also responsible for introducing Crowded House to US audiences, when he signed them to tour with him.

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same guy, just has a new group I guess. I won 2 tickets to a concert on the radio the other day and wasn't sure I would enjoy it if it didn't have any of his old stuff.

Tyto

Reaction score
Originally Posted by California Dreamer
Is this the Bruce Hornsby of Bruce Hornsby and the Range fame? I recall a great song of theirs called Long Valley Road.
I think it's just "Valley Road." It is a great song, but that entire album--Scenes From the Southside--is very, very strong.

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to this concert last night and was very disappointed. 2 1/2 hours of Bruce Hornsby playing nothing but jazz. Only song he played of his original stuff was "mandolin rain". I thought we at least would have heard a couple of the old big hits we know and love.

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by contactme_11
I went to this concert last night and was very disappointed. 2 1/2 hours of Bruce Hornsby playing nothing but jazz. Only song he played of his original stuff was "mandolin rain". I thought we at least would have heard a couple of the old big hits we know and love.

But, was he good at what he did the other night?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads