• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Damage Report & Appreciation Central - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Matt, they looked long to me too when I first took them out of the box. But, when I put them on they fit like a dream and look perfectly balanced under a pants leg. So, the long appearance is just an illusion.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LARon
Matt, they looked long to me too when I first took them out of the box. But, when I put them on they fit like a dream and look perfectly balanced under a pants leg. So, the long appearance is just an illusion.
I think that happens a lot when there are no legs attached to them to balance anything out. Anytime somebody has shoes that are bigger than mine they automatically look long to my eyes.

Nice shoes, Hoff
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
The beauty of going bespoke is that you can set whatever specifications you like.
I really like bespoke for this reason. It's also great fun to design the shoe and the variety of leathers is astounding. I also like trees built just like my last. It makes the difference in foot size issue go away completely.
smile.gif

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Panzeraxe II
Matt - Who makes Rubinacci's shoes - Lattanzi?
I believe that it is Mercellaio (or something like that). He makes to a similar standard as Scafora.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
Meccariello? How recent are these shoes?
Recent, like the last 6 months. My understanding is that he went to Kiton to start up their factory, and when it got going he was canned. I guess he went back to what he was doing. His shoes are available at a couple of different shops in Naples.

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Fired? Did he refuse to use a machine?
devil.gif

crackup[1].gif

A Kiton man, through and through. (I'm with you AF.)

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Recent, like the last 6 months. My understanding is that he went to Kiton to start up their factory, and when it got going he was canned. I guess he went back to what he was doing. His shoes are available at a couple of different shops in Naples.
Interesting, that was exactly what I was wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads