• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds or Must Haves from 2007 Summer Sales

Leslierc

Reaction score
Because I shot most of my "fun money" in Rome, I decided to be very circumspect regarding purchases during this season's sales. I found two items, however, that I am rather excited about. One is a Canali suit from Saks (2nd Cut) for $770; and the other is a Kiton Blazer that went to a second mark-down at Neiman Marcus. Have any of you had success or found a must-have item on sale?

stilmacher

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two pairs of Ed Green
bounce2.gif

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some Charvet print ties at Bergdorf Goodman and a woven Charvet at Saks, but that is it. Most of my clothing money these days goes to custom tailored clothing and to shoes that are too expensive
smile.gif

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I hate to toot my own horn, but I think the Turnbull/Sartoria Partenopea jackets I got were a good deal. I love mine and I hope those that bought them feel the same.

I wish I got one of those. A fantastic deal at the price you were charging. Alas....

DandySF

Reaction score
Neiman's second cut sale lured me in and drew me to a pair of light weight Incotex pants--light grey, wool, pleated. Even with the sale they still seemed rather pricey.

It seemed best to stew on this decision by walking over to the cafe in Emporio Armani and enjoying some pasta, Chianti, and espresso. Simultaneously relaxed and energized, I walked back to NM and succumbed to the pants.

They'll be perfect for Spring and Summer. I told the tailor I wanted 1.5" cuffs but the salesman persuaded me to go for 1.75" cuffs.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been naughty in Venice and bought a Kiton suit therefore my sales money is all but gone.............
I'm in the painful phase of repaying.....
devil.gif

No sales this year..............
plain.gif

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I hate to toot my own horn, but I think the Turnbull/Sartoria Partenopea jackets I got were a good deal. I love mine and I hope those that bought them feel the same.
Ed, you hooked it up big time. Awesome jacket Best I've ever put on (admittedly I haven't put on that many). Better than my suit jackets. Good call on the size too. I'm probably more of a 43R, but a 42 would have been too tight. Great shoulders on this one. Thanks! A++++! Highly recommended. Superlative!

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DandySF
I told the tailor I wanted 1.5" cuffs but the salesman persuaded me to go for 1.75" cuffs.
You'll be happy with that decision. That extra 1/4" makes a big difference. I usually ask the GF to take my pants to get hemmed at her tailor, although it's only been a couple of occasions I ask for cuffs - 1.75. The tailor happened to pass the job to one of his bonehead assistants. When the GF got home after picking them up, she knew right away they were less than the 1.75 requested, and knew I would be annoyed. I sent them back and got them redone.

Leslierc

Reaction score
An update. When I picked up the blazer at NM today in addition to a Kiton tie I purchased a pair of Sutor Mantellassi dark brown lace-ups. I'm done!!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads