• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Starting an online proxy from Japan

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like a pair of worn schoolgirl undies, please.
fing02[1].gif

H/t to GS, who made that joke in the last Japan proxy thread. The classics never get old...

Seriously, are Visvim crazy expensive over there too? What about W)Taps Vans? I might grab a pair if they're not too outrageous b/c I can be sure of sizing...

parachutes

Reaction score
about 40000yen or so. shoes are going to cost a lot to send, so expect another 5000yen or so just with the shipping costs. im putting a hlat to the service for the next two months, so please contact other members/proxy serivces if you are looking to get something from japan.

itskub

Reaction score
Hey, I was just hoping to get some help about rakuten.jp . Ive tried to register, but I cant figure out the right zip code and the drop-down list (I cant translate it). I Live in Philadelphia, do they ship to the US?
Thanks

parachutes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by itskub
Hey, I was just hoping to get some help about rakuten.jp . Ive tried to register, but I cant figure out the right zip code and the drop-down list (I cant translate it). I Live in Philadelphia, do they ship to the US?
Thanks

rakuten is like a internet mall of small boutiques. whether they ship abroad will depend on the individual store's policy. here is a webpage from one of the stores showing how to register into rakuten.

http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/super-...en/get-id.html

and if you are ever up to paying a little extra for getting anything, im always at your service sir.

parachutes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cd1
do you use google checkout, by any chance?

if so, what would the fees be in that case?

i havent had much chance to understand the service yet, but i will definitely look into it if they can also handle international transaction(sending/receiving across borders, making deposits into japanese banks...etc). but for now it will be either paypal or moneybookers.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Got my nandos from parachutes but I've been so busy with work haven't even had a chance to open the box.

The whole process was smoother than I expected and he graciously answered my questions. He proved to be very helpful and courteous while responding in a timely manner when I sent him emails. It also helped of course that he was thorough as well.

I tried to pick up some things from 2000db but didn't have much luck and seemed like he couldn't be bothered with my requests while everyone was happily postem up their pickups.

Now after dealing with my man parachutes (Hajime), he's the only person I would consider buying anything from in japan. Did I mention it got to Socal in 3 days? I really can't say enough good things about this dude so this will have to do for now.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Got my nandos from parachutes but I've been so busy with work haven't even had a chance to open the box.

The whole process was smoother than I expected and he graciously answered my questions. He proved to be very helpful and courteous while responding in a timely manner when I sent him emails. It also helped of course that he was thorough as well.

I tried to pick up some things from 2000db but didn't have much luck and seemed like he couldn't be bothered with my requests while everyone was happily postem up their pickups.

Now after dealing with my man parachutes (Hajime), he's the only person I would consider buying anything from in japan. Did I mention it got to Socal in 3 days? I really can't say enough good things about this dude so this will have to do for now.

ohhh...which nandos? do they sell the selvedge model on the 45rpm website?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I got the sora nandoxnandos, I think they're on the US site now.

They have the nxn in a painter's pant type of cut and a womens version as well. Sorahiko is the only one for now and it fits slightly slimmer (but not slim) than suminando soras.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads