• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official “How Do You Beat the Heat” thread.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by D Yizz
Me too.
laugh.gif
I just gotta get the mint leaves before I get home tonite....

I grow my own mint on the balcony. Now that gives me an idea... I need limes, though.

D Yizz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
I grow my own mint on the balcony. Now that gives me an idea... I need limes, though.

I've tried to. I have a green thumb for ornamental plants, but am a total fail when trying to grow a home garden. Anyway I go to this gourmet supermarket where they sell it in bulk and the leaves are huge.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by D Yizz
I've tried to. I have a green thumb for ornamental plants, but am a total fail when trying to grow a home garden. Anyway I go to this gourmet supermarket where they sell it in bulk and the leaves are huge.

I, too, am quite a failure. Mint, however, survived. Mint and parsley.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8vVtA.jpg
W10Y6.jpg
Deets on the pit moisture!!!!
inlove.gif
Do you use a spray bottle or damp sponge to apply the wetness and where can I kop? Bad Dig. No biscuit.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The good news: We're two pages into this thread and so far it hasn't collapsed into a dispute over whether or not "real men" wear shorts.

The bad news: We're two pages into this thread and so far the only pics posted besides my own are of mojitos, not clothing. (No, Dig, I'm not counting the pics you stole from WAYWRN.)

Here's what I wore today to beat the heat. (I have to confess, however, that the humidity is mercifully low today in the DC area.) Please take note of the turned up pant leg. A first for me.
bigstar[1].gif

Leaning-46.jpg
Feet-47.jpg

lenahan

Reaction score
cotton jackets, more summer-y ties, air conditioning.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Digmenow
Deets on the pit moisture!!!!
inlove.gif
Do you use a spray bottle or damp sponge to apply the wetness and where can I kop?

Bad Dig.
No biscuit.

Real men don't sweat? Ever?
cool.gif

I apply an oily solution to my underarms because I like how the dark spot accentuates the highness of my custom-made armholes. Yes.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
The good news: We're two pages into this thread and so far it hasn't collapsed into a dispute over whether or not "real men" wear shorts.

The bad news: We're two pages into this thread and so far the only pics posted besides my own are of mojitos, not clothing. (No, Dig, I'm not counting the pics you stole from WAYWRN.)

Here's what I wore today to beat the heat. (I have to confess, however, that the humidity is mercifully low today in the DC area.) Please take note of the turned up pant leg. A first for me.
bigstar[1].gif

Leaning-46.jpg
Feet-47.jpg

Not a bad summer look. Where did you get those no-show socks?

wannabe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Here's what I wore today to beat the heat.

I like your blue shirt, only because I'm wearing one too, haha.

Soon to be appearing on WAYWT thread, but for now, I'll post it here.

WAYWT7911.jpg

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabe
I like your blue shirt, only because I'm wearing one too, haha.

Soon to be appearing on WAYWT thread, but for now, I'll post it here.

WAYWT7911.jpg

Do my clothes usually look as tight as yours do?! In any case, nice fit and a good look in general.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
simg_GC02970794_CA02974105.jpg

I find that a pair of canvas slip on in this style nigh impossible to beat in beating the summer heat.

Cool, comfortable, and can be had for $5 so you wont mind ruining them if you decide to hose you legs for more cooling.

wannabe

Reaction score
Do my clothes usually look as tight as yours do?! In any case, nice fit and a good look in general.

Tight? I prefer to think of them as form-fitting, haha. Thanks for your fit comment!

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Plan your day so as to not RUN.. I have just come back from 2 weeks in HKG where it was 30c & >80% humidity at midnight.

I packed only linen & cotton - nothing tight fitting & no socks.

The other item of note is that UNIQLO make fantastic HiTec underwear that wicks moisture away from the body.

Edit: I did pack one pair of travel high performance wool pants

110624151.jpg

110706152.jpg

1106241511.jpg

Bowtiedlad93

Reaction score
Staying hydrated helps also I like to use baby powder in areas prone to sweating it helps reduce sweat stains. Mostly I stay in air conditioned areas.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads