• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDMills

Reaction score
^^ Crusty- That blazer looks seriously great on you, I think it fits you amazingly well and makes you look slim! I have a similar shirt and couldnt figure out what kind of tie to wear with it and I think the burgundy plain is a great combo.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maccimus
Wider lapels please..
lol8[1].gif

Yeah, and also: 1. Where are the shirt's cuffs? I think sleeves are too long. 2. Jacket could be just at tad longer. 3. Tie knot needs some work. 4. The overall impression is awfully "boxy", but if that's the style this dude is going for I think he should stick to it.
wink.gif

wannabe

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I was wondering if I could get some comments on my new suit jacket! I'm kicking myself in the head for not getting the rest of the suit, so I'm going to guy try to find the pants this weekend.

What kind of buttons would make this jacket pop as both a blazer and as part of a suit? I was thinking dark brown, but am open to any suggestions.

Damn glare today!
frown.gif

WAYWT7111.jpg

Tan Nautica Suit Jacket.
Light Blue Express Shirt.
Tan/Dark Blue/Light Blue J. Crew Tie.
Silver Tie Bar.
Dark Blue Pocket Square.
Dark Blue Levi's 511 Jeans.
Burgundy LL Bean Loafers.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabe
Hey everyone. I was wondering if I could get some comments on my new suit jacket! I'm kicking myself in the head for not getting the rest of the suit, so I'm going to guy try to find the pants this weekend. What kind of buttons would make this jacket pop as both a blazer and as part of a suit? I was thinking dark brown, but am open to any suggestions. Damn glare today!
frown.gif
WAYWT7111.jpg
Tan Nautica Suit Jacket. Light Blue Express Shirt. Tan/Dark Blue/Light Blue J. Crew Tie. Silver Tie Bar. Dark Blue Pocket Square. Dark Blue Levi's 511 Jeans. Burgundy LL Bean Loafers.

I'd like to see what those jeans look like rolled-up an inch or two. I think the jacket is a little short and has a high button-point! Like it with the tie and square, though!
thumbs-up.gif
Is that a full or half Windsor? Might look better with a half or 4-in-hand, cos it's more casual?

Navi

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I was wondering if I could get some comments on my new suit jacket! I'm kicking myself in the head for not getting the rest of the suit, so I'm going to guy try to find the pants this weekend.

What kind of buttons would make this jacket pop as both a blazer and as part of a suit? I was thinking dark brown, but am open to any suggestions.

Damn glare today!
frown.gif

WAYWT7111.jpg

Tan Nautica Suit Jacket.
Light Blue Express Shirt.
Tan/Dark Blue/Light Blue J. Crew Tie.
Silver Tie Bar.
Dark Blue Pocket Square.
Dark Blue Levi's 511 Jeans.
Burgundy LL Bean Loafers.

Please stop wearing jeans with otherwise formal fits man...

wannabe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
It shows. Be gentle with yourself.
ffffuuuu.gif
If I daresay, my kung-fu skills are pretty awesome.
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
I'd like to see what those jeans look like rolled-up an inch or two. I think the jacket is a little short and has a high button-point! Like it with the tie and square, though!
thumbs-up.gif
Is that a full or half Windsor? Might look better with a half or 4-in-hand, cos it's more casual?

The jacket is a kid's size 16,
laugh.gif
. The knot is a full Windsor. I do agree with you about the jacket size and button point; perhaps it's because of the extremely low-rise jeans throwing everything out of proportion. How do you feel about the jacket shoulders? Also, would you recommend that showing ankle trend? Glad you liked the tie and PS combo though, and thanks for your advice!
Originally Posted by Navi
Please stop wearing jeans with otherwise formal fits man...
facepalm.gif
I know. Properly-fitting pants at my price range are very difficult to find, so I've resorted to wearing jeans. A lot. And my khakis with this would make me look like I can't match suit separates properly.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The jacket is a kid's size 16,
laugh.gif
. The knot is a full Windsor. I do agree with you about the jacket size and button point. How do you feel about the shoulders?

facepalm.gif
I know. Properly-fitting pants at my price range are very difficult to find, so I've resorted to wearing jeans. A lot.

Just get some navy chinos! Versatile, because of the colour, and you can transcend casual to smart quite easily! (Plus, would work nice with that blazer colour!)

I think, if it's a short, you need to go up to a regular! Your shirt cuffs aren't showing. That may be due to short shirt or long blazer sleeves, but it's not too bad. The top button really needs to be half-way between where it lies now and the second one! The length needs to sit just over your ass/past your crotch! It is a little tight, I just think one size/length up would fit you better!

Personally, I like the colour combo. I like grey, navy and burgundy! Just fold the jeans up a little, take off socks (if wearing) and do a half-Windsor!

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mktitsworth
5892406451_86298db2d4_z.jpg

These are not details of the fit:

5892974410_fec7b71e05_z.jpg

So what are you doing then?

5892973782_ab5ac4c48b_z.jpg

It's the same thing we did last time.

5892406193_6e9ebc9e18_z.jpg

I am not being a part of this.

5892973620_2594310397_z.jpg

Too late. I've already included you.

5892973292_9e67eb699e_z.jpg

Fine. so what is it about this time.

5892973620_2594310397_z.jpg

Well, the sushi was pretty. Let's show that off.

5892405305_637a6cfe48_z.jpg

You realize you just repeated that last picture of yourself.

5892973782_ab5ac4c48b_z.jpg

I know, but there isn't a whole lot of me to work with here.

5892973292_9e67eb699e_z.jpg

Just show off the sushi.

5892974048_8810e3a196_z.jpg

Congratulations, you've become a very well-dressed gentleman. I'm sure your lovely wife is proud of you. If not, then we all definitely are.

ColonialBoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by molayo

Thanks for a good comment.
smile.gif
I usually wear a blue shirt + a navy tie / a white shirt + a burgundy tie. It's time to change the habit!

Blue suit, light blue shirt and blue polka dot tie (small dots) is a monochrome look that can work well.

Crombie

Reaction score
I call bullshit

Good for you

Also Crombie if you're going to come here, post terrible outfits, then completely disregard all comments and critiques, why exactly are you here?
Obviously in the hope of drinking from the font of your infinite wisdom. But since you didn't offer any, I'm not sure why you jumped in with such thoughtful comments.

For praise?
Ah, praise from you Navi - something of which I can only dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads