• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
On the bright side at least it wasn't a Dodger game. You'd be in a hospital right now.

yeah thats true... I'm not even a dodger fan, but the McCourts are pissing me off.

That said I'm not stupid, when I watch a yankees redsox game in yankee stadium I keep a low profile. at most wearing a discrete red sox tshirt, its actually dumber to wear a redsox hat.

I've been to those san fran dodger games at AT&T and its a little different... the fans actually hate eachother more than the players. So there's always the potential for mayhem. I don't really hate yankee fans, I hate the yankees. Honestly the more potential for huge violent fights is inter-league Yankees Mets games.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So at work, several months ago we had agreed on a specific process for an evaluation. Written down, etc etc etc. Then, due to (unfounded, nonspecific) allegations of people gaming the system, the process was changed at the last minute, and despite how we are clearly in the right that the process can not be changed after it is set, no-one is listening to my group.
ffffuuuu.gif

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD
I was on the 4 train to to watch a yankee game and these three blonds asked me if it was the right train to yankee stadium. I confirmed it was the right train. The train was packed - with people in yankee t-shirts and jerseys. They proceeded to ask me again if it was the right train, I nicely said yes and "just follow everyone in a yankees shirt/jersey/hat.. you can't go wrong".

Everything was cool, when 2min later they turned to the other side and asked a huge black guy if it was the right train. He calmly says: "didn't that guy tell you it was the right train twice?" The girls seem annoyed and proceed to say "why is everyone so rude?!" and these three latina chicks start bickering/jawing with the blonds and I have to witness potential "yankee fan on yankee fan crime" for the next 15min.

you should have pulled the "do you know how educated I am???"

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do not understand why, when people move, they feel the need or even feel they have the right to monopolize the hallway, both spatially and aurally for the better part of the day.

I understand that moving results in talking, banging and shuffling, that is fine, but I've been hearing what sounds like a some cross species orgy of elephants and hyenas. I'm trying to work and it's driving me insane.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. Spent all day (quietly) moving and cleaning.
2. New tenants are late.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just got word from the big bosses i gotta make summer time cuts (this is our slowest time of year).

i hate having to do this. one girl will have to be let go. another 2 guys will have significant cuts in their days and 1 more guy will have a small cut in his hours. i hate doing this, the crew i have now is pretty good. they make **** money as it is, i feel bad to cut them further. fak.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm gonna end up at at least 3 damn grocery stores to make this food I am baking tomorrow.

I hit up one store today and got everything except creme fraiche, pine nuts, and eggs. They didn't have the creme and their pine nuts looked really sad so I went to whole foods. There I got the eggs and creme but the pine nuts wanted $15/6 oz...

Now I will have to stop at a third store tomorrow on the way home from work and hope I can find something between really cheap but ****** and really expensive. Anyone know if trader joes would be better than my 3rd grocery store? Do they have good pine nuts?

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
I'm gonna end up at at least 3 damn grocery stores to make this food I am baking tomorrow.

I hit up one store today and got everything except creme fraiche, pine nuts, and eggs. They didn't have the creme and their pine nuts looked really sad so I went to whole foods. There I got the eggs and creme but the pine nuts wanted $15/6 oz...

Now I will have to stop at a third store tomorrow on the way home from work and hope I can find something between really cheap but ****** and really expensive. Anyone know if trader joes would be better than my 3rd grocery store? Do they have good pine nuts?

I'm not sure. $12 a pound is a pretty fair price for pine nuts though just to give you a frame of reference. I usually don't find nuts to be a good deal at TJs. Do you have a farmers market near you? That's where I get mine.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got to the airport today and waited 4 hours for a fligth, which was canceled because of weather - the tornados in chicago. then, had to go home and now I need to go out tomorrow, via a different route. missed one day of meetings.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This semi-voluntary choice of getting to work at 6AM is really starting to annoy me. Planned on a quick nap like i sometimes take yesterday (I'll sit on the couch as soon as my head falls down in less than 30 minutes I'll wake up refreshed etc) and was out like a light for a solid two hours. This was at 4PM. I could have slept til 5 AM when I wake up.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phreak
My favorite radio station is no longer in business

ffffuuuu.gif

I know the feeling. I remember coming back from college and turned my radio station (99.1 HFS) only to hear spanish music. I learned a little later it was shuttered. Now all we've got for alternative music is the awful DC101 that still mostly plays pre-2002 rock. I've since mostly given up on radio apart from NPR.

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
just got word from the big bosses i gotta make summer time cuts (this is our slowest time of year).

i hate having to do this. one girl will have to be let go. another 2 guys will have significant cuts in their days and 1 more guy will have a small cut in his hours. i hate doing this, the crew i have now is pretty good. they make **** money as it is, i feel bad to cut them further. fak.

How do you choose one person over the other? Man that sounds like a tough decision, good luck son.

Originally Posted by phreak
My favorite radio station is no longer in business

ffffuuuu.gif

do you, by any chance, live in Houston?

I haven't worked out in 2 weeks and my diet hasn't been the greatest
frown.gif

fatbutt mode over here. this ends today

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
I know the feeling. I remember coming back from college and turned my radio station (99.1 HFS) only to hear spanish music.

LOL LOL LOL I remember being filled with Schadenfreude when HFS went Latino. So awesome.

Let's face it, the station was OK in like 1993 but by 1999 it was totally worthless and annoying.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads