• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I did one of those nasal rinses last night and it seems that I got some water trapped in one of my Eustachian tubes. **** I hope it doesn't get infected. Anybody know how to get the water out of there?

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I did one of those nasal rinses last night and it seems that I got some water trapped in one of my Eustachian tubes. **** I hope it doesn't get infected. Anybody know how to get the water out of there?

yeah open your mouth, close your eyes, and vigorously shake your head until the water comes out.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr.orange

do you, by any chance, live in Houston?

Galveston actually. But in effect yea, Houston stations. I was hoping the Zone just switched stations from 106.9 (for whatever reason), but their website isn't coming up
frown.gif

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
i'm trying to hire for a tricky position and i have three very strong in many respects but all imperfect in their own ways candidates. i'm jumping in with one of them but i have a nagging suspicion this isn't going to work out. the whole thing is irritating me immensely.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
I know the feeling. I remember coming back from college and turned my radio station (99.1 HFS) only to hear spanish music. I learned a little later it was shuttered. Now all we've got for alternative music is the awful DC101 that still mostly plays pre-2002 rock. I've since mostly given up on radio apart from NPR.

Originally Posted by Douglas
LOL LOL LOL I remember being filled with Schadenfreude when HFS went Latino. So awesome.

Let's face it, the station was OK in like 1993 but by 1999 it was totally worthless and annoying.

laugh.gif
another reason to love bmore, all the great radio stations /sarcasm

How do you choose one person over the other? Man that sounds like a tough decision, good luck son.

thats the problem. the guy i need to cut is a better person, and i like him more. but since we are going to have a slim staff i need someone with strong skills in a few diferent areas, and he does not have them. the other guy is ok, but not as good a dude, has far better skills in 2 important areas. so yes sometimes sadly nice guys finish last. fak.

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phreak
Galveston actually. But in effect yea, Houston stations. I was hoping the Zone just switched stations from 106.9 (for whatever reason), but their website isn't coming up
frown.gif

So I take it Kidd Kradick In The Morning is not doing it for you.

Originally Posted by in stitches
thats the problem. the guy i need to cut is a better person, and i like him more. but since we are going to have a slim staff i need someone with strong skills in a few diferent areas, and he does not have them. the other guy is ok, but not as good a dude, has far better skills in 2 important areas. so yes sometimes sadly nice guys finish last. fak.

-1 for the nice guy

hey you can't be a BOSS without making a few people unhappy :/
maybe you could help the guy find a new job or something

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
laugh.gif
another reason to love bmore, all the great radio stations /sarcasm

You a fan of The Big Fat Morning Show? Cleveland sucks for radio. On clear days you can get The River which broadcasts out of DET.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So -1 for the nice guy

hey you can't be a BOSS without making a few people unhappy :/
maybe you could help the guy find a new job or something

sadly that is true.

ill try. hes not a highly employable fellow outside of manual labor. i did finally convince him tp go back to school though. he is a pretty smart if unedgucated guy. hes in a trade shcool now to be an electrician. i really really hope he sticks with it and finishes up so he can get a real job that makes actual money.

Originally Posted by Biggskip
You a fan of The Big Fat Morning Show?

im not exactly 92Q's target audience

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so this morning i had only one pair of socks that were clean and without holes. they are the ankle sock kind, and they are a tad small so the back keeps slipping over my ankle and under my foot. its driving me crazy
ffffuuuu.gif

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so this morning i had only one pair of socks that were clean and without holes. they are the ankle sock kind, and they are a tad small so the back keeps slipping over my ankle and under my foot. its driving me crazy
ffffuuuu.gif

You work at FootLocker?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
You work at FootLocker?

i wish, they have air conditioning at least.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
i'm trying to hire for a tricky position and i have three very strong in many respects but all imperfect in their own ways candidates. i'm jumping in with one of them but i have a nagging suspicion this isn't going to work out. the whole thing is irritating me immensely.

I will submit my resume for consideration, that will solve your issue.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well the deed is done. i informed the entire staff (individually) of the required cut backs. they kind of knew it was coming and it went quite well actually. but i still hate doing this. **** me.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Being a sub contractor and as such being dependant upon the whims and ******* idiots employed by the accounts department who ensure that once again I am not paid. I have learnt my lesson and will not work for this mob again. And now I have to go and beg in a polite manner and listen to their piss poor excuses about why they did not pay me.
ffffuuuu.gif

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well the deed is done. i informed the entire staff (individually) of the required cut backs. they kind of knew it was coming and it went quite well actually. but i still hate doing this. **** me.

but you've got to admit...it makes things a little better. whew load off your shoulders!

I've gotten fat.
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics