Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I did one of those nasal rinses last night and it seems that I got some water trapped in one of my Eustachian tubes. Fuck I hope it doesn't get infected. Anybody know how to get the water out of there?

2. mr.orange

mr.orange Senior member

I did one of those nasal rinses last night and it seems that I got some water trapped in one of my Eustachian tubes. Fuck I hope it doesn't get infected. Anybody know how to get the water out of there?

yeah open your mouth, close your eyes, and vigorously shake your head until the water comes out.

3. phreak

phreak Senior member

do you, by any chance, live in Houston?

Galveston actually. But in effect yea, Houston stations. I was hoping the Zone just switched stations from 106.9 (for whatever reason), but their website isn't coming up [​IMG]

4. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

i'm trying to hire for a tricky position and i have three very strong in many respects but all imperfect in their own ways candidates. i'm jumping in with one of them but i have a nagging suspicion this isn't going to work out. the whole thing is irritating me immensely.

5. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

I know the feeling. I remember coming back from college and turned my radio station (99.1 HFS) only to hear spanish music. I learned a little later it was shuttered. Now all we've got for alternative music is the awful DC101 that still mostly plays pre-2002 rock. I've since mostly given up on radio apart from NPR.

LOL LOL LOL I remember being filled with Schadenfreude when HFS went Latino. So awesome.

Let's face it, the station was OK in like 1993 but by 1999 it was totally worthless and annoying.

[​IMG] another reason to love bmore, all the great radio stations /sarcasm

How do you choose one person over the other? Man that sounds like a tough decision, good luck son.

thats the problem. the guy i need to cut is a better person, and i like him more. but since we are going to have a slim staff i need someone with strong skills in a few diferent areas, and he does not have them. the other guy is ok, but not as good a dude, has far better skills in 2 important areas. so yes sometimes sadly nice guys finish last. fak.

6. mr.orange

mr.orange Senior member

Galveston actually. But in effect yea, Houston stations. I was hoping the Zone just switched stations from 106.9 (for whatever reason), but their website isn't coming up [​IMG]

So I take it Kidd Kradick In The Morning is not doing it for you.

thats the problem. the guy i need to cut is a better person, and i like him more. but since we are going to have a slim staff i need someone with strong skills in a few diferent areas, and he does not have them. the other guy is ok, but not as good a dude, has far better skills in 2 important areas. so yes sometimes sadly nice guys finish last. fak.

-1 for the nice guy

hey you can't be a BOSS without making a few people unhappy :/
    maybe you could help the guy find a new job or something

7. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

[​IMG] another reason to love bmore, all the great radio stations /sarcasm
    You a fan of The Big Fat Morning Show? Cleveland sucks for radio. On clear days you can get The River which broadcasts out of DET.

8. in stitches

So -1 for the nice guy

hey you can't be a BOSS without making a few people unhappy :/
    maybe you could help the guy find a new job or something

sadly that is true.

ill try. hes not a highly employable fellow outside of manual labor. i did finally convince him tp go back to school though. he is a pretty smart if unedgucated guy. hes in a trade shcool now to be an electrician. i really really hope he sticks with it and finishes up so he can get a real job that makes actual money.

You a fan of The Big Fat Morning Show?

im not exactly 92Q's target audience

9. in stitches

so this morning i had only one pair of socks that were clean and without holes. they are the ankle sock kind, and they are a tad small so the back keeps slipping over my ankle and under my foot. its driving me crazy [​IMG]

10. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    so this morning i had only one pair of socks that were clean and without holes. they are the ankle sock kind, and they are a tad small so the back keeps slipping over my ankle and under my foot. its driving me crazy [​IMG]

You work at FootLocker?

11. in stitches

You work at FootLocker?

i wish, they have air conditioning at least.

12. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

i'm trying to hire for a tricky position and i have three very strong in many respects but all imperfect in their own ways candidates. i'm jumping in with one of them but i have a nagging suspicion this isn't going to work out. the whole thing is irritating me immensely.

I will submit my resume for consideration, that will solve your issue.

13. in stitches

well the deed is done. i informed the entire staff (individually) of the required cut backs. they kind of knew it was coming and it went quite well actually. but i still hate doing this. fuck me.

14. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Being a sub contractor and as such being dependant upon the whims and fucking idiots employed by the accounts department who ensure that once again I am not paid. I have learnt my lesson and will not work for this mob again. And now I have to go and beg in a polite manner and listen to their piss poor excuses about why they did not pay me.[​IMG]

15. mr.orange

mr.orange Senior member

well the deed is done. i informed the entire staff (individually) of the required cut backs. they kind of knew it was coming and it went quite well actually. but i still hate doing this. fuck me.

but you've got to admit...it makes things a little better. whew load off your shoulders!

I've gotten fat. [​IMG]