• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
people who not only are complete dickheads, but take the time and effort to go out of their way to be dickheads.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
people who not only are complete dickheads, but take the time and effort to go out of their way to be dickheads.
You know, I kinda view it as a badge of honor that someone thought I was worth the effort to be dickish to. It's one thing to get a random dismissal (feh!) - for heaven's sake, it could be me, it could be him/her/it having a bad day - you never know these things. Could be a full moon, menstruating, traffic, too much time in the CE, hemorhhoids (but I repeat myself). But when someone takes great care in being a dick to me, I think I really deserved it and it reflects well upon our mutual dedication to our respective crafts. It fills me with a perverse sense of pride.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As I somewhat expected...the landlord won't negotiate at all on the 6% rent hike.

They wanted to do 6.25% last year but I was at least able to talk them into holding back a token amount and bringing it to 5%. Actually...last year wasn't a full year lease and the annualized bump they wanted to make was more like 9-10%.

I don't think I'll find any better deals though...so I guess I'll have to take it. There is a unit in my building with a sign up for rent at only $45 more that would have been 100-200 more per month than my current place when I moved in (so its not like rents have actually shot up and they are filling everything instantly).

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
You know, I kinda view it as a badge of honor that someone thought I was worth the effort to be dickish to. It's one thing to get a random dismissal (feh!) - for heaven's sake, it could be me, it could be him/her/it having a bad day - you never know these things. Could be a full moon, menstruating, traffic, too much time in the CE, hemorhhoids (but I repeat myself).

But when someone takes great care in being a dick to me, I think I really deserved it and it reflects well upon our mutual dedication to our respective crafts. It fills me with a perverse sense of pride.

yet further proof of your healthier attitude and self image than mine big T. once again you do not fail in bringing a smile to my face.
biggrin.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am going to see the B-52's and the Go-Gos in concernt tonight at a festival on the lawn. these are just about my all time favorite bands. my wife and I and a bunch of friends. the plan was that I was going to go up early and grab a spot. so, my wife said she would drive me and leave me there, then come home and leave the car and hang out for a while and then join me by train.

at the last minute she was too tired to, and really needed a nap. so then I needed to pack everything and get ready to go, and by the time I was ready, I missed the train that I would have taken to get there early. so, I am not going to be able to get there early and grab a good spot. pisses me off.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
God damnit! That's two Friday's in a row that people have cancelled plans on me. And TWO different people this week. Looks like its Karaoke for one again. :-(

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
God damnit! That's two Friday's in a row that people have cancelled plans on me. And TWO different people this week. Looks like its Karaoke for one again. :-(

oh god solo karaoke again?! Dammit you make me so depressed!

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
I am going to see the B-52's and the Go-Gos in concernt tonight at a festival on the lawn. these are just about my all time favorite bands. my wife and I and a bunch of friends. the plan was that I was going to go up early and grab a spot. so, my wife said she would drive me and leave me there, then come home and leave the car and hang out for a while and then join me by train.

at the last minute she was too tired to, and really needed a nap. so then I needed to pack everything and get ready to go, and by the time I was ready, I missed the train that I would have taken to get there early. so, I am not going to be able to get there early and grab a good spot. pisses me off.

Going to Ravenna, I assume? Hope you enjoyed the show.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ravena is an awesome venue. There was an amphitheatre near Chicago that closed in the late 90s or early 00s...forget the name but apparently is was awesome.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had such a ******* great time. B-52's and the Go-Gos. two of the best bands ever. in the end some of our other friends had grabbed pretty good seats. I brought a really good bottle of wine, and we had some nice picnic food. really nice evening.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Some college kids are house sitting for the neighbors next door and they've decided to have people over for a drinking party. Normally I wouldn't care, but these little dipshits left the family's two dogs outside and it's been pouring rain with heavy lightning. The dogs were barking like crazy and they didn't do ****, so I finally brought them in with me. I'll bring them back in the morning after they freak the **** out about where the dogs went.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
Some college kids are house sitting for the neighbors next door and they've decided to have people over for a drinking party. Normally I wouldn't care, but these little dipshits left the family's two dogs outside and it's been pouring rain with heavy lightning. The dogs were barking like crazy and they didn't do ****, so I finally brought them in with me. I'll bring them back in the morning after they freak the **** out about where the dogs went.
You really should let the owners know about these 'kids.'

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
You really should let the owners know about these 'kids.'
+1. Those dogs may well be edgy for days. When I was a kid, we had a German pointer (Vorstehhund) ***** that would have a nervous breakdown every New year's, in thunder, lightning, etc. It would take her a week or so to get her calm back and stop shaking. The story was that she'd been mistreated by some previous idiot owner who'd pushed all the wrong buttons when trying to train her as a bird dog. Gtastritis.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads