Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

people who not only are complete dickheads, but take the time and effort to go out of their way to be dickheads.

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

people who not only are complete dickheads, but take the time and effort to go out of their way to be dickheads.
    You know, I kinda view it as a badge of honor that someone thought I was worth the effort to be dickish to. It's one thing to get a random dismissal (feh!) - for heaven's sake, it could be me, it could be him/her/it having a bad day - you never know these things. Could be a full moon, menstruating, traffic, too much time in the CE, hemorhhoids (but I repeat myself). But when someone takes great care in being a dick to me, I think I really deserved it and it reflects well upon our mutual dedication to our respective crafts. It fills me with a perverse sense of pride.

3. otc

otc Senior member

As I somewhat expected...the landlord won't negotiate at all on the 6% rent hike.

They wanted to do 6.25% last year but I was at least able to talk them into holding back a token amount and bringing it to 5%. Actually...last year wasn't a full year lease and the annualized bump they wanted to make was more like 9-10%.

I don't think I'll find any better deals though...so I guess I'll have to take it. There is a unit in my building with a sign up for rent at only $45 more that would have been 100-200 more per month than my current place when I moved in (so its not like rents have actually shot up and they are filling everything instantly).

4. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

You know, I kinda view it as a badge of honor that someone thought I was worth the effort to be dickish to. It's one thing to get a random dismissal (feh!) - for heaven's sake, it could be me, it could be him/her/it having a bad day - you never know these things. Could be a full moon, menstruating, traffic, too much time in the CE, hemorhhoids (but I repeat myself).

But when someone takes great care in being a dick to me, I think I really deserved it and it reflects well upon our mutual dedication to our respective crafts. It fills me with a perverse sense of pride.

yet further proof of your healthier attitude and self image than mine big T. once again you do not fail in bringing a smile to my face. [​IMG]

5. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I am going to see the B-52's and the Go-Gos in concernt tonight at a festival on the lawn. these are just about my all time favorite bands. my wife and I and a bunch of friends. the plan was that I was going to go up early and grab a spot. so, my wife said she would drive me and leave me there, then come home and leave the car and hang out for a while and then join me by train.

at the last minute she was too tired to, and really needed a nap. so then I needed to pack everything and get ready to go, and by the time I was ready, I missed the train that I would have taken to get there early. so, I am not going to be able to get there early and grab a good spot. pisses me off.

6. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

family politics. ugh. why are people so damn petty?!

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

God damnit! That's two Friday's in a row that people have cancelled plans on me. And TWO different people this week. Looks like its Karaoke for one again. :-(

8. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

God damnit! That's two Friday's in a row that people have cancelled plans on me. And TWO different people this week. Looks like its Karaoke for one again. :-(

oh god solo karaoke again?! Dammit you make me so depressed!

9. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

oh god solo karaoke again?! Dammit you make me so depressed!
    +1. Then again I am drinking alone and watching YouTube videoz.

10. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

I am going to see the B-52's and the Go-Gos in concernt tonight at a festival on the lawn. these are just about my all time favorite bands. my wife and I and a bunch of friends. the plan was that I was going to go up early and grab a spot. so, my wife said she would drive me and leave me there, then come home and leave the car and hang out for a while and then join me by train.

at the last minute she was too tired to, and really needed a nap. so then I needed to pack everything and get ready to go, and by the time I was ready, I missed the train that I would have taken to get there early. so, I am not going to be able to get there early and grab a good spot. pisses me off.

Going to Ravenna, I assume? Hope you enjoyed the show.

11. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Ravena is an awesome venue. There was an amphitheatre near Chicago that closed in the late 90s or early 00s...forget the name but apparently is was awesome.

12. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I had such a fucking great time. B-52's and the Go-Gos. two of the best bands ever. in the end some of our other friends had grabbed pretty good seats. I brought a really good bottle of wine, and we had some nice picnic food. really nice evening.

13. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

Some college kids are house sitting for the neighbors next door and they've decided to have people over for a drinking party. Normally I wouldn't care, but these little dipshits left the family's two dogs outside and it's been pouring rain with heavy lightning. The dogs were barking like crazy and they didn't do shit, so I finally brought them in with me. I'll bring them back in the morning after they freak the fuck out about where the dogs went.

14. RSS

RSS Senior member

Some college kids are house sitting for the neighbors next door and they've decided to have people over for a drinking party. Normally I wouldn't care, but these little dipshits left the family's two dogs outside and it's been pouring rain with heavy lightning. The dogs were barking like crazy and they didn't do shit, so I finally brought them in with me. I'll bring them back in the morning after they freak the fuck out about where the dogs went.
    You really should let the owners know about these 'kids.'

15. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

You really should let the owners know about these 'kids.'
    +1. Those dogs may well be edgy for days. When I was a kid, we had a German pointer (Vorstehhund) bitch that would have a nervous breakdown every New year's, in thunder, lightning, etc. It would take her a week or so to get her calm back and stop shaking. The story was that she'd been mistreated by some previous idiot owner who'd pushed all the wrong buttons when trying to train her as a bird dog. Gtastritis.